News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I mean the Play! pavillion, Main Street Theatre & Mary Poppins expansion all suffered this fate
Original New Fantasyland build, Hyperion Wharf...

I remember asking Jim Hill on a podcast back in the day, "who has a better track record, you or Jay Rasulo?" For all the crap we give insiders and alleged insiders, Disney's record with announcements is just as bad.

Of course. And the company should realize that is a problem. Don’t announce things you don’t build. Put the failed ideas in a coffee table book 15 years later so no one is upset. They are damaging their own reputation. Meanwhile, Universal builds a new theme park and has only confirmed one land.
Alicia Stella has given infinitely more information on Epic Universe than the company has. It's impressive.

WaltsTreasureChest

Absolutely mind blowing. As well as tarzan. Think gorilla s belong in Animal Kingdom and it has a killer soundtrack. Think a very slow moving water ride tied to Bambi would be popular amongst the very little ones. Absolutely like Moana but she has her (missed kind of ride) shot in Epcot.
Oh so you want a Tarzan ride with Phil Collins music blasting through the area??

Kev1982

Oh so you want a Tarzan ride with Phil Collins music blasting through the area??
Would love it. A coaster through the jungle . Sabor animatronic somewhere. Some gorilla story telling scenes. Waiting queue through a Trashin’ the camp scene. Throw in “Tarzan-la rencontre” that used to play in DLP and it would be a great expansion. Is that such a bad idea?

J4546

I hanging jungle coaster that made you feel as if you were swinging from tree to tree would be cool. and phil collins soundtrack only makes it cooler. But I doubt that will ever happen

Tha Realest

1) Dinosaur -> Indy isn't a net gain attraction wise, but certainly will be an upgraded experience and balance out crowds.

2) ITTBAB -> Zootopia with updated effects 4D show, same thing but I would argue even bigger upgraded experience and will get more crowds than the former.

3) Encanto attraction taking over for Primeval Whirl, same arguement but extreme upgrade. As a whole, the area will intrinsically be better and more even as a theme park. It will feel like a net gain attraction wise because the former had been closed for so long lol. Most certainly a meet n greet of sorts, of which a seemingly popular one?

I believe these are 3 great projects for AK to be an upgraded park, but it also is kind of stunning that they will essentially have the same attraction count haha! Good for the entire park to be much more 'even' though.
Your post hits on an important issue: while these are upgrades to what’s there, it …doesn’t give those who are in the park anything more to occupy their time after 1 or 2 pm. Even if this promised outlay is delivered, it is still a very underutilized park. There needs to be more to do, not just 1:1 replacements.

Though it’s clear the leadership doesn’t want to expand either capacity or footprint, so this is what we’re left with.

JD80

Your post hits on an important issue: while these are upgrades to what’s there, it …doesn’t give those who are in the park anything more to occupy their time after 1 or 2 pm. Even if this promised outlay is delivered, it is still a very underutilized park. There needs to be more to do, not just 1:1 replacements.

Though it’s clear the leadership doesn’t want to expand either capacity or footprint, so this is what we’re left with.

I think leadership does want to expand capacity now. But that's just me guessing because they have to prove it.

Right now Dinoland is under-utilized. Whirl is gone, so a replacement is added capacity. Dinosaur is very unpopular, so replacing it with something people want to do, increase draw and demand.

lazyboy97o

I think leadership does want to expand capacity now. But that's just me guessing because they have to prove it.

Right now Dinoland is under-utilized. Whirl is gone, so a replacement is added capacity. Dinosaur is very unpopular, so replacing it with something people want to do, increase draw and demand.
If you start inducing demand then you don’t actually address the capacity issue.

No Name

Well if you replace an attractions that can't maintain maximum capacity with one that can, you're increasing real capacity.
There’s not a single ride in DAK that’s not maintaining maximum capacity. Primeval Whirl was too before they just got rid of it without replacement.

Kev1982

Encanto tea cup ride with “we dont talk about bruno” playing on the speakers. Triceratop spin rethemed to fly them multi color spirit things from coco and indi found a time machine and has to bring back a dino! That is what will probabely happen. But there s 6 new cup cake stalls!!!!
On to the next project. What can we do to the safari? 🤔

999th Happy Haunt

Encanto tea cup ride with “we dont talk about bruno” playing on the speakers. Triceratop spin rethemed to fly them multi color spirit things from coco and indi found a time machine and has to bring back a dino! That is what will probabely happen. But there s 6 new cup cake stalls!!!!
On to the next project. What can we do to the safari? 🤔
Why the safari?

aladdin2007

Why the safari?
its been watered down way too much..,,they took away all the little things that kind of made it fun like the falling bridge, the pieces of African music that use to play which was always nice, . Its just hurry you through and be done. And aside from a few main animals there really isn't a whole lot to see anymore, they didn't even have the crocodiles but one. I was like this feels like a shell of its former self,,,it needs something. Maybe it was just an off day last week with a driver who wanted to finish his shift, but its not at all like it use to be.

Mike S

its been watered down way too much..,,they took away all the little things that kind of made it fun like the falling bridge, the pieces of African music that use to play which was always nice, . Its just hurry you through and be done. And aside from a few main animals there really isn't a whole lot to see anymore, they didn't even have the crocodiles but one. I was like this feels like a shell of its former self,,,it needs something. Maybe it was just an off day last week with a driver who wanted to finish his shift, but its not at all like it use to be.
See you in 20 years when it’s deteriorated even further to the point where people are then using that as a defense of Disney’s decision to get rid of it for another franchise land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom