You might be a redneck at WDW if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandaman

If you see "Pop Century" and think "great-grampa Joe".

If you ask for the going rates at "that there Hollywood Tower place".

tink81

You think the cars at Lights! would look so much better with a body kit and spoiler

You go fisticuffs with the bank robber/ride op on the Great Movie Ride when they beat you to the giant ruby

You think Walt Disney: One Man's Dream is about segregation

You are sitting in the Enchanted Tiki Room and suddenly start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner menu

You think WDI is remisced in excluding the beer helmet from Carousel Of Progress

You get in an argument with a CM about what kind of wood them there logs is made of at Splash Mountain.

You use ethnic slurs to address CMs at Japan, Germany, Mexico, and Italy

hcswingfield

If you are disappointed that the Beach Club doesn't look anything like Panama City, Florida.

If you are really upset that Downtown Disney doesn't have a Hooter's.

MayKit

Original Poster
While visiting Epcot Morocco, you hear a CM tell your uncle, "No, those women in the restaurant do NOT give lap dances!"

rackman

You declare a feud when the guy cuts in front of you in line.

You wonder if they have to use restrictor plates at Test Track.

LilDucky

MayKit said:
While visiting Epcot Morocco, you hear a CM tell your uncle, "No, those women in the restaurant do NOT give lap dances!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

When you realize you went to DTD by mistake. Universal Studios City Walk is the one with the NASCAR Cafe :brick: :hammer: :brick:

wedway71

You cant find any clean tables in any quick service locations so you use the baby changing tables in the bathrooms instead.

You complain to management that there are certain areas to smoke in the
parks but no designated areas to "DIP".

You ask the manager at Chefs De France why the hell you cant get FRENCH frys in here???

Horizons1

Ya know, I get where the idea of this thread started from and all, and I have no problem with that. The "You might be a redneck jokes" are pretty darn funny and the ones you guys are making are too, but when you guys start making jokes invloving the Confederate flag and Robert E. Lee and any of the other great men of The War for Southern Independence, I do get a bit offended.

I imagine many who read this post will just roll their eyes and such but I have a large Southern heritage and I am darn proud of it. I do not take kindly to some of the jokes being posted here and would appriciate it if those jokes would not be posted. Thank you.

SpongeScott

Horizons1 said:
Ya know, I get where the idea of this thread started from and all, and I have no problem with that. The "You might be a redneck jokes" are pretty darn funny and the ones you guys are making are too, but when you guys start making jokes invloving the Confederate flag and Robert E. Lee and any of the other great men of The War for Southern Independence, I do get a bit offended.

I imagine many who read this post will just roll their eyes and such but I have a large Southern heritage and I am darn proud of it. I do not take kindly to some of the jokes being posted here and would appriciate it if those jokes would not be posted. Thank you.
well, to each his own. I too am from the South and I find it funny, even secure enough in my heritage that I can laugh at it, given a good context.

This is all in good fun and should be taken as such. Nothing here offends me.

pinkrose

SpongeScott said:
well, to each his own. I too am from the South and I find it funny, even secure enough in my heritage that I can laugh at it, given a good context.

Same here. I too am born and raised in the South.

Horizons1

SpongeScott said:

Oh I am secure enough in my own heritage that I can laugh too but most of the time it leads to trouble.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Horizons1 said:
Oh I am secure enough in my own heritage that I can laugh too but most of the time it leads to trouble.

Yeah, since you asked for it. I'm a hick born and bred and I have no problem with it. I got confederate flags, necklaces, you name it. If you're actually offended by this stuff your probably just a city boy that lives in the South. Just because you live in the South doesn't mean your Southern. I think you need to head on up above the Mason Dixon line, buddy, cos your acting like a bitter Yankee. :kiss:

Horizons1

Sledge said:
Yeah, since you asked for it. I'm a hick born and bred and I have no problem with it. I got confederate flags, necklaces, you name it. If you're actually offended by this stuff your probably just a city boy that lives in the South. Just because you live in the South doesn't mean your Southern. I think you need to head on up above the Mason Dixon line, buddy, cos your acting like a bitter Yankee. :kiss:

Ya know, I did make that post trying to start trouble and Im not gonna act like a yankee acting all big and bad and calling people names and telling em where to go. I simply asked for it to be stopped, I do not see why this is such a problem. So you can call me a cityboy all ya want but its really nothing more than an childish insult :wave: ;) . And I am not someone who thinks they are Southern just cause they live in the South. I was born and bred here, just like the rest of my family. I had plenty of family that fought in the war for the CSA, I even have one of my relatives pistols he used in the war. I am proud of my family's past and heritage and I do not take kindly to people making jokes about that.

imagineer boy

Come on guys, lets not get into a political discussion and continue with the red neck jokes. The only people who we are really offending is the red necks, and I don't think there are any here judging by the way everyone types. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Horizons1 said:
Ya know, I did make that post trying to start trouble and Im not gonna act like a yankee acting all big and bad and calling people names and telling em where to go. I simply asked for it to be stopped, I do not see why this is such a problem. So you can call me a cityboy all ya want but its really nothing more than an childish insult :wave: ;) . And I am not someone who thinks they are Southern just cause they live in the South. I was born and bred here, just like the rest of my family. I had plenty of family that fought in the war for the CSA, I even have one of my relatives pistols he used in the war. I am proud of my family's past and heritage and I do not take kindly to people making jokes about that.
Well, since the proverbial can o'worms has been opened, I do find it funny when people talk about the Confederacy like it's still in existence. I think acknowledging your heritage is great, but acting like the cause of the Confederacy is still alive or like the War is still going on strikes me as comical. I went to high school with guys like that, who'd switch around words in the Pledge of Allegiance to make it a pledge to the CSA.

I'm an American and always have been. The Stars and Bars have never been more than a historical symbol to me. The Stars and Stripes are where my loyalty lies.

I suppose I just don't get it. I think you should be able to respect and salute your dead relatives without acting like the equally dead cause they fought for is still sacred. I believe that the Confederate soldiers who earnestly shed blood for their cause deserve our respect, but the Confederacy they fought for is gone forever. The two are not the same in my mind.

wedway71

After reading all these responses all I can think of is Randy Quades character in National Lampoons Vacation movies running around WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom