Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I prefer tequila myself. But I'd drink with you ... although with Disney prices, likely no more than two drinks!

As to my 'label' on Lee ... that was something called a joke.
That's OK, "beer" was used in the generic social sense, I prefer Scotch. :animwink: [Thankfully, it's almost reasonably priced when you combine the healthy pour at R&C with the TiW discount].

And I "got" the joke... I replied with one. Martin's right, humour can be lost on the web. :shrug:

jt04

I hate to break this to you, but Lee and I are friends, good friends, in the real non-online world (that's off the grid to many of the youngsters here that are online 28 hours a day).

It's funny because we were talking about this yesterday (again, in the REAL world ... well, except for his brief ego-stroking, yeti-lubricating, fanboi-gushing podcast appearance:D).

I wasn't very aware of MAGIC for a long time and when I was it was largely because folks were taking something I had written elsewhere (LP.com) and brought it here for the TRIO OF ELDERS to run by it. Those dudes were Lee, Martin (also a friend of mine who I wish I could have packed in my suitcase when I went to TDR!) and some dude named Corrus, who apparently was pretty harsh when I broke word that the evil wand was coming down at EPCOT and who no longer is around here -- although some of us believe he posts elsewhere under a new moniker and seems pretty harsh toward anyone who wasn't fired from WDI-Fla. The amusing thing is Lee and I agree on pretty much all of the 'big' stuff when it comes to WDW ... Martin pretty much as well. We also tend to post the same opinions (although I don't cry myself to sleep at night clutching a Kungaloosh mug), yet folks just like hating on this Spirit.

I think it's probably because they ignore (largely) stupidity while I call it out. They probably are smarter than I am ... at least about that ... but I do need the tears of fanbois to survive.

~Hey Frank ... how come the yeti looks like he's smiling just because I'm ...~

People like Martin and Lee because neither has a terminal case of narcissism. People are judging your character.

Personally I find your junior high quality of humor borish and beyond stale. It can't even be called sophmoric. It is hopelessly stereotypical and unoriginal. That it appeals to your fanboys who also are suffering from arrested development is no suprise.

I have had you on ignore but inevitably I have to read your tiresome crap to try and bring threads back on track. But inevitably I feel like I am stuck watching a combination of the intellectually bankrupt on the Comedy Channel and the critics of "Rotten Tomatoes" while reviewing what you write.

Other than that I am sure you are just a fine bloke who never sidetracks every conversation into a discussion of yourself. I'm sure. :rolleyes:

PS- I hear your mom calling you from LP. :wave:

SMRT-1

this is certainly great news on the Yeti. it's a shame though that they waited till after the anniversary event. i'll get over there soon and see if there is any progress.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
JT have you got a lazy lobb for 74? Cant quite believe you are lecturing anyone about posts. Then self awareness is something that does seem alien to you, a bit like reality.

I often wonder how many people have me on ignore or if Im failing to cast as efficiently these days................

Computer Magic

:wave:
I hate to break this to you, but Lee and I are friends, good friends, in the real non-online world (that's off the grid to many of the youngsters here that are online 28 hours a day).

It's funny because we were talking about this yesterday (again, in the REAL world ... well, except for his brief ego-stroking, yeti-lubricating, fanboi-gushing podcast appearance:D).

I wasn't very aware of MAGIC for a long time and when I was it was largely because folks were taking something I had written elsewhere (LP.com) and brought it here for the TRIO OF ELDERS to run by it. Those dudes were Lee, Martin (also a friend of mine who I wish I could have packed in my suitcase when I went to TDR!) and some dude named Corrus, who apparently was pretty harsh when I broke word that the evil wand was coming down at EPCOT and who no longer is around here --
Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!

:sohappy::wave:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000148/

Victor Kelly

ok ok ok. If they don't get the yeti fixed then can they at least play Disco Inferno (burn baby burn) when the strobes flash? Maybe get him a white polyester costume of torture like John Travolta? (Yes, I went there. I actually referanced the true meaning of the word EPCOT. Experimental Polyester Costumes of Torture.)

Nemo14

Glad to hear they're working on this.

I've read this whole thread, and I find it rather amusing how some people seem to post apparently just to inflate their own egos. I've worked with enough adolescents in my day to recognize that humor is humor, and juvenile is juvenile. :rolleyes:

RSoxNo1

Yes. And if you only saw how much abuse he took for it in person. :drevil:
I don't know how he managed a straight face ... of course, the first two words I heard him utter to you when I was in earshot were 'lubricating the yeti' ... you just don't hear that every day (or any day really).

I was kind of hoping he'd start talking about bringing Horizons back or the super top-secret plans for the MK that no one has heard about ... yet.:D

Rest assured, we didn't leave "lubricating the Yeti" alone in the euphemism department. Were you present when we were recording? I assumed I was listening to a child in the background.

As to track records, if anyone bothers to actually read the substance of what I have to say, it speaks for itself. If you'd rather talk about how I am just a nasty Disney hater (again, that would probably explain why in the last 18 months I've been to every Disney resort on the planet and taken a two-week cruise with them ... and that doesn't even begin to include all the love I've given many of their films, ABC and ESPN programming and even some consumer products) and am here to just bash the company for no good reason, then there's a track record of absurd discussions like this in many threads that I am sure you can point to.

~Saturday Night Live: Lubricating the Yeti!~

The opposition to your track record comes from how the information is presented. You have to anticipate people will question your track record because people that take Disney too seriously can't handle sorting the "extra content" in your posts.
Ah ... yeah, Sanaa ... one of the good (relavtively) new things at WDW. Even better when your CM pals take you to lunch there with the perpetual 40% off discount. Love their curry,short ribs, soups ... well, everything.

I liked the decor of Sanaa, but I wasn't a fan of the food.

PalisadesPkteer

Hope we do get an "A' mode Yeti again or at least a very close mode.

Did not hear the podcast of Lee and I am wondering how many months they are expecting the Yeti to be behind tarps.

Apparently the concrete slab he was on is not in good shape anymore. So if the turnaround time is only a few months, then I think we get a lesser version of "A" mode.

If it is several months, then there is hope for full "A" mode.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
JT have you got a lazy lobb for 74? Cant quite believe you are lecturing anyone about posts. Then self awareness is something that does seem alien to you, a bit like reality.

I often wonder how many people have me on ignore or if Im failing to cast as efficiently these days................

I look forward to your bits of sarcastic wisdom. :D

JimboJones123

I'll chime in with a WHO CARES.

The 2.3 seconds of Yeti time make the thing pretty pointless. At least with the Matterhorn, the AS is fully lit.

It isn't like it is The Mummy where the ride actually stops several times and gives you a show worthy of the build up.

The Yeti, with 3 motions, would give the same sensation to 85% of riders.

Back tilt. Arm swing. Head rotate. All else is pointless in 2.3 seconds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom