Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Magical Security.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

brb1006

Any Disney IP is a candidate for a Disney park, if Disney says it is. It was stated before the Zootopia IP will be used in Japan.
If Disney decides to put it in Animal Kingdom, it will be. Honestly, none of our opinions will matter, and we will probably still
all stand in line for whatever they put in the parks.
You mean Shanghai Disney Resort (China)

Po'Rich

Honestly, I have never understand the desire to put Zootopia into Animal Kingdom. To me, the connection is so superficial as to miss the point of the park: "Oh! there's a park about animals! Here's a movie with 'animals.'" Couldn't we make the same argument that Robin Hood should be in the park?

Currently, Up is represented in the park. This makes some sense from an exploration and adventure perspective. However, if you want another newer IP that fits more with the theme of Animal Kingdom, then I would recommend Wall-E. And please note that I am NOT suggesting that I want Wall-E in the park, yet, it fits better than Zootopia. It at least presents a theme of human environmental impact.

Dizmentia

I don't think anything will be built anytime soon at Animal Kingdom. That being said, it's not a giant leap of logic for the new animal themed zooland ride to end up in the park. We know Joe Rohde didn't want it, but things change, he's gone. It is a clone of an existing ride, and they can sell sloth plush. Zootopia won't be built until it is built.

Brer Panther

Interesting, while I do not necessarily agree with you that all of the rides you listed were mediocre, you do bring up an interesting point: how does WDW easily redo some of their current offerings down the road when many are in themed lands (Toy Story) or themed buildings (Little Mermaid) that in no way lend themselves to an easy redo?
Personally, I'd be fine with them bulldozing Little Mermaid and building something better in its place. But I think the chances of that are pretty slim.
Toy Story was a sizeable land expansion that added a kids coaster and a flat ride. DHS is the park to keep an eye on as it has the most potential for future expansion. However, using this land to add so little doesn’t seem like a well thought out idea for the future of the park. There was little more you could do with the Toy Story concert beyond Mania. The coaster is neat, but the land doesn’t excel in creating outstanding experiences, taking in and holding high capacity, and providing easy to purchase merchandise (seriously, where is the toy store???).
Is there room in Toy Story Land for a couple more flat rides? That should add some capacity at Disney's Hollywood Studios, if nothing else.

Sharon&Susan

Personally, I'd be fine with them bulldozing Little Mermaid and building something better in its place. But I think the chances of that are pretty slim.
I think it'll probably be gone at DCA within the next 15 years, replaced with the newest, hottest Pixar property. It'll probably stick around for much longer at the Magic Kingdom. IMO

Club Cooloholic

I wouldn't mind this area be themed more to children, sort of like the old Bugs Life area at California Adventure. My family loved that spot. Zootopia or whatever could be the theme, the fact you have to go out of your way to get there by train would be actually be smart because you would have less adults that are just riding these more kid themed rides just for the heck of it there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom