Captain America 4

DCBaker

Premium Member
"With plenty of time until its Feb. 14, 2025 theatrical release, Marvel Studios‘ Captain America: Brave New World has hired Matthew Orton to pen additional scenes and material.

Orton will work on material that will be shot in additional photography, which will take place in spring-summer of 2024, we understand.

Orton previously worked as a consulting producer for Marvel Studios’ Disney+ series Moon Knight."

More at the link below.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Filming only started this past March. This would be an ordinary time for reshoots.

The film was planned two years ago and world politics has had significant shifts and events since they wrote the first draft. So, I'm not surprised there are script changes.

Jedijax719

I foresee this film being the "Solo" to MCU's Captain America/Star Wars. Sure, we all know and love Sam Wilson, but the vast majority of folks out there only know Steve Rogers as Captain America. For many, this will be a tough pill to swallow.

_caleb

I foresee this film being the "Solo" to MCU's Captain America/Star Wars. Sure, we all know and love Sam Wilson, but the vast majority of folks out there only know Steve Rogers as Captain America. For many, this will be a tough pill to swallow.
This movie will show the vast majority who only know Steve Rogers as Captain America that Sam Wilson is the new Captain America.

The reactionaries will ignore the fact that Captain America is a mantle and that Sam assumed the title in TFatWS. They’ll ignore the comic book history and declare the film a race-swapping disaster well before it opens.

erasure fan1

The reactionaries will ignore the fact that Captain America is a mantle and that Sam assumed the title in TFatWS. They’ll ignore the comic book history and declare the film a race-swapping disaster well before it opens.
That's probably a good bet. Will that matter? I'm not sure. Sam is well loved as a character. Will that translate into fans wanting him to be the next Cap? I hope so, but I have my doubts. I actually think the Solo comparison is a good one. People don't dislike Han, but they sure as heck weren't open to someone new playing the part. Steve Rodgers is as iconic of a movie superhero that there's ever been. I can see the general audience being lukewarm on the whole thing. If the movie is great, it can win over the general public. But if it's closer to these last few mcu outings it could be problematic for the film.

_caleb

That's probably a good bet. Will that matter? I'm not sure. Sam is well loved as a character. Will that translate into fans wanting him to be the next Cap? I hope so, but I have my doubts. I actually think the Solo comparison is a good one. People don't dislike Han, but they sure as heck weren't open to someone new playing the part. Steve Rodgers is as iconic of a movie superhero that there's ever been. I can see the general audience being lukewarm on the whole thing. If the movie is great, it can win over the general public. But if it's closer to these last few mcu outings it could be problematic for the film.
Yeah, I actually think it will be better to have Sam become Cap rather than Anthony Mackie taking the role of Steve Rogers. That is, as long as audiences are able to comprehend that this is what’s happening.

Since they’ve only shelved Evans’s Rogers, I expect we’ll see him again. If they really want to set Mackie up for success, they’ll figure out a way to have at least a cameo of Evans in this film.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Giancarlo Esposito has reportedly joined the cast of Captain America: Brave New World.

THR also reports the film is going through reshoots.

"Sam Wilson is back in action this week in Atlanta, where Captain America: Brave New World began a round of additional photography, with a new actor now in the cast.

Giancarlo Esposito, who for a few weeks had hinted at his involvement in a Marvel Studios project, is officially on the call sheet in an undisclosed, but sources say, villainous role.

The shoot will run 22 days, according to insiders. Among the added elements will be some new action sequences. Julius Onah remains the director."

See the link below for more details.

DKampy

Giancarlo Esposito has reportedly joined the cast of Captain America: Brave New World.

THR also reports the film is going through reshoots.

"Sam Wilson is back in action this week in Atlanta, where Captain America: Brave New World began a round of additional photography, with a new actor now in the cast.

Giancarlo Esposito, who for a few weeks had hinted at his involvement in a Marvel Studios project, is officially on the call sheet in an undisclosed, but sources say, villainous role.

The shoot will run 22 days, according to insiders. Among the added elements will be some new action sequences. Julius Onah remains the director."

See the link below for more details.

You can never go wrong with adding Giancarlo Esposito to the cast

In the Parks
No
I agree Giancarlo Esposito is a great villain actor...but doesn't it seem late in the production to be adding a villain? Makes me wonder why such extensive reshoots were necessary. Hopefully it's all to make the movie better from what it would have been. But it does make me a little leery.

_caleb

I agree Giancarlo Esposito is a great villain actor...but doesn't it seem late in the production to be adding a villain? Makes me wonder why such extensive reshoots were necessary. Hopefully it's all to make the movie better from what it would have been. But it does make me a little leery.
Maybe he’s not going to be the main villain for this film, but instead they’re going to introduce his character here to start setting him up to be a Big Bad over a few films?

LSLS

Maybe he’s not going to be the main villain for this film, but instead they’re going to introduce his character here to start setting him up to be a Big Bad over a few films?
That was actually exactly what my first thought was. His inclusion could be as part of an after credit scene or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom