Captain America 4

Phroobar

Came across Giancarlo at Monsterpalooza yesterday in Pasadena. Very nice man.

IMG_8548.jpg

DKampy

That was actually exactly what my first thought was. His inclusion could be as part of an after credit scene or something.
This is what most likely is happening… he has hinted at having his own Disney plus show… but says he will be teased in multiple projects before then… this was about a week before his casting announcement

MoonRakerSCM

When a project that was written for a TV series becomes a theatrical release?

Since when was Captain America 4 a TV series?

Earliest mention of story writing I can dig up is this Hollywood Reporter article from early 2021 which mentions it was bring written as a movie-

Also, please explain how if something was originally written as a TV series, then rewritten into a movie... and shot... then cut together, screened, extensively reshot, then at THAT point had new characters brought in makes sense.

I fail to see the connection here......

"Remember team, this was originally written as a TV series... then we rewrote it to be a movie... that means during the extensive reshoots we expect to bring in new characters we'll cast at that time"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Since when was Captain America 4 a TV series?
It was talked about and treated as a strong possibility...

But, I must apologize that I was wrong to assume the switch from FatWS 2 to Cap 4 happened while anything was written or in production, and thus, was not a cause of reshoots.

This article explains that reshoots happening recently are happening because principle production wrapped up right before the writer's strike, and so, the usual reshoots were delayed. And, that this is the only reshoot. Which is common.

MoonRakerSCM

It was talked about and treated as a strong possibility...
Where? I read your linked article and it doesnt say anything as such.

I was wrong to assume the switch from FatWS 2 to Cap 4 happened while anything was written or in production, and thus, was not a cause of reshoots.
That's not what my question was. I asked, since when do reshoots cast new characters?

_caleb

That's not what my question was. I asked, since when do reshoots cast new characters?
I don't think it's necessary to build up some narrative that production is in trouble or that Disney/Marvel don't know what they're doing. But this seems like a good explanation:
When they want to include post credit scenes that flow into the next movie/series where that new character is likely be featured.
Also, if you've kept up with both the Captain America storyline in the MCU and current world events, there are likely some story elements that may need to be addressed in order to steer clear of social and political issues.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Also, if you've kept up with both the Captain America storyline in the MCU and current world events, there are likely some story elements that may need to be addressed in order to steer clear of social and political issues.
Yep, this was the initial point of the reshoots prior to Giancarlo getting cast.

MoonRakerSCM

Ain't no thang. Mods posted it in a thread a while back, I forget which one. It was mentioned because posters started talking about other posters and their 'insiduous' nasty 'actual' agendas (aka politics etc.) instead of what they were saying.

I'll rephrase my original question as I'm quite curious though. Have any other films ever cast new characters during reshoots?

I see the mention of a post credits scene, is there any evidence he's only in a post credits scene? Seems if that were the case it wouldn't be something they'd announce. I dont recall them announcing they'd cast Kelsey Grammer in The Marvels...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ain't no thang. Mods posted it in a thread a while back, I forget which one. It was mentioned because posters started talking about other posters and their 'insiduous' nasty 'actual' agendas (aka politics etc.) instead of what they were saying.

I'll rephrase my original question as I'm quite curious though. Have any other films ever cast new characters during reshoots?

I see the mention of a post credits scene, is there any evidence he's only in a post credits scene? Seems if that were the case it wouldn't be something they'd announce. I dont recall them announcing they'd cast Kelsey Grammer in The Marvels...
He himself has dropped hints its minor in nature and that his appearances (plural, meaning he'll show up in more than just this movie) are leading to a series. So this indicates its more likely post-credit scenes rather than scenes during the core of the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom