Patty Jenkins' 'Rogue Squadron' coming December 2023

GimpYancIent

I thought there was a push to make the last three Star Wars iterations simply a bad dream, a nightmare / night terror that Rey gets to wake up from and never happened. Then new and improved, well written trilogy with updated / new / fresh characters can happen. At least I recall some conversation in that direction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I thought there was a push to make the last three Star Wars iterations simply a bad dream, a nightmare / night terror that Rey gets to wake up from and never happened. Then new and improved, well written trilogy with updated / new / fresh characters can happen. At least I recall some conversation in that direction.
…and then daisy Ridley woke up
(Hasn’t really worked since…check the tape)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And this is what I don't get about the defenders. I was told on here that I don't know that they aren't doing anything. And to wait for D23.... But here we are, with absolutely nothing to hang our hats on except for some placeholder dates from what, 3 years ago? The last thing I want to do is constantly dog the franchise that ment EVERYTHING to me as a kid. I just don't get how the state of theatrical star wars is defended.
One more thing…remember what their big movie presentation was at “Star Wars celebration”?

Indiana Jones.

If anyone told you “just wait for d23…” they are pretty much not worthy of BOTD after they missed the symbolism in that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Only in the mind of some fans and false insiders and toxic vloggers attempting to 'manifest' it through nerdrage videos. The same ones who keep sharing their insider knowledge that Kennedy is going to be fired... for the past five years and thru two contract renewals.

As I mentioned above, ever since the sequels, just about every SW product has been cementing in the plot points of the sequels and the prequels.

MickeyMouse10

Only in the mind of some fans and false insiders and toxic vloggers attempting to 'manifest' it through nerdrage videos. The same ones who keep sharing their insider knowledge that Kennedy is going to be fired... for the past five years and thru two contract renewals.

As I mentioned above, ever since the sequels, just about every SW product has been cementing in the plot points of the sequels and the prequels.

Yep, I love watching Doomcock and find him very entertaining, but he's full of poop. They aren't going to erase something they've built a whole land and crappy hotel around.

erasure fan1

They aren't going to erase something they've built a whole land and crappy hotel around.
Of course they won't, they are absolutely too stubborn to admit they took the wrong approach. At this point, there wouldn't really be a point to reworking the sequels. There's zero way, outside of CG to get the band back together so just leave it be. The issue is where are we going? Now is when we should be fully invested in either Knights of the old republic, or something that is 500yrs plus in the future. What they should have done from the start. Instead, they are flopping around like a fish out of water because Kennedy has no clue what to do.

Now granted, it doesn't matter what she does. At this point whatever she does, is going to be met with a lot of negativity. She's burned too many bridges with the fans. And I would be willing to bet she knows it and that's part of the reason we have nothing theatrical. Use D+ to put the pieces back together and hopefully get the majority of fans back on your side. Then roll out the new saga story.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep, I love watching Doomcock and find him very entertaining, but he's full of poop. They aren't going to erase something they've built a whole land and crappy hotel around.
Wait…people actually say that?

This is why vloggers are pointless. They’re for kids and should be left to that.

They were never going to “erase” anything. Doesn’t fit Disney at all. They oversaw a complete disaster in cinema. It’s ok…we can’t change it so excuses are pointless.

The beauty is Star Wars still slogs on. Resiliency built on the worlds first true modern super fans. Good for Disney.

But as far as “sequels” go…it’s over. We never got them. The right time was really the prequel years. Right age and right time. But George didn’t want to deal with it. His prerogative.

Disney tried to remake and “cast a wider net”. It’s understandable they tried…and it’s even more understandable it failed. It did…completely failed to accomplish the goals except some quick bucks…which are now gone. Not a launch point for new IP or product pusher.

We can all get along and not discuss this again and again. No true sequels. They didn’t come and they won’t come. The die is cast.

MickeyMouse10

Wait…people actually say that?

This is why vloggers are pointless. They’re for kids and should be left to that.

They were never going to “erase” anything. Doesn’t fit Disney at all. They oversaw a complete disaster in cinema. It’s ok…we can’t change it so excuses are pointless.

The beauty is Star Wars still slogs on. Resiliency built on the worlds first true modern super fans. Good for Disney.

But as far as “sequels” go…it’s over. We never got them. The right time was really the prequel years. Right age and right time. But George didn’t want to deal with it. His prerogative.

Disney tried to remake and “cast a wider net”. It’s understandable they tried…and it’s even more understandable it failed. It did…completely failed to accomplish the goals except some quick bucks…which are now gone. Not a launch point for new IP or product pusher.

We can all get along and not discuss this again and again. No true sequels. They didn’t come and they won’t come. The die is cast.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yep, he's one of my guilty pleasures. His main nemesis is Kathleen Kennedy, who he often portrays as the Ultimate Evil. Whose sole mission is to bring down Star Wars.

He plays various characters like Doomcock and Harvey Cthulhu, his Frenemy. It's kinda like the show Mystery Science Theater.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Excuse me Mr. Penguin, The gentleman and scholar known as Sir Walter Raleigh wanted me to tell you. ... he agrees with you.
See, that's the problem. I don't want every post he makes about SW to loop me in. Nor do I want his commentary on every SW post I make. This is just an example of how I've become part of his SW obsession, and I don't want to be a part of it whether he agrees with me or not. I asked him to stop, and he didn't. And now he's enlisting other people to keep up the crossing of boundaries. So, he's still hasn't stopped. So, please don't enable whatever this is of his. Thanks.

Screamface

Of course they won't, they are absolutely too stubborn to admit they took the wrong approach. At this point, there wouldn't really be a point to reworking the sequels. There's zero way, outside of CG to get the band back together so just leave it be. The issue is where are we going? Now is when we should be fully invested in either Knights of the old republic, or something that is 500yrs plus in the future. What they should have done from the start. Instead, they are flopping around like a fish out of water because Kennedy has no clue what to do.

The best option would be to simply ignore them.

Let the Mando shows do their own thing would out being bound by them. There's plenty of time in the timeline.

Galaxies Edge over time will become less timeline specific to the sequels.

The sequels will end up just existing as their own separate island of Star Wars.

The very worst thing they could do is to start trying to set up the sequels and bridge the timeline. Imagine trying to untangle that mess? At the very best, just vaguely allude to things if need me. It's dumb the next season of Mando has Babu Frik. More of this tiny Galaxy problem. Hopefully the same race, not the same character.

As for CGI band back together. I wish they'd do animated adaptions of Legends material. Audiences are sophisticated enough to understand different cannons and different universes.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

The very worst thing they could do is to start trying to set up the sequels and bridge the timeline. Imagine trying to untangle that mess? At the very best, just vaguely allude to things if need me. It's dumb the next season of Mando has Babu Frik. More of this tiny Galaxy problem. Hopefully the same race, not the same character.
That's the beauty of going knights of the old republic. It's exactly why Bioware went to that timeframe with the game. You have the flexibility to tell your own story, without all the baggage of what's come before. All you need to do is stay true to things like jedi, sith, the force... And you'll be fine.

I don't think that's Babu Frik, just his species. They should be using aliens, droids, ships, planets... From all the movies and shows. It is what connects the universe. The Mando is a great example of it. Say what you will about the sequels or prequels but they do have some cool star wars things in them. So since they aren't going to change or redo them, you might as well use the good stuff.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's the beauty of going knights of the old republic. It's exactly why Bioware went to that timeframe with the game. You have the flexibility to tell your own story, without all the baggage of what's come before. All you need to do is stay true to things like jedi, sith, the force... And you'll be fine.

I don't think that's Babu Frik, just his species. They should be using aliens, droids, ships, planets... From all the movies and shows. It is what connects the universe. The Mando is a great example of it. Say what you will about the sequels or prequels but they do have some cool star wars things in them. So since they aren't going to change or redo them, you might as well use the good stuff.
Everything from the “sequels” is hot garbage and should be dumped. Not “replaced”…just ignored.
I could go point by point as to why…but I don’t want to bore anyone 😎

erasure fan1

Everything from the “sequels” is hot garbage and should be dumped. Not “replaced”…just ignored.
I could go point by point as to why…but I don’t want to bore anyone 😎
I think there are some good ship designs as well as some good droids and aliens. As far as story beats go, or actual characters, yea I agree. I wouldn't mind a Luke and Kylo story 5 or 6 years before ep7, but in no way do I think Kennedy could do it right. So yea, just leave it be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think there are some good ship designs as well as some good droids and aliens. As far as story beats go, or actual characters, yea I agree. I wouldn't mind a Luke and Kylo story 5 or 6 years before ep7, but in no way do I think Kennedy could do it right. So yea, just leave it be.
It’s all wrong. Starting with the name changes and slight mods to the OT designs

Da hell where they thinking?

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

Any minute now the bird, Wendy, Reygirl or the Bruh is gonna tell you how toxic you are because you read the room with common sense 😎🫣

When will people realize the toxicity doesn't come from criticism, but the attitude and gatekeeping from certain "fans" who insist their opinion on any given show or movie is the correct one?

Case in point, liking or disliking a movie isn't "common sense" but rather a matter of individual taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom