Patty Jenkins' 'Rogue Squadron' coming December 2023

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've seen that mentioned as well. What makes me think this movie won't happen, is their lack of any mention at D23. If it was something they were still planning, they would have said something. They have never been shy about talking about things that are 3, 4 or 5 plus years out. So it really just doesn't line up.
They didn't mention any of the "in the works" Star Wars theatrical projects. There are attached directors and producers, but I haven't heard any of the starting pre-production.

Nor were there dates for Ahsoka, Skeleton Crew, The Acolyte, A Droid Story.

There's a lot of stuff not mentioned.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They didn't mention any of the "in the works" Star Wars theatrical projects. There are attached directors and producers, but I haven't heard any of the starting pre-production.

There's a lot of stuff not mentioned.
…really?…i hadn’t noticed 😬

erasure fan1

I don't believe Taika or Kevins movies come out either. I truly think Kennedy announced them just to show that they were working on something. As far as the TV goes, they said nothing at D3, but they've been talked about at least. At this point, if you are star wars fan, you really have to believe that until production starts. It is most likely not coming out. Kennedy has had more projects scrapped than completed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't believe Taika or Kevins movies come out either. I truly think Kennedy announced them just to show that they were working on something. As far as the TV goes, they said nothing at D3, but they've been talked about at least. At this point, if you are star wars fan, you really have to believe that until production starts. It is most likely not coming out. Kennedy has had more projects scrapped than completed.
…oh NOW you’re gonna get it 🫢

Screamface

Maybe the movie was almost identical to Top Gun Maverick but was about Wedge instead of Maverick. So they canned it because of worry for stealing ideas.

LOL-I kid. SW is just a MESS right now!!!

Top Gun Maverick was literally just the trench run from the original Star Wars. So you're probably right as they have no new ideas at Lucasfilm.

The biggest hurdle the film would have had is that it is set in the sequel timeframe or after, which everyone hates and there is actually no world-building or story. So how do you make a compelling film? There's barely anything to work with.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Top Gun Maverick was literally just the trench run from the original Star Wars. So you're probably right as they have no new ideas at Lucasfilm.

The biggest hurdle the film would have had is that it is set in the sequel timeframe or after, which everyone hates and there is actually no world-building or story. So how do you make a compelling film? There's barely anything to work with.
Maverick was a more polished version of top gun…which is why it worked. It didn’t hate the audience for liking the original

LFL could learn a lot there

erasure fan1

Maverick was a more polished version of top gun…which is why it worked. It didn’t hate the audience for liking the original

A lot of studios could learn from stuff like Maverick or Cobra Kai. Nostalgia and fan service can be great things when done correctly. Respect the material that came before, don't insult your most dedicated fans, and you'll be good. It really doesn't seem like too hard of a concept to get.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A lot of studios could learn from stuff like Maverick or Cobra Kai. Nostalgia and fan service can be great things when done correctly. Respect the material that came before, don't insult your most dedicated fans, and you'll be good. It really doesn't seem like too hard of a concept to get.
I was gonna mention cobra kai too

Funny how if you direct your material at the demographic that has the most money/interest if can work, huh?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s proven “elusive” at the presidio

The mistake…since 1993…has Been “how do we get more?!?”…while completely missing the easy formula to get more. Let the old guys lead the way…they’ve LOST billions on that mistake for 25 years.

MickeyMouse10

Yep, exactly.

Every time the fans criticize one of Disney's bad shows or movies. We have to sit there and listen to them call us names. It's worse than having a nagging husband or wife.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep, exactly.

Every time the fans criticize one of Disney's bad shows or movies. We have to sit there and listen to them call us names. It's worse than having a nagging husband or wife.
Those that don’t “get” a simple concept, always blame the people that do for “not getting” a bad product that they falsely equate to some complex, mystical direction.

You watch it…it’s either good or it’s not. Rogue 1 is a good example. Far from perfect…but a wide cross section liked it even after lucasfilm Did it’s best to trash it as “not their vision” prior to release.

No…it wasn’t the vision of an awful and since fired story department. It was an idea from a revered ILM elder and shot by a fan.

Over complicating things leads to failure

erasure fan1

Yep, exactly.

And the worst part of that, is they will point to some small group of morons on Twitter and say "look at how toxic and awful star wars fans are". When the vast majority of the criticism of Disney star wars is completely warranted.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And the worst part of that, is they will point to some small group of morons on Twitter and say "look at how toxic and awful star wars fans are". When the vast majority of the criticism of Disney star wars is completely warranted.
Any minute now the bird, Wendy, Reygirl or the Bruh is gonna tell you how toxic you are because you read the room with common sense 😎🫣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom