Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

ppete1975

How long has it been since you were in the Magic Kingdom. Pirates, now includes several Johnny Depp animatronics. (from the movie)
Alien Encounter became Stich. (from the movie). They have done a movie for the Jungle Cruise, though it has not been released yet.
Add in Splash Mountain, The Swiss Family Robinson tree house, Aladdin's Flying Carpets, Little Mermaid, Buzz Lightyear's Ranger Spin,
Winnie the Pooh, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, even the Tea Cups are from Alice in Wonderland. Mention balance again. Nice try though.
thats why everyone is tired of Ip at this point. They are taking original ideas and shoe horning IP where it didnt exist originally. Take spaceship earth, it is edutainment that has no IP. IF they added donald duck people wouldnt be happy. Yet if you built a donald duck ride from scratch in general people would be happy.

Sharon&Susan

Okay, last try at this. I hate to break it to you, though the message is one that can be translated to society on a whole. They really were
animals in Zootopia. Why would a Zootopia area be so different than having Dinoland in the park? Yes, I do think it could fit.
Animal Kingdom is about humanity's connection to the Animal Kingdom. Dinoland is about people's connection to long extinct species trying to "bring them back to life" through scientific or unscientific means.

In the world of Zootopia, wildlife doesn't exist.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I honestly do not understand all of the ringing of hands and rending of clothes over this. The park is not only for conservationists or naturalists. It is also for kids. Why do you think Russell & Dugg from Up are in the park? The whole point of attractions is to attract
people. They could put Zootopia in Disney Studios just as easily. The fact is the characters are Animals and would just as easily fit in
Animal Kingdom.

Humanized animals. In a theme park about real animals. Plus those characters have zero connection to said theme parks because THEY ARE HUMANIZED. And the movie was a 40-minute TV police show stretched out to fill a feature length movie, and it was a terrible movie to boot.

You really don't have a grasp on what AK is about, so just drop the whole "Zootopia belongs in AK" crusade, I implore you. Shoving movie IP into a park where it doesn't belong is not your answer. This topic has been beaten to death, and the consensus amongst 99.98% of posters, not to mention insiders, is that it doesn't belong and isn't coming to AK. Or, continue and have 99.98% of posters ignore you as a result. Just a nickel's worth of free advice.

Brer Oswald

Because people are sick to death of IP being shoved in everywhere possible ? There used to be a balance.
Not to mention Disney is shoehorning flavour of the month IPs that haven't been relevant for half a decade, meanwhile Universal is adapting IPs that have been relevant for 2-3 decades. How many comparative flops will it take for Disney to realize they don't really understand what they are doing?

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

By this logic, Runaway Railway would have been a perfect fit for DAK. There’s a reason why Mickey’s in Explorer clothes in Animal Kingdom. He isn’t playing the part of the animals, but the part of us, on an adventure with nature.

“Every park at Disney World has humanized animals in it.” Which is exactly why Zootopia, a film about modern human society told with anthros, isn’t a perfect fit for the Park about Animals in Nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

OG Runner

Any Disney IP is a candidate for a Disney park, if Disney says it is. It was stated before the Zootopia IP will be used in Japan.
If Disney decides to put it in Animal Kingdom, it will be. Honestly, none of our opinions will matter, and we will probably still
all stand in line for whatever they put in the parks.

Brer Oswald

Any Disney IP is a candidate for a Disney park, if Disney says it is. It was stated before the Zootopia IP will be used in Japan.
If Disney decides to put it in Animal Kingdom, it will be. Honestly, none of our opinions will matter, and we will probably still
all stand in line for whatever they put in the park
You are right about the first point. They are free to make whatever decisions they want to.

But “we will probably still all stand in line for whatever they put in the park” is such a dumb stance to make. I’m not settling for mediocrity, and I don’t see any of the people complaining on here doing the same. There’s a reason I don’t wait in long lines for Frozen or the Toy Story rides.

I personally don’t believe a Zootopia land in Florida is a smart decision because I don’t see how it could further expand the audience that visits the Disney Parks. Zootopia did well, but so have most of the other Disney films. It makes more sense in China considering the major success it had over there in comparison to other Disney films.

Unless they have a phenomenal attraction that can only be done with the Zootopia theme and will put the competition to shame, it’s a waste of money and space. If Disney would like to learn that the hard way, they may do so. But I have a feeling that they are smarter than that, and this rumor is just merely a rumor.

OG Runner

You are right about the first point. They are free to make whatever decisions they want to.

But “we will probably still all stand in line for whatever they put in the park” is such a dumb stance to make. I’m not settling for mediocrity, and I don’t see any of the people complaining on here doing the same. There’s a reason I don’t wait in long lines for Frozen or the Toy Story rides.

I personally don’t believe a Zootopia land in Florida is a smart decision because I don’t see how it could further expand the audience that visits the Disney Parks. Zootopia did well, but so have most of the other Disney films. It makes more sense in China considering the major success it had over there in comparison to other Disney films.

Unless they have a phenomenal attraction that can only be done with the Zootopia theme and will put the competition to shame, it’s a waste of money and space. If Disney would like to learn that the hard way, they may do so. But I have a feeling that they are smarter than that, and this rumor is just merely a rumor.
You can always hope. By the way, have you ever ridden Flight of Passage? If so, when is the last time you ran into a member of the
Navi? Your individual opinion of mediocrity is your's alone. There are plenty of people still waiting in long lines to get on the rides
you downplayed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
From our rumor tracker...

all stand in line for whatever they put in the parks.
See above. If you want to play, at least know what the game is.

Brer Oswald

You can always hope. By the way, have you ever ridden Flight of Passage? If so, when is the last time you ran into a member of the
Navi? Your individual opinion of mediocrity is your's alone. There are plenty of people still waiting in long lines to get on the rides
you downplayed.
When did I list “Flight of Passage” as mediocre?

Brer Oswald

Wait... Flight of Passage? You mean that ride in a area that fits into AK's overall message about nature and conservation?
It also wasn’t a flavour of the month Disney IP.

As tired as the simulator ride is, Flight of Passage was a new attraction done right. New property that has the potential to interest people that haven’t visited WDW? Yep. Fits the theme of the park? Many would agree. Added capacity to a park lacking in it? Yes. High quality attraction that will keep people coming back? Definitely.

A Zootopia expansion has the potential to do the last two options, but immediately fails the first two. While there could be merit in adding it for the capacity alone, I personally think it would be wise to consider alternatives that nail all 4. Indians Jones has been tossed around. While I fail to see how it fits the theme of the park, it could pass the last two criteria, and also attract outside fans of the film franchise to the WDW resort.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

As tired as the simulator ride is, Flight of Passage was a new attraction done right. New property that has the potential to interest people that haven’t visited WDW? Yep. Fits the theme of the park? Many would agree. Added capacity to a park lacking in it? Yes. High quality attraction that will keep people coming back? Definitely.

A Zootopia expansion has the potential to do the last two options, but immediately fails the first two. While there could be merit in adding it for the capacity alone, I personally think it would be wise to consider alternatives that nail all 4. Indians Jones has been tossed around. While I fail to see how it fits the theme of the park, it could pass the last two criteria, and also attract outside fans of the film franchise to the WDW resort.

No, no. You have it all wrong. Zootopia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else ever created. It should have it's own theme park it's such a good IP!!!!

🤮 🤮 🤮

999th Happy Haunt

Just curious, when was the last flavor of the month IP Disney used in an attraction? Star Wars definitely isn’t. Toy Story isn’t. Mickey isn’t. Frozen isn’t. I’m fairly confident Marvel won’t be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom