Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Disney Maddux

I ask the same thing, and Disney keep market it for them. The last little thing I've seen for the IP is a prequel comic about Judy Hopps early years and that's pretty much it.
I think the way the marketing went was to surprise everyone with how deep it would get with the message.

brb1006

I can see it taking over the cast parking behind Star Tours in DHS if it doesn't go to DAK. But my main question to your comment: Why the Ride & Go Seek tech..? I have no idea how they could do that with the Zootopia characters.
Have the ride take place after the events of the film. Have the ride vehicles themed after Judy's meter maid car from the film and having guests joined by Judy and Nick on a police chase around Zootopia and shining light on criminals.

Now I ain't the first user who thought of this idea. I will give credit to @Cmdr_Crimson since his idea goes into more detail.

Disney Maddux

Have the ride take place after the events of the film. Have the ride vehicles themed after police cars from the film and having guests joined by Judy and Nick on a police chase around Zootopia and shining light on criminals.

Now I ain't the first user who thought of this idea. I will give credit to @Cmdr_Crimson since his idea goes more indepth.

Hm, makes sense.

But just like all of the new lands Disney is coming out with, there would probably be 2 rides. I can imagine it being like Avatar, where you have the more family-friendly attraction (Na'Vi River Journey), then you have the more intense one (Flight of Passage).

Lemanic

I think the way the marketing went was to surprise everyone with how deep it would get with the message.

Yeah, but they didn't exactly follow that up properly. The marketing up to this day have been devoid of anything resembling "teen culture" like memes, remixes and such. They did ONE hilarious post-release thing and that was the Rotten Tomatoes ad. Then it stopped and the backlash came like a whiplash.

brb1006

I ask the same thing, and Disney keep market it for them. The last little thing I've seen for the IP is a prequel comic about Judy Hopps early years and that's pretty much it.
I remember when Zootopia was out in theaters. There were alot of people baffled that for a period between mid 2016 to late 2017 Judy and Nick were only meetable at DCA. Previously the two meet guests at a private event at AK dedicated to the film before it's release and took around two years for the two to finally have a public Meet and Greet at WDW. It took until Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party two years later where the two finally meet guests.

Move it Shake it doesn't count.

Disney Maddux

I remember when Zootopia was out in theaters. There were alot of people baffled that for a period between mid 2016 to late 2017 Judy and Nick were only meetable at DCA. Previously the two meet guests at a private event at AK dedicated to the film before it's release and took around two years for the two to finally have a public Meet and Greet at WDW. It took until Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party two years later where the two finally meet guests.

Move it Shake it doesn't count.
I 100% agree. I'm really mad that DCA gets a permanent meet-n-greet, yet we only get one once a year.

GlacierGlacier

Survey activity != Actual activity

There's been plenty of things that have shown up in surveys that never return. Similarly, plenty shows up without survey interference.

You can hold that holy survey above your head as long as you like, but until @marni1971 or another one of our trusted sources releases information, it's as good a rumor as Wakanda in Epcot and Monsters Inc in DHS. Though I'm pretty sure the Monsters Inc one actually had footing at one point, which is more than I can say for Zootopia.

Disney Maddux

Survey activity != Actual activity

There's been plenty of things that have shown up in surveys that never return. Similarly, plenty shows up without survey interference.

You can hold that holy survey above your head as long as you like, but until @marni1971 or another one of our trusted sources releases information, it's as good a rumor as Wakanda in Epcot and Monsters Inc in DHS. Though I'm pretty sure the Monsters Inc one actually had footing at one point, which is more than I can say for Zootopia.
Well for now, it's our only hope.

No Name

No, just no. I’m tired of people trying to equate Zootopia’s world to our world. A lot of people disliked the movie because they say the allegory that they artificially applied to the movie falls apart. Instead of coming to the conclusion that they themselves were wrong, they say the movie got it wrong. The movie’s world building does not in any way reflect real life and it isn’t supposed to. Byron Howard came up with the idea of Zootopia on his trip to Africa and saw that preadator and prey animals had to look past their differences at a watering hole in able for everybody to be able to get a drink.

He thought that was really interesting and thought it would be an neat subject to have a world were we could explore animal’s different biases. That’s not to say we can’t take it’s lessons and apply them to real life, we can, but it isn’t a one to one comparison like so many people make it out to be. Prey don’t equal white people, predators don’t equal black people. It is its own world and to compare it to ours doesn’t make any sense.

source: (don't worry, it starts at the correct part.)

I appreciate a post that actually argues something I've said, but I respectfully don't agree. Not serving foxes at an ice cream shop, holding up protest signs at a peace rally, etc. is exploring human biases moreso than animal biases. The animal research was to discover things about animals that could be used in driving the story, not in being a focus of the story itself, which the guy in the video actually explains.

To the people that say Zootopia doesn't fit in DAK, and don't act nicely to us who want to see it happen, then just don't say anything.

1. Can we not have our own opinion? In our opinion, Zootopia is a masterpiece and deserves more recognition at the parks.
2. From your point of view it doesn't fit, and from our point of view, it does.

In conclusion: Don't treat us rudely because we want to see a movie we love come to the parks. You can have your opinion, and we can have ours.

Until you can provide any reasoning as to how it fits, your "opinion" or "point of view" is basically nonexistent. If I wanted to see Chuck E Cheese have a large role in a Zootopia sequel, would you endorse that? Do you think that would make the movie stronger or more popular? In my opinion, Chuck E is a classic arcade character and deserves more recognition in film! Doesn't mean Zootopia 2 is the right film...

My opinion is that I love the movie (favorite of all time) and would love some representation at WDW in any way, shape, or form. Doesn’t get much more complicated than that really.

I think Zootopia is a stellar movie, and I would guess that most people here feel the same way. But I happen to enjoy good storytelling first and foremost. Theme parks are a form of storytelling as are movies, books, music, videogames, etc. You would prefer to see good storytelling in one medium (theme parks) sacrificed to feed your rabid obsession with a particular franchise (Zootopia) and medium (film). I wish I could help you.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

To the people that say Zootopia doesn't fit in DAK, and don't act nicely to us who want to see it happen, then just don't say anything.

1. Can we not have our own opinion? In our opinion, Zootopia is a masterpiece and deserves more recognition at the parks.

In conclusion: Don't treat us rudely because we want to see a movie we love come to the parks. You can have your opinion, and we can have ours.
How about you present a story treatment for Zootopia that fits the park, because there isn't an obvious one. The presence of animals itself does not validate it.

The "Wouldn't it be cool if..." mentality isn't the way to build the parks, but it has often been what permeates these boards. Take Pandora for example. There were discussions about the fit for the AVATAR land and Disney's story treatment hit upon what myself and several others said could work as a valid treatment.

These are the things you should be attempting to fall in line with:
  • The intrinsic and superior value of nature - this means that nature, above all else is at the forefront of the design. This leads to parts of the park being out of their true control (live animals, overgrown pathways, etc.).
  • Transformation through adventure - this idea is that adventure changes people when they experience something they've never experienced before.
  • Personal call to action - a sense of responsibility for the animals and the conservation message.

RSoxNo1

Has a single insider said anything about Zootopia coming to the parks in a big way? Doesn't look like it.....imho, despite me thoroughly enjoying the film, I don't think the property is as exciting as others when it comes to theme park attraction options.
I have a Zootopia to Animal Kingdom rumor tracker and the only source has been Jim Hill. I like Jim, but I have yet to see a single other individual with this information. For the record, Frozen Ever After started the exact same way.

Yert3

I appreciate a post that actually argues something I've said, but I respectfully don't agree. Not serving foxes at an ice cream shop, holding up protest signs at a peace rally, etc. is exploring human biases moreso than animal biases. The animal research was to discover things about animals that could be used in driving the story, not in being a focus of the story itself, which the guy in the video actually explains.
True that those things happen in real life, but think about the “why.” “Why” was Nick refused service at the shop? Because foxes in this world have a reputation for being sneaky and untrustworthy. “Why” were there peace protests? Because the Prey were unfairly judging the predators when they had no evidence that the prey couldn’t go savage as well.

Those problems are unique to this world. We have people refused at shops in real life, but for biases based in human society. See? That’s the world building I’m talking about and what I meant when I said “we can apply it’s lessons to real life.” The same things happen, but the reasons why they happen are different. I’ll give some examples so hopefully you can understand my argument.

Nick assumes Judy loves carrots just because she’s a rabbit

Judy had her bias of foxes because of her upbringing.

Yax assumes Nangi could remember everything just because she’s an elephant.

Nicks comment: “What is it with wolves and the howling?”

Last edited:

Po'Rich

I appreciate your love for Zootopia, and I agree that people should be considerate when addressing difference of opinion. I can also understand your desire to have your favorite movie depicted in some way at WDW.

I love DAK. It is easily my favorite park. The reason why I love DAK is that the theming is so pervasive. All of the lands and attractions reflect the theme of conservation (even Pandora fits this theme). Regardless of whether or not Zootopia is an adult movie or a child's movie or whether or not it reflects human social issues, I think we can all agree that the theme of the movie is NOT about conservation. That said, why would it fit into DAK? The only reason is that the characters are animals. Including Zootopia into Animal Kingdom detracts from the theme and opens the door to the possibility that any animal IP could be included.

So, the reaction you are experiencing to your suggestion that Zootopia should fit in DAK comes from the idea that achieving your desires results in an irrevocable diminishing of the overall theme of the park.

In short, we don't want DAK to go the way of DHS, which has become a park without a cohesive theme.

Po'Rich

True that those things happen in real life, but think about the “why.” “Why” was Nick refused service at the shop? Because foxes in this world have a reputation for being sneaky and untrustworthy. “Why” were there peace protests? Because the Prey were unfairly judging the predators when they had no evidence that the prey couldn’t go savage as well.

Those problems are unique to this world. We have people refused at shops in real life, but for biases based in human society. See? That’s the world building I’m talking about and what I meant when I said “we can apply it’s lessons to real life.” The same things happen, but the reasons why they happen are different. I’ll give some examples so hopefully you can understand my argument.

Nick assumes Judy loves carrots just because she’s a rabbit

Judy had her bias of foxes because of her upbringing.

Yax assumes Nangi could remember everything just because she’s an elephant.

Nicks comment: “What is it with wolves and the howling?”
The movie is about prejudice, which is not unique to the animal world. To argue (as you do) that the source of the prejudice is of key importance in the movie actually cheapens the movie. When done well, fiction creates a safe place through which we can explore some rather touchy and heated human issues. It does so through analogy.

peter11435

I love Zootopia and would enjoy seeing it in a park it belongs in.

Correcting someone when they are wrong is not in itself being rude.

Disney Maddux

I appreciate your love for Zootopia, and I agree that people should be considerate when addressing difference of opinion. I can also understand your desire to have your favorite movie depicted in some way at WDW.

I love DAK. It is easily my favorite park. The reason why I love DAK is that the theming is so pervasive. All of the lands and attractions reflect the theme of conservation (even Pandora fits this theme). Regardless of whether or not Zootopia is an adult movie or a child's movie or whether or not it reflects human social issues, I think we can all agree that the theme of the movie is NOT about conservation. That said, why would it fit into DAK? The only reason is that the characters are animals. Including Zootopia into Animal Kingdom detracts from the theme and opens the door to the possibility that any animal IP could be included.

So, the reaction you are experiencing to your suggestion that Zootopia should fit in DAK comes from the idea that achieving your desires results in an irrevocable diminishing of the overall theme of the park.

In short, we don't want DAK to go the way of DHS, which has become a park without a cohesive theme.
1. Thanks for understanding, I love this movie and would just like for it to get more representation in the parks other than a spot in a parade.

2. How has DHS lost a cohesive theme? The new theme is entering into the movies and becoming part of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom