Young Topless Girl in Impressions de France Film?

Timekeeper

Original Poster
I have seen the Impressions de France film at Epcot many times. Only recently did I notice that in a particular shot in the film, approximately 2/3 of the way in that displays people sunbathing on a deck in swimsuits (the focus seems to be on the women), at the center of the frame, there appears to be a very young girl who is not wearing clothing. Are my eyes just missing some skin-colored apparel, or is this child actually nude? :confused:

That just doesn't seem like the type of thing that would "sneak" its way into a Disney attraction... I can't seem to find a good video of it online to refer back to.

Tk

maggiegrace1

Well they are in a part of France where that is the norm..and the child looks to be between 4-6 years old.

I have seen the film so many times and see something new each time..GREAT FILM by the way..:)

It is not a Disney film really, it is about France and that is part of the culture..(I may be using the wrong word here) so it really is nothing to be of any concern.

dazzer68

thats right we are...even when its minus 2 we are all sitting around nothing on, completly nude, unless we have just clubbed a dinosaur to death, where we sit around this hot red glowing thing, wrapped in dinosaur skins, that our woman has shaped into some cloth!
from what ive seen on the internet(!) americans are more naked than us and a lot of them really shouldnt be!
dont worry i took it as ajoke!
yes we are more liberal minded but the english less than main land europe.

calypso

Maybe it's a shot from one of the many naturist/nude beaches in France, which are very common there. Of course for US standards this is unacceptable but over in France nobody looks up to it.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Maybe it's a shot from one of the many naturist/nude beaches in France, which are very common there. Of course for US standards this is unacceptable but over in France nobody looks up to it.

Agreed, we are way too uptight here. :lol:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender

If this is actually the case, it was also over 25 years ago when this film was shot. Things have gotten WAY PC here since then. If it's taken 25 years for someone to notice this, I think it's okay (and pretty hard to distinguish). :wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think the OP has a point. If we let this slide the next thing you know there won't be any pants on Figment, or something crazy like that.....:lookaroun

MKCP 1985

hmm . . . I guess this is one way to drum up a little interest for the film. :lol:

but I'm probably still going to skip it on the next trip. . . (not to say it isn't a good film, but travel films are just not what I'm looking to spend time on when I rarely make it to EPCOT) :shrug:

Timekeeper

Original Poster
I don't think that it was anything even close to a "nude beach," but merely a child at an age at which some parents don't care if they are nude in public. I brought it up because there are parents on both ends of that spectrum - those who don't care, and those who would cringe. The "that's their culture" argument is not particularly strong, because there are plenty of world/regional cultures out there that Disney would never be caught publishing. It doesn't matter who/when/where the film was shot, the point is that it's currently being shown as a Disney attraction. The proverbial line needs to be drawn somewhere.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, but I also think that, if the film was being made today, producers would not have included the child in the shot. As part of a Disney attraction, we are all inclined to think that it's perfectly ok. But if enough similar imagery was found on a man's laptop, we would probably see his face plastered all over the 6 o'clock news. :brick:

I love the film, and I would love to see an update, made in the spirit of the original.

Tk

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The "that's their culture" argument is not particularly strong,
Tk

Ehhh???/? in an attraction designed to show the flavour and culture of that particular country, I would have thought that was the perfect place to have such a thing.

Mmmm lets reflect, the right to get your baps out on the beach or the right to arm bears, I know which Id go for.

maggiegrace1

hmm . . . I guess this is one way to drum up a little interest for the film. :lol:

but I'm probably still going to skip it on the next trip. . . (not to say it isn't a good film, but travel films are just not what I'm looking to spend time on when I rarely make it to EPCOT) :shrug:
:eek:I have to see it at least 2 or 3 times while I am there..I LOVE IT!
I don't think that it was anything even close to a "nude beach," but merely a child at an age at which some parents don't care if they are nude in public. I brought it up because there are parents on both ends of that spectrum - those who don't care, and those who would cringe. Well I think that if people have complained about it or were so bothered by it we would have heard about it or they would have removed it..I do not think that many people are bothered by it at all. The "that's their culture" argument is not particularly strong, because there are plenty of world/regional cultures out there that Disney would never be caught publishing. It doesn't matter who/when/where the film was shot, the point is that it's currently being shown as a Disney attraction. The proverbial line needs to be drawn somewhere.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, but I also think that, if the film was being made today, producers would not have included the child in the shot. As part of a Disney attraction, we are all inclined to think that it's perfectly ok. But if enough similar imagery was found on a man's laptop, we would probably see his face plastered all over the 6 o'clock news. :brick:
Well if there were ENOUGH pics of nude children on a mans laptop well he should be in jail..:shrug:
I love the film, and I would love to see an update, made in the spirit of the original.

Tk
I disagree..and if you look at that scene a little closer you will see that there are a few women lying face down with no tops on..I think it is the French Riviera scene...and that is what happens when you go there.

It is not like they are stuck on that one little girl for a long period of time.

I just feel like it IS part of the culture:shrug:

JDM

It's France.

Should anyone be surprised that they "surrendered" their clothing?

Suurender is what they do best!
:kiss:

yankspy

Ehhh???/? in an attraction designed to show the flavour and culture of that particular country, I would have thought that was the perfect place to have such a thing.

Mmmm lets reflect, the right to get your baps out on the beach or the right to arm bears, I know which Id go for.

You can, in fact, go nude at many beaches here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom