Your Disney Misconceptions?

erstwo

After my trip in 1995 (when I was 16), for the next 12 years I held tight to the misconception that Disney was for dorky, pack carrying, bermuda lenghth jorts wearing people. Hee.:D

I've seen the error of my ways.

Disneyfan1981

The biggest misconception I had was TV's fault. Thanks to numerous sitcoms I thought that the majority of Disney was just one huge park. They always showed Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM as if it were just sections of the same park. I even remember one Roseanne where Dan ran from Main Street to Epcot. :lol:

It wasn't until I arrived there for the first time that I realized TV had mislead me...our relationship has yet to fully recover.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think you're getting Roseanne confused with Rosie O'Donnell. Roseanne is annoying, but not ill-tempered. Rosie O'Donnell, on the other hand, LIVES for being angry about things.

I remember when Rosie was funny....I hate it when comedians get all serious.

I still cannot take Senator Al Franken seriously. :shrug:

Ziffell

I remember when Rosie was funny....I hate it when comedians get all serious.

I still cannot take Senator Al Franken seriously. :shrug:

There needs to be a chapter in acting school called, "Just because you play funny characters on tv doesn't mean people are going to care about your politics". That's what I loved about that movie Team America. They totally made fun of that. :lol:

Mammymouse

My misconception of Disney was that, because I had never been there before I thought you would just drive your car into a big parking lot right off the highway, park your car and then just do a short walk right up to the gate and it would all be visible right there in front of you. My only reference point was that of going to carnivals or such. But to my grand surprise on my first visit to Disneyworld in 1985 the Magic Kingdom was/is in its own "land" far removed from the parking lot. That location separation and the monorail ride just transformed my mind into a different world - that of Disney - something I had dreamed of since I was 9 years old (I am now 61). My grandparents had taken a cross country trip from RI in 1957 and visited Disneyland and they brought back slides of it. Year after year we would look at these slides and I would think - gee someday if I ever get rich I want to go to Disneyland. Well when Disneyworld ever openned I new I had the chance to fullfill my dream.

bjlc57

well the truth is that Maelstrom DID COME OUT MUCH FURTHER.. and the scary thing that you looked at was ON THE CEILING and not on the floor..

and any one who says it did not is FULL OF IT..

blm07

I remember being in the TTC parking lot and seeing those wacky roofs at the Polynesian, thinking that it was the Imagination pavilion. :lookaroun

SoupBone

well the truth is that Maelstrom DID COME OUT MUCH FURTHER.. and the scary thing that you looked at was ON THE CEILING and not on the floor..

and any one who says it did not is FULL OF IT..

Please explain...I can't follow what you are trying to say. Are you saying that the Maelstrom was built going off the ledge further than what it currently does? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom