News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

I don’t know what Encanto attraction they’ve slotted in for DAK, but WDI has certainly been working on an Encanto e-ticket that I’m aware of. Doesn’t mean this can’t be reduced to teacups in a magical house, though. Let’s hope not.

I did hear a suggestion that the Coco flat could actually be a new flat ride, not just Dumbo again.

UNCgolf

its been watered down way too much..,,they took away all the little things that kind of made it fun like the falling bridge, the pieces of African music that use to play which was always nice, . Its just hurry you through and be done. And aside from a few main animals there really isn't a whole lot to see anymore, they didn't even have the crocodiles but one. I was like this feels like a shell of its former self,,,it needs something. Maybe it was just an off day last week with a driver who wanted to finish his shift, but its not at all like it use to be.

I think you may have just been unlucky -- last time I was there our ride was roughly 20 minutes long. Admittedly that was over 3 years ago, though.

doctornick

I don’t know what Encanto attraction they’ve slotted in for DAK, but WDI has certainly been working on an Encanto e-ticket that I’m aware of. Doesn’t mean this can’t be reduced to teacups in a magical house, though. Let’s hope not.

I did hear a suggestion that the Coco flat could actually be a new flat ride, not just Dumbo again.
Why not the new Coco ride and the Dumbo style ride then? Not that TS is anything special but just retheme it and keep that capacity.

WaltsTreasureChest

I think you may have just been unlucky -- last time I was there our ride was roughly 20 minutes long. Admittedly that was over 3 years ago, though.
Yeah same, Ive enjoyed the ride recently like Ive always had.
Everything feels pretty much the same to me, even if it’s missing the narration/wonky bridge 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

ToTBellHop

I’m sure that’s not true. I would image it is more a lack of willingness to pay for CMs to run.
Where would it fit?

AFAIK, the new flat ride replaces the Dig Site and Encanto takes over ALL of Dino-Rama. The courtyard with magical water is where TriceraTop Spin is and the ride takes over all of Primeval Whirl and a bit more.

Lets hope they don’t just move TriceraTop Spin and retheme it…

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Where would it fit?

AFAIK, the new flat ride replaces the Dig Site and Encanto takes over ALL of Dino-Rama. The courtyard with magical water is where TriceraTop Spin is and the ride takes over all of Primeval Whirl and a bit more.

Dueling Magic Carpets of Aladin? TRIPPLE Dumbo?

doctornick

Where would it fit?

There’s backstage land that could be used and, honestly, a flat ride doesn’t take up much space. If they are (sadly) taking away the Boneyard - and I think that’s a big mistake - they could easily put two flat rides in that footprint.

No Name

Where would it fit?

I actually thought you were joking the first time you said it. There’s plenty of room, especially to the sides of Restaurantosaurus and in front of Dinosaur. I imagine the reason they won’t do it is the same reason they closed Primeval Whirl without any replacement four years ago.

ToTBellHop

I actually thought you were joking the first time you said it. There’s plenty of room, especially to the sides of Restaurantosaurus and in front of Dinosaur. I imagine the reason they won’t do it is the same reason they closed Primeval Whirl without any replacement four years ago.
DAK isn’t Disneyland. They won’t be packing a flat ride into the Dino courtyard. They could build teacups on top of Dino, too, but that won’t happen either.

Brer Oswald

An E ticket? For Encanto? The movie that is almost entirely focused on character dynamics rather than visual set pieces?

They’d have to get pretty creative for that one (which would be a good thing).

James Alucobond

An E ticket? For Encanto? The movie that is almost entirely focused on character dynamics rather than visual set pieces?

They’d have to get pretty creative for that one (which would be a good thing).
Uh, each character has a room of practically limitless size shaped by their powers, three of which are directly depicted in the source film. On top of that, Casita itself is a living house with its own personality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom