Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

wdwgreek

Original Poster
The site which we can't link to has reported this rumor. It doesn't site any sources but
The basic summary is that a zootopia land may be built where Rafiki Planet Watch is right now.

I did not see a thread on it but wanted to gauge the accuracy or validity to the rumour. Is this somthing they are considering so close on the heels of the Pandora expansion at DAK?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The site which we can't link to has reported this rumor. It doesn't site any sources but
The basic summary is that a zootopia land may be built where Rafiki Planet Watch is right now.

I did not see a thread on it but wanted to gauge the accuracy or validity to the rumour. Is this somthing they are considering so close on the heels of the Pandora expansion at DAK?
His personal Twitter has posted the blog, with the caption "Extremely unlikely, but I want it." So, more clickbait as of now....

becca_

0 / 10. Do not want.
I agree, I really really cannot see how it would fit into AK without seeming kitschy and to me AK is the opposite of kitschy. If they were to put it anywhere I guess it would fit in HS best... but do we really need another IP based land on a newer movie when we don't even have a good/strong presence of IPs like Monsters Inc?

Bairstow

Would such a land be still only be reachable via the train ride?
If so, I could justify it going into Animal Kingdom, where otherwise a cartoony land full of cartoon characters would further ruin the near-total dedication of the park to immersion in "real" places.
Otherwise, this will somehow manage to be an even worse fit than Avatar.

Personally, I'd still like to see an Australian expansion on the pad behind Asia.

Magenta Panther

I thought that DAK was supposed to be dedicated to both real and fictional animals. On the fictional side, all we've gotten is dippy Pandora. :p How is Pandora more fitting for DAK than Zootopia? Why are talking blue kitty cat people more valid than talking foxes and rabbits? Because they make preachy noises about the environment? Feh, boring. I think a Zootopia attraction would be fitting for DAK and could be great if TDO doesn't cut too many corners (for a change).

But I'd still rather have a Pride Lands or Jungle Book attraction.

TWSITT

I just don't see Zootopia fitting into AK. Honestly, it makes more sense at Epcot than AK, however I would rather see it at HS. It is a movie about people and different cultures and how we see each other and treat each other in this world. Making the characters animals was just a genius way of bringing up stereotypes without offending anyone. The movie made over a billion dollars, it deserves some sort of presence at WDW.

Dizney Crew

I think Zootopia fits perfect at AK, especially if you rode the train into the city like in the movie. I have ZERO prob with more IP's being worked into the parks especially AK (our least visited park). If I'm paying Disney prices I expect to see Disney characters worked into the attractions. AK is nothing more than a beautifully themed Zoo IMO, which for some people that works for others who are expecting rides and Disney characters it doesn't move the needle very much. We have a 4 yr old and she is always bored out of her mind when we go to AK because of the lack of rides and characters. Its sad that she loves the River Journey so much only because its an actual ride she can get on. I know the Zootopia land is nothing more than a rumor, but I hope it has some legs even if it is 10yrs out from actually happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom