Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

anonDisney

I've never seen the Yeti in A mode, but after being at Animal Kingdom last week and seeing the Yeti I think that a better temporary solution would simply to have light flashing on him from the front. The flashing lights from behind leave him dark so you really only see his outline. Flashing lights on the front of the Yeti would still create a better effect, even if he still isn't reaching for you.

Wilt Dasney

"Bringing threads back on track" = engaging in off-topic personal sniping.

"Bringing threads back on track" ≠ discussing the topic of the thread.

Neat!

SeanC

Having seen the "A-mode" many times in the early days of the attraction, I can only assume that those who claim its too fast and too anticlimactic either never saw it, missed it, of went through the Yeti cavern on those occasional times when the timing of the Yeti's lean and swipe and that of the coaster car were not in sync. When all was working perfectly, as the train careened through the final room, the hulking figure, fully lit and especially ferocious, actually lurched out of its cave, leaned over and swiped at the heads of the riders. It was a SPECTACULAR effect. People ducked, flinched, screamed. The speed of the car and that of the AA led to a reaction of "Did that really just happen!?" It was smartly designed to have maximum impact because of the speed and lack of "face time. " Those of us who bemoan the broken effect are those who were impacted, impressed, and amazed by the sheer audacity and brilliance of Disney at its finest.

NoChesterHester

Having seen the "A-mode" many times in the early days of the attraction, I can only assume that those who claim its too fast and too anticlimactic either never saw it, missed it, of went through the Yeti cavern on those occasional times when the timing of the Yeti's lean and swipe and that of the coaster car were not in sync. When all was working perfectly, as the train careened through the final room, the hulking figure, fully lit and especially ferocious, actually lurched out of its cave, leaned over and swiped at the heads of the riders. It was a SPECTACULAR effect. People ducked, flinched, screamed. The speed of the car and that of the AA led to a reaction of "Did that really just happen!?" It was smartly designed to have maximum impact because of the speed and lack of "face time. " Those of us who bemoan the broken effect are those who were impacted, impressed, and amazed by the sheer audacity and brilliance of Disney at its finest.

Great post. Makes me want to experience the Yeti returned to full glory all the more.

harveyt0206

That sounds really amazing. Wish I could have experienced the Yeti in all his glory. When my husband and I rode EE in 2009 I asked him if he saw the Yeti anamatronic at the end? His reply: "what are you talking about?". Sigh.....

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
"Bringing threads back on track" = engaging in off-topic personal sniping.

"Bringing threads back on track" ≠ discussing the topic of the thread.

Neat!
What the heck are you doing? Logic has no place here! Get out! :fork:

:animwink:
JT have you got a lazy lobb for 74? Cant quite believe you are lecturing anyone about posts. Then self awareness is something that does seem alien to you, a bit like reality.

I often wonder how many people have me on ignore or if Im failing to cast as efficiently these days................
Couldn't imagine putting you on ignore! I'd miss too much fun.

Your cast is as effective as ever, the catch is diminished by the quality of the school not the deft talents of the caster.

JimboJones123

Oh, I've seen A-mode. Several times. Barely. It just isn't that great.

floam

This past Wednesday, I was at Animal Kingdom for about 8 hours(side point: I actually really enjoyed the park, more than I though).

Because of the morning EMH, I rode Everest twice before regular guests came into the park. By the time I left, I had ridden 5 times -- what a ride!

Though I was in the third row 4 out of the 5 times I rode, oddly enough, other friends/family of mine rode in different seats. Off all the times that everyone rode, we never saw the Yeti! So we asked a CM about it -- he said "that the Yeti is behind tarps being fixed, will be there for about a month".

Though we never got to see Disco Yeti :lol:, I was exceedingly happy w/ this news!

So, will we see the Yeti back to its original form? I think/hope so!!
I hate to disappoint you, but the Yeti figure is not being fixed at this time. He is undergoing an imaging scan study by engineering in order to verify and update blueprints in case of a future repair.

Atomicmickey

I hate to disappoint you, but the Yeti figure is not being fixed at this time. He is undergoing an imaging scan study by engineering in order to verify and update blueprints in case of a future repair.

Well, there we have it.

Nothing to see here, move along, folks.....:brick:

RSoxNo1

It could do with being spicier and hotter, but given the fear of such things in the colonies its easy to see why Disney chefs tone everything down in the blander. :animwink:

I also didn't get tandoori chicken which apparently is the signature dish. I may go back at some point down the road, but for my money, the best on property restaurant in that price point is Kona Cafe.

Thrill

You're pretty new here... What are your sources? :shrug:

Many new members have brought in reliable information. Rum Pirate being the most recent example. I wouldn't find it surprising if he's correct, because the Yeti was under tarps/scrim at some point last year, I believe, and nothing happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom