Captain America 4

GimpYancIent

Other than anyone who saw old man Steve hand Sam the the shield at the end of the infinity saga. Seem to remember that was quite a lot of people 🤔
Yes, the shield was passed over to "The Falcon" With that Captain America retired / went into hiatus leaving "The Falcon" in possession of the shield. The way I see it, "The Falcon" is now in possession of Captain Americas shield but it does not make him Captain America, The Falcon is still "The Falcon" (just in possession of the Captain America shield).

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, the shield was passed over to "The Falcon" With that Captain America retired / went into hiatus leaving "The falcon" in possession of the shield. The way I see it, "The Falcon" is now in possession of Captain Americas shield but it does not make him Captain America, The Falcon is still "The Falcon" (just in possession of the Captain America shield).
The people who saw the 2 Billion dollar Box Office movie should at least know that Old Steve won't be Captain America.

And if they didn't hear anything about FatWS on D+, they will certainly see the teasers, previews, and posters with Sam as Captain America.

And just perhaps, if they go to CA4 thinking that somehow 'young' Chris Evans is still C.A. because they somehow missed the previews and posters and buzz... just maybe they won't storm out of the theater demanding a refund when the beginning of the movie recaps through exposition that Sam is now C.A.

Prince-1

I will add per reports it won't be until the next Avengers movie that he is expected back. But those are all suppositions as well

If you are talking about Evans coming back as Cap then yes I can totally see that. It gives time for Mackie to be Cap in his own film and probably some cameos elsewhere and then have some multiverse variant of Evans back as Cap. But I don't think for a second he will be back in Cap 4.

Prince-1

It may be worth pointing out that if you put any stock in what WDW Pro says, it sounds like the toy companies have been taking it in the shorts with a lot of these character changes as well. Steve-as-Cap sells better than Sam-as-Cap, which isn't entirely surprising, but what I found interesting is that Sam-as-Falcon also apparently outsells Sam-as-Cap.

Zero stock in him.

Last edited:

Prince-1

I bet that changes post Capt. America 4. To you previous point, if you are not tied into Disney +, then you don't know why Captain America suddenly is black, and not Steve Rogers.

Just like you didn't know that Wanda went from hero to trying to kill a teenager in D. Strange 2. Still a stupid plotline.

Prince-1

The whole thing is just a giant marketing failure. They assume way too many people have kept up with the Disney+ shows religiously. The normal casual moviegoer has no clue that Captain America is anyone other than Chris Evans as Steve Rogers.

They should have called this movie "The Falcon."

I am fine with it as he is no longer The Falcon and is now Captain America. But yes, they are relying on people watching everything Marvel on D+ and not everyone is.

Prince-1

Again, put your "casual moviegoer" hat on. They "retired Cap" but they're making Captain America 4. A casual moviegoer is confused by this.

And I have zero problem with Mackie being the new Cap. I would have been fine with them retiring the name entirely, I would have been fine with Bucky, and I'm fine with Sam. I just think it was a mistake to give it to Sam on Disney+.

The true mistake was making The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. That show was crap.

erasure fan1

That is a mute point considering that Top Gun Maverick did $1,482,805,552 post pandemic and Spiderman No Way Home did $1,920,544,470.
Exactly. If you make a movie people want to see, people will show up. The pandemic can't be an excuse anymore. What the pandemic has shown me, is that studios can no longer phone it in. And streaming has a lot to do with that as well. If you make a mediocre film people will just wait, it's as simple as that.

doctornick

Just like you didn't know that Wanda went from hero to trying to kill a teenager in D. Strange 2. Still a stupid plotline.

I think Wanda's change from the movies was a much bigger deal and far more confusing for anyone who hadn't seen the corresponding show than Sam. Heck, Wanda being the bad guy of the film was a leap even if you had seen WandaVision. Sam being Captain America can be easily explained by a line or two spoken in the movie.

Phroobar

I think Wanda's change from the movies was a much bigger deal and far more confusing for anyone who hadn't seen the corresponding show than Sam. Heck, Wanda being the bad guy of the film was a leap even if you had seen WandaVision. Sam being Captain America can be easily explained by a line or two spoken in the movie.
I agree. Somehow she has every god like ability imaginable and she only uses them once per opponent. If someone can just change someone's physical traits with just a though, (Removing Blackbolt's mouth) she should be completely unstoppable. It is magic used for the coolness of the scene not for the story. There are so many things they could have done with those portals to stop her but didn't. All they had to do was put a portal over Wanda and cut her in half and the other half goes to space. Game over.

It's just bad story telling.

MickeyMouse10

The true mistake was making The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. That show was crap.
While I wouldn't say it was crap, I would definitely say it was the weakest Disney+ entry to date. Just boring as all get out and with worst antagonists.

I have to actually agree with Prince on this one. The Falcon show was horrible and wasted the lead characters great chemistry. By being lame, playing into stereotypes, being preachy and like you said Doc by having the worst evvvverrrr antagonist.

Prince-1

I wish I could mute this Prince guy. 😶

Good news… you can!!! Sorry if you get all bothered by someone calling out your nonsense. I mean I’m still waiting for that link that shows Evans might be back as a bad guy. I’m sure you are just looking for it. 😂

Prince-1

Agreed. Even if you saw the show it was stupid. She read a book, turned evil, and wanted to kill some teenager.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom