Patty Jenkins' 'Rogue Squadron' coming December 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Patty Jenkins claims she is back working on Rogue Squadron.

"In a stunning turn of events, Patty Jenkins has claimed that she has signed a new deal with Lucasfilm and Disney to return to work as the writer and director of a Rogue Squadron movie, which was agreed just prior to this summer's strikes. Jenkins, who left the role in order to make Wonder Woman 3, told host Ben Mankiewicz on the TCM/Max podcast, Talking Pictures, that she had signed an agreement to return to a galaxy far, far away. For their part, Disney has provided no further updates on the project since it was pulled from the calendar back in 2022."

Because it’s the idea most likely to placate the backbone of Star Wars fans…perhaps?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm interested in this. I like the idea of an entire movie centered around flying/dog fights. The problem with this though, is will also include cool and likeable characters?
Honestly…and this is gonna sound whacko

They need like a Justin beiber or Harry styles type to be the center…with denis Lawson as the mentor.

If they decide it needs to be Lupita Nyong’o…then they’re still nuts

Change it up and lean IN a little…easiest thing ever

Hawkeye_2018

Hopefully they find a balance in the casting. But if this ends up with all the main characters either women or people of color. And we get al the PR puff pieces of them patting themselves on the back...they might as well just burn several hundred million dollars right now and save everyone the time

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hopefully they find a balance in the casting. But if this ends up with all the main characters either women or people of color. And we get al the PR puff pieces of them patting themselves on the back...they might as well just burn several hundred million dollars right now and save everyone the time
Well…this is my first time thinking about Star Wars…so permit me some learning curve

It seems to me…that Star Wars is the quintessential “NATO” franchise…that AMERIO-EUROPEAN centric market is what has made Scrooge’s money bin worth of cash.

Am I saying they need to throw some meat to the White Guys?

…no…I’d never suggest that 🤥

Screamface

One has to assume someone at Lucasfilm opened up Apple TV+ , saw Masters of the Air is number one and remembered they had this project.

That's a series I can criticise, but it was very good and had a level of thought and detail put into it that Disney is currently incapable of doing.

As they lack any ability at new ideas, I assume we'll get something riffing of Top Gun Maverick and another death star type boss level.

EPCOT-O.G.

One has to assume someone at Lucasfilm opened up Apple TV+ , saw Masters of the Air is number one and remembered they had this project.

That's a series I can criticise, but it was very good and had a level of thought and detail put into it that Disney is currently incapable of doing.

As they lack any ability at new ideas, I assume we'll get something riffing of Top Gun Maverick and another death star type boss level.
that, and Jenkins’s calendar opening up after WB going in a different direction with WW and that Cleopatra film stalling out

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The biggest…lb for lb…post covid success story? One could argue…

But it shows something that LFL is trying it…but they can’t find their way out of a cardboard box these days and I trust neither their management or the corporate.

They don’t want to be proven wrong by satisfying one of the worlds most loyal fanbases

I will NEVER understand this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom