Your Disney Misconceptions?

Goofyernmost

MCO? No. It's east of WDW in Orlando city.
But Orlando-Sanford is in Sanford, which is north of Orlando
In fact, as the crow flies, it isn't too far off being due west of the Magic Kingdom (as you said). More accurately just a little northeast of MK. MCO is, however, still 15 to 20 miles away but to the east not north.

Britt

For some reason, I always thought Jungle Cruise was at AK! It totally threw me off that it was at the MK and I kept asking Josh if they moved it :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

In fact, as the crow flies, it isn't too far off being due east of the Magic Kingdom (as you said). More accurately just a little northeast of MK. MCO is, however, still 15 to 20 miles away but to the east not north.
Does anyone know why I quoted myself here. I don't have a clue, I was hoping some of you did. I mean I feel that I'm right and all, but it seems kind of presumptuous of me to be so sure that I post it again. I guess I've done worse.

Last edited:

mattdenine

I have to say my biggest misconception is also how big the park is. People tell you the park is big but until you actually experience the park yourself you have no idea how big it actually is.

NeedMoreMickey

My first trip was my honeymoon in 1983 and my then husband (now ex-husband) thought he knew everything because he went to WDW when he was younger. He was so surprised the birds in the Tiki Room were not real. He also thought 20,000 Leagues went down really far under water even after riding the Skyway ride and seeing it from above. Spent the week wonder what did I get myself into.

aeillill

I have never had trouble navigating my way around any of the other parks, but for some reason I always get lost in DHS!!!

I have the same problem with HS, for some reason there's certain areas of that park that I just get totally lost in. It's the only park I have to pull out a map for.

Princess_AmyK

on my first trip to wdw, i was roughly 6. I remember seeing the tower of terror sign by the road that goes up and down, and thinking it was the ride. obviously, the next time i went, i had used a little common sense to figure out that it wasnt and that the ride was in the studios. i wasnt the brightest 6 year old i suppose!

dadddio

disney-logo.jpg

Yep...it's a "Y"...but I can see why you thought it might be a "p"

That's why they should still teach CURSIVE writing!
Two thoughts:

1) They probably did teach cursive way back when Disney developed that particular signatrue.

2) A reader's knowledge of cursive probably wouldn't really help since that signature is printed, not written in cursive.

KCheatle

The last time I went to Disney as a kid/adolescent was the year of the Castle-Cake. The only good thing about the festivities was that Toontown had cupcakes for sale as snacks. When we went back with my daughter in 2008, one of the first things I did was go back to Toontown and look for the cupcake cart - sadly, it was no more :arghh:

The problem is that I totally messed up my expectations for cupcakes now in WDW. I will forever remember those cupcakes as totally amazing and now no cupcake at WDW is good enough...

Oh - and I also always though the D was a G.

WDWVolFan

II used to think that staying inside the Disney property wasn't worth it.
After we stayed last year and got the Meal Plan, it made it so worth it!

I also used to think that Space Mountain was a comfortable coaster, but last year I was sore...it bangs too much.

Last one that I can think of: I used to think that the Crystal Palace was an expensive fancy restaurant.

Since1976

Last one that I can think of: I used to think that the Crystal Palace was an expensive fancy restaurant.

When I was a kid, my parents scoffed at the idea of paying for table service at Disney, and Crystal Palace stuck out as one of those places that was probably really highbrow and fancy. Not until I had kids of my own did I get to go there and discover that it was a fairly standard buffet in a pleasant setting.

On a sidenote: I think I have been subconsciously making up for my childhood table-service deprivation by planning at least one "fancy" meal at Disney every day we're at the parks ;)

rob0519

They're STILL geared towards quality overall. Don't be so overly-cynical! :mad:

No, now, more so than in the past, they are geared towards profit and share price. The "quality of the overall experience", while still higher than most amusement parks, is nowhere near what it was even a decade ago. I'm not being cynical, just expressing my obervations.

Since1976

When I was about 11, after years of chickening out, I finally rode SPACE MOUNTAIN with my parents. I guess the lights came on just as we entered the first lift, because we saw the track the entire ride. I was a little confused and surprised at the time, but I didn't make much of it because I was so proud of myself for having conquered the coaster. I didn't get to ride SPACE MOUNTAIN again until I was 26, and it was only then that I realized that my first experience had been a fluke, and the whole thing was supposed to be in the dark!

cynic710

i was deathly afraid of catastrophe canyon, to the point i actually jumped from my car that i rode in. i was sure that the fire sequence was not supposed to happen :eek:
ahh, the mind of a seven year old.

aeillill

Isn't it "Off to work we go" in the beginning, as they go to work, and "Home from work we go" at the end of the song, as they come home?

They start off the song in the mine already so they never sing it on the way to work that we hear, only on the way back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom