You know your officially on Vacation when....

I get that feeling the morning I wake up..Usually around 4am..And pack the truck up and head to the Philadelphia airport and aboard the plane.

And off to Disney World:sohappy:

fredtom

When I leave work the afternoon before our flight the next day... And even moreso, when we're seated on the plane... :sohappy:

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

JML42691

When the floor mat going into your room says Welcome Home!

On this last trip we flew jetBlue and on the way home there wasn't much on the TVs that they gave you at the time so I was flipping through when the Travel Channel had a special on the DisneyCruise line and then immediatly after that they aired Walt Disney World Resort:Behind the Scenes. Talk about making me want to plan my next trip immedatly. If only they aired those two on the flight to Orlando and not from it, it would have made the flight go by in no time (the anticipation made a 3 hour flight feel like the time I was stranded on a plane for 3 hours before a 6 hour flight.:brick:

EMThompsen

Mine starts as soon as the plane takes off from Logan Airport in Boston. No more security checks... no more waiting... The plane is in the air & there's no turning back. It's full speed ahead to Disney !!!!:sohappy:

metman

Me it's when we walk under the bridge at orlando airport on the way to pick up the car. we have had the 9 hour flight the 200 mile drive to the airport. the 2 hours with homeland security !!!!!!!!. (as******). sorry
They take forever and then the que to get the car another 30 mins to 1 hour. then and then only when i am crossing that bridge does my holiday start and yes you are 100% right that lovely florida smell in the air. I can smell it now just thinking about it. One final thing do you look at the people comming towards you and do they always look glum (sad) and why ow why when you go back do you not want to look at anyone crossing that same bridge with a big smile on there faces (smug happy people thats when i am very jelous of them)

well, lets see. the last trip to WDW I took I had told my boss about my planned vacation for 6 months and she approved. 1 week before I leave she tells me I can't go. so the night before our trip I was the closing manager. I closed the store (movie rental) and droped the keys and a note in the over night drop box never to return again. That was a great feeling to start my vacation.

eroyee

well, lets see. the last trip to WDW I took I had told my boss about my planned vacation for 6 months and she approved. 1 week before I leave she tells me I can't go. so the night before our trip I was the closing manager. I closed the store (movie rental) and droped the keys and a note in the over night drop box never to return again. That was a great feeling to start my vacation.
Wow, that was brave. I would have done the same thing for disney!!

gettingsmaller

I'd say it's going to begin when we land in Orlando. I'm a little nervous about flying... So, once I land, I've got that behind me, and I am THERE, terra firma in Florida, baby.

For me it would have to as soon as I step out of the house and lock the door and get into our van which is loaded with luggage. As soon as I do this I am on holiday mode, it doesn't matter that we are driving for up to three and half hours to get to Seattle to get our flight, we are on our way.
Also for me a must is to leave the cel phone and laptop at home and not give work any phone numbers to contact me. If they really need to they could look up the number for the Pop Century and call and leave a message, but i doubt that i would bother to return the call till I was back in Vancouver, British Columbia.

ToGreen78

;) Probably when I go and get a mani & pedi, eyebrows and haircut all in ONE day, then go home and put my work clothes away for the next 10 days!!

bobjl527

Good for you! You don't want to work for a person like that anyway. Six months notice, then tells you one week before you can't go? I would have walked out right then and there. Was it a chain (ie: Blockbuster, Hollywood Video?) I would have gone above her head. That is just down right unprofessional.:shrug: I am sure you work for a much better place now.

LoriMistress

Ok so when is it that the moment is official that your on vacation....For me its when I leave work the nite before our trip, that feeling when I walk out the door knowing that I won't be back for 10 whole days....We usually have the 6-6:30am flight out so I try to work till 8 pm the nite before..its more time for me to waste and its something to occupy my head(somewhat) although I usually give my clients fair warning that I will be a little off the wall that week..sadly , they 're use to it!!...also my husband is so nice enough( sarcasism is there) to call me when he leaves work(usually when i'm still at work) to let me know his vacation is officially started....yeah nice!!!

Aww, you're so lucky! Today is 99 more days until our WDW trip! I'm finally in the double digits. I go through different phases. I get excited when it starts to become closer to our trip, but it starts to feel official when after the last day at work and leaving to be "official on vacation." I get excited boarding on the plane, during the plane ride, once we land, when I see the sign, "Welcome to WDW!", checking into the resort, walking through DTD, sleeping in the resort, getting ready for the parks, the moment when you walk into the park on your first day, seeing Cinderella's Castle, etc.

Irene

I know i'm on vacation when....I'm at the hotel on the airport the night before our plane leaves. Or were on the turnpike heading south :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Montyboy

Inspiring.
Time to start a thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom