Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Disney Maddux

To the people that say Zootopia doesn't fit in DAK, and don't act nicely to us who want to see it happen, then just don't say anything.

1. Can we not have our own opinion? In our opinion, Zootopia is a masterpiece and deserves more recognition at the parks.
2. From your point of view it doesn't fit, and from our point of view, it does.

In conclusion: Don't treat us rudely because we want to see a movie we love come to the parks. You can have your opinion, and we can have ours.

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

If Zootopia was such a strong property, don't you think they would have done something with it at WDW by now? It's not, which is why they haven't, outside of the requisite M&G Disney gives to nearly all animated movies. Discussion of adding Zootopia to DAK is DOA.
It should at least get a meet-n-greet though.

Biff215

To the people that say Zootopia doesn't fit in DAK, and don't act nicely to us who want to see it happen, get out.

1. Can we not have our own opinion? In our opinion, Zootopia is a masterpiece and deserves more recognition at the parks.
2. From your point of view it doesn't fit, and from our point of view, it does.

In conclusion: Don't treat us rudely because we want to see a movie we love come to the parks. You can have your opinion, and we can have ours.
I'm not sure starting the post with "get out" was the best way to go. You yourself acknowledged in this thread that Zootopia does not fit in at AK. Now you think it does? I'm interested to hear your opinion, other than simply loving the movie.

Disney Maddux

I'm not sure starting the post with "get out" was the best way to go. You yourself acknowledged in this thread that Zootopia does not fit in at AK. Now you think it does? I'm interested to hear your opinion, other than simply loving the movie.
1. I'll edit out the "get out" part.
2. Okay, I might've been trolling for a little bet. I do think it fits in DAK.

Yert3

If Zootopia was such a strong property, don't you think they would have done something with it at WDW by now? It's not, which is why they haven't, outside of the requisite M&G Disney gives to nearly all animated movies. Discussion of adding Zootopia to DAK is DOA.
How is it not strong? It’s WDAS 2nd highest grossing film in history internationally and domestically next to Frozen. The numbers don’t lie.

Disney Maddux

Again, putting the obsession with the movie aside, how does it fit in AK?
No, just no. I’m tired of people trying to equate Zootopia’s world to our world. A lot of people disliked the movie because they say the allegory that they artificially applied to the movie falls apart. Instead of coming to the conclusion that they themselves were wrong, they say the movie got it wrong. The movie’s world building does not in any way reflect real life and it isn’t supposed to. Byron Howard came up with the idea of Zootopia on his trip to Africa and saw that preadator and prey animals had to look past their differences at a watering hole in able for everybody to be able to get a drink.

He thought that was really interesting and thought it would be an neat subject to have a world were we could explore animal’s different biases. That’s not to say we can’t take it’s lessons and apply them to real life, we can, but it isn’t a one to one comparison like so many people make it out to be. Prey don’t equal white people, predators don’t equal black people. It is its own world and to compare it to ours doesn’t make any sense.

source: (don't worry, it starts at the correct part.)

Disney Maddux

Both took over former attractions due to box office success and some loose theming connections. You're suggesting Zootopia have an entire land or park of its own. Again, just interested in your justification of such an idea.
I was kidding about it becoming its own park, and I say a land because it has enough potential to be its own land.

Yert3

Again, you offer no opinion on how it might fit at AK. I'll let you two obsess over this, I personally don't see it ever happening.
My opinion is that I love the movie (favorite of all time) and would love some representation at WDW in any way, shape, or form. Doesn’t get much more complicated than that really.

Biff215

My opinion is that I love the movie (favorite of all time) and would love some representation at WDW in any way, shape, or form. Doesn’t get much more complicated than that really.
Same here.
I think that's pretty clear, but this is a thread discussing "Zootopia in AK". Not "Zootopia Anonymous".

I'm pretty sure this all answers why Disney has been hesitant to use this property a whole lot in the parks.

Yert3

I think that's pretty clear, but this is a thread discussing "Zootopia in AK". Not "Zootopia Anonymous".

I'm pretty sure this all answers why Disney has been hesitant to use this property a whole lot in the parks.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why would people being fans of a movie make them hesitant to use the IP?

Disney Maddux

Well based on the new surveys going around DAK that ask guests if they'd like to see Zootopia come to the park, that might soon be changing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom