Your Disney Misconceptions?

The Mighty Tim

I remember being very young going on the old Mission to Mars ride. I don't remember much of the ride itself, but I do remember a blastoff scene and then I asked my dad if we were really going to Mars, and he said yes, and then I got really freaked out because at that time, I didn't want to go to Mars!

Nero the dog

It always amazes me when talking to people that have never been to WDW. They have no comprehension of the size of the place.
The opposite thing happened when Harry Potter launched in Universal, the way it was reported it gave the impression that it was a whole theme park, not just one corner of one park.

lazyboy97o

I remember being very young going on the old Mission to Mars ride. I don't remember much of the ride itself, but I do remember a blastoff scene and then I asked my dad if we were really going to Mars, and he said yes, and then I got really freaked out because at that time, I didn't want to go to Mars!
I had a similar concern with the Submarine Voyage at Disneyland. I did not like going down so deep! What if the submarine broke down?!

LucyK

Before my first visit I thought the 4 park were a LOT closer together than they actually are and that you could walk from on to the other.

jw24

Before my HS class trip back in '09, I never thought there were actual hotels in the resort and there was resort transportation to and from the parks! Then again, that probably held true because I can't recall ever staying onsite with my family and well, we only went there twice before my HS class trip and both times, I believe, were offsite.

Goofyernmost

its real human leg hair on it

Course it is. Almost all of the AA's have human hair. Question...can someone tell me what is wrong with that. It's hair not an internal organ or a "real" human leg attached to an AA. How else is it supposed to look authentic like everyone one demands.

ninjaprincesst

When I was younger I remember being terrified to ride Space Mountain because I thought it was full of ghosts that would pop out at you. I think I was confusing it with the Haunted Mansion.

I was also scared to ride the Tower of Terror because I thought you stood during the ride.

I thought I saw the castle too, my Mom says Im thinking of excalibur in Las Vega.lol

Sped2424

Hi all :wave:

Do you guys have or used to have misconceptions or weird ideas about Disney? Something you've believed for so long but not really true? You could have sworn an attraction was in a different location then where it really is?

When I was a kid, the 'D' in the classic Disney logo (http://www.artemisfilms.co.uk/Disney_logo2.jpg) always looked like a backwards cursive 'G' to me and I still see it as that to this day!
I also always think the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is closer to the rest of Fantasyland than it really is.

What's yours?
I always saw a g lol It messed me up in pronouncing this as a kid!

Sped2424

When I was little my brother told me that the animals in splash mountain were evil and would take passengers and shut them away in the barn area of the que. Needless to say I believed him, also I thought the haunted mansion was actually haunted and that it was an abandoned area that Disney had left before they built the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
When I was a kid I always thought the way "Disney" was famously written that the "y" was a "p". I asked my mom this, and she said, "no, it's a "y". For a few years I wondered why it was Disney sounded like "Disnep"...
disney-logo.jpg

Yep...it's a "Y"...but I can see why you thought it might be a "p"

That's why they should still teach CURSIVE writing!

Since1976

The first time I saw it, I would have sworn that the hanging body above the stretching room at HM was an animatronic sitting on a swing, looking down and cackling at the guests. I guess it was the screaming sound effect combined with the lightning flash which left a lot to my active imagination. In my mind's eye I saw/see a creature similar to the airliner gremlin in TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE.

StarWarsGirl

Since I grew up going to the parks twice a year, I knew where everything would be, but some of the rides I tried (such as Space Mountain) I sort of envisioned differently. Don't remember exactly how.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom