Captain America 4

_caleb

I think it's more of a question of will they show up for an Anthony Mackie captain America movie. I'm on the fence. I loved falcon and I would have liked for him to just continue for a longer time. I don't think they needed to replace Cap so quickly. I don't feel like the general public was super wowed by Mackie as Cap.
Chris Evans played Captain America for 10 years.

Until now, Mackie has been relegated to supporting roles in MCU films. We only got a glimpse of Sam Wilson truly embracing the role at the very end of FATWS. I am excited to see Mackie get this opportunity and I have confidence he will do a great job taking up the mantle.

Just as Sam Wilson has to figure out how to live in Steve Roger’s shadow, so Mackie will need to get out from under Chris Evans’.

MickeyMouse10

I really liked Mackie in the Falcon role. Hopefully he'll eventually go back to it. I thought he was coming into his own before he got the hand me downs.

Also it would be nice to see the real Captain America fight Red Skull in modern times.

GimpYancIent

"The Falcon" assuming the role of "Captain America" is a meh. The Falcon needs to revert to being "The Falcon" and step away from trying to be Captain America. The Captain America character can resurrect without another superhero taking up the mantra.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"The Falcon" assuming the role of "Captain America" is a meh. The Falcon needs to revert to being "The Falcon" and step away from trying to be Captain America. The Captain America character can resurrect without another superhero taking up the mantra.
*mantle. ;)

Falcon becoming Captain America is true to the Marvel comic books. This is a Marvel comic book cinematic universe.

_caleb

The Falcon isn't assuming the role of Captain America. Sam Wilson is. He used to be The Falcon, but now he's Captain America. Other people have also been Captain America: In the MCU, there's been Steve Rogers, Isaiah Bradley, and John Walker.

So far, the MCU hasn't done a whole lot of resurrecting dead characters, but because time travel has been established through the quantum realm and because the MCU is a multiverse, there can be several versions of each hero with the same or a different alter ego.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If we're going by the comics then Bucky should have gotten it first. But everyone knows why he didn't get it.
If we're being technical both Bucky and Sam taking up the mantle of Capt America is a modern Marvel comics thing, only occurring as early as 2008.

So this idea it should be Bucky over Sam as if it happened a long time ago is just silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedijax719

Anyone who doesn't know that Sam Wilson is the new Cap has either been living under a rock or hasn't the tiniest knowledge of the MCU.

Probably both.

Prince-1

Do you have any proof? Or is that just your opinion?

Educated guess based on the fact that Evans was done with the role which was then given to Mackie. He will not wanted to cone right back to the same movie franchise and possibly upstage Mackie in his first movie as Cap. Ain't never going to happen.

I assume you have some proof for saying that he is going to be in the movie??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom