You know your officially on Vacation when....

DisneyPirate85

When I leave the Com Center, walk 2 blocks to my truck, Turn OFF the pager, Had the cell shut off 3 months ago, in an attempt to convince the wife Ican manage w/o it and put that extra $100.00 towards FINALLY buying the DVC.:sohappy:

janni518

Ok so when is it that the moment is official that your on vacation....For me its when I leave work the nite before our trip, that feeling when I walk out the door knowing that I won't be back for 10 whole days....We usually have the 6-6:30am flight out so I try to work till 8 pm the nite before..its more time for me to waste and its something to occupy my head(somewhat) although I usually give my clients fair warning that I will be a little off the wall that week..sadly , they 're use to it!!...also my husband is so nice enough( sarcasism is there) to call me when he leaves work(usually when i'm still at work) to let me know his vacation is officially started....yeah nice!!!

We are officially on vacation when the dog scampers off happily with the kennel owner.

Craig & Lisa

At this point I can't really say. We have a trip planned for early Nov., and another with extra family members in March. We still have planning for both, but the most important is already done, for the first one that is. But there's still so much more to do because my wife can't fly down at the same time as the rest of us, (stupid job). but we will have a great time even though we won't be there for long. Just alittle Disney fix to hold us over till March.

tracyandalex

for us it's when we leave work the night before. with that in mind, our vacation officially starts 5:01 PM Oct. 10, 2007 we can't wait!!!!!

tracy & alex

GrimGrinninAnna

I know i'm on vacation when....I'm at the hotel on the airport the night before our plane leaves. Or were on the turnpike heading south :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Agreed! Except for me it's when I shuffle my DvF suitcase (save the nice ones for the long trips!) out the door and onto the cab or subway and finally get to the airport. That's when it's vacation time.

It always seems like vacation ends a lot earlier though. The magical express back to ORL is always such a downer.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I thought I was the only one who noticed the smell of Florida:D . And you're right about the people. Everyone seems so happy to be there:sohappy: .

Oh me too, as soon as the sticky, hot air hits my face as the orlando airport doors open leading me to magical express..oh yeah...love that feeling...

14 more days till i get my fix!!

wdwmomof3

For me it's the day we leave. Just driving down my driveway and heading out of town excites me. Also when we cross the Florida State line and then again when we hit the turnpike, at every toll booth and when we start seeing the Disney World signs... I get that funny feeling inside. I love it.

sbkline

I used to say that vacation starts the moment we pull out of the driveway.

But now I think I have to say that the whole "feel" of that last day of work begins vacation mode. That feeling you have when it's time to lock up the office and go home for the night, knowing that it will be a while before you have to go back. Getting home that evening and finishing up any packing that might need to be done, setting the alarm for bright and early so you can get a good start, etc.

And then there are the familiar sites of the road trip on the way down: The Ohio River from Illinois into Kentucky, Nashville, the Mountains of Tennessee, Atlanta and, even though we would never stop at the abominable place...Cafe Risque. :lol: I know we're on our way to Florida when I see some hottie on a billboard telling us that they "bare all". :ROFLOL:

Tinkrbell

The feeling of excitement I get as I wait at the airport in Milwaukee & then get on the tram at Orlando International.

29 days, 16 hours & 38 minutes till my flight leaves

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
For me its when you get off the plane and you can smell the floradia air and think: were in disney country. and when we take the tram from our terminal and see the disney store and stop in and she what were in store for!

KaliSplash

Leaving work is a very good thing. My wife gets off before I do, so I usually call her to let her know that I AM on vacation.
Fortunately, I have a job where it's virtually unlikely that I would be called back for anything short of the end of the world, so I can be unreachable!
Rolling the van down the driveway, asking if anyone forgot anything (if they knew then, they wouldn't have forgotten, now would they?).
From there, the next big sign is the Welcome Center on I-95 in Florida. Making the turn onto I-4 at Daytona. Passing the B-line in Orlando. Taking the exit. Seeing the signs. Walking into the lobby. Walking into the room. Walking into the first park.

brewhaha10000

calling

Hey Dixie girl

Your husband is the man..I also pull that stuff with my wife...when I leave. I also have her mom, sister, and several of my employees call her as well....she HATES it!!!!!LOL!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom