Young Topless Girl in Impressions de France Film?

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Mission: France

I greatly enjoy it. The music is probably 2/3 of the reason why.

A new version should be made, and in 3D. The structure of the theater wouldn't have to change, we understand 3D film-making today much more than we did back in the Muppet Vision days, all of the "sets" are already in existence, and production costs continue to go down as the technology becomes more accessible. Film production is not cheap, but the cost to breathe new life into this attraction would be nominal compared to building, say, "Mission: France."

:sohappy:

yankspy

I was just watching the movie and the girl is there. It is the riviera scene when they are on that boardwalk looking thing. Honestly, no biggie for me.

EPCOT Explorer

I saw it back in 1998 and haven't seen in since,unfortunately.We never get to France in time and I would prefer seeing ROE.Shame Epcot is not open later!:fork:

Mission:France?I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Ooooh!1400 posts!

DznyChick

When I went to one of the water parks in the early 90's, there was a group of tourists who literally took off all their clothes and started to approach a slide. It wasn't long until a CM stopped them and requested that they clothe themselves....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
:lol:

I'm willing to wager that by the time I get home from work that this thread will be history.

I'm glad nobody took me on that bet. :D

Ehhh???/? in an attraction designed to show the flavour and culture of that particular country, I would have thought that was the perfect place to have such a thing.

Mmmm lets reflect, the right to get your baps out on the beach or the right to arm bears, I know which Id go for.
Is that arm bears
JamesBEARbrownsabre01.jpg

or bear arms
Beararms.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

This reminds me of that clip in Family Guy where the founding fathers are discussing the right to bear arms...and there's two mounted on the wall.

:lol:

Wilt Dasney

There are, however, other attitudes that are perfectly accepted in other cultures, in other parts of the world, such as slavery and polygamy, that would never be reflected in an Epcot attraction. So, you see, cultural validity, alone, does not per se indicate that something is appropriate for a Disney attraction.

I'd say it depends on the reason for the cultural distinction. Slavery and polygamy are opposed on moral grounds here. Naked kids walking around is at most an issue of "decency," and actually is probably more like simple etiquette in many people's minds, at least when you're talking about very young children.

MouseMadness

Are we sure it's a girl at all? (Since I assume a little boy would be ok :rolleyes: )

It could've been Celine Dion's son :lookaroun
celine-053107-a.jpg

Or Cindy Crawford's son (I'm not sure which one is her son :shrug: ) :lookaroun
crawfordkids.jpg

Timekeeper

Original Poster
I'd say it depends on the reason for the cultural distinction. Slavery and polygamy are opposed on moral grounds here. Naked kids walking around is at most an issue of "decency," and actually is probably more like simple etiquette in many people's minds, at least when you're talking about very young children.

There comes a point at which such conduct may expose the individual to criminal liability, and in many jurisdictions may be considered criminally lewd and lascivious and in violation of one or more local ordinances. So, "indecency" is much more than just "simple etiquette." When and where we draw the line, and at at what age, is not always clear. We have seen countless stories on the news of child behavior that, while seemingly completely innocent, subjected the child to some sort of punishment. There are plenty of local laws that should be issues of etiquette and not legislation, but most of us are not legislators, and most of us would be surprised upon discovering the amount of material on the books that restricts our daily behavior.

Tk

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Are you suggesting they update the film because it needs an update or because of the topless kid

I would like to see new life and new interest revived in the pavilion. The film is grossly out of date, and needs to be updated for the same reasons that other attractions receive update refurbishments. I have not expressed a personal opinion on the presence of the nude child, but have merely acknowledged that differing opinions exist, and related issues are constantly the subject of much debate, in both moral and legal arenas.

Tk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom