Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

Ok I understand more now and am sorry if I offended anyone or confused anyone but all someone had to tell me is that it was moved and that is why it looked totally different. Like I said the pic I posted was the exact way he looked this time and the last couple years we have ride we could barely even see him as we rode by. That would definitely make anyone think its a different yeti. And I could have sworn that his arm was moving as I never saw even saw an arm in the last couple years I rode it but his arm and whole self was very clear to see and they did an awesome job of making the arm look like it was moving!

lazyboy97o

Ok I understand more now and am sorry if I offended anyone or confused anyone but all someone had to tell me is that it was moved and that is why it looked totally different. Like I said the pic I posted was the exact way he looked this time and the last couple years we have ride we could barely even see him as we rode by. That would definitely make anyone think its a different yeti. And I could have sworn that his arm was moving as I never saw even saw an arm in the last couple years I rode it but his arm and whole self was very clear to see and they did an awesome job of making the arm look like it was moving!
He was not moved. This thread is full of stories like yours. The illusion is merely working as intended.

G00fyDad

You have nothing to apologize for. Your comments were not inflammatory at all. If anyone got upset, it was more directed at Disney for allowing something like this to continue. However, the reason they do allow it is because most people come off the ride right now talking about how the yeti reached for them and how scared they were. TDO believes that there is no reason to change the yeti anytime soon. :(

pax_65

While I understand what A mode is (and this definitely wasn't it), I agree with the OP that the illusion was better executed when I rode in October than when I last rode it in May. I thought perhaps they re-positioned him slightly, but maybe it was just better lighting.

G00fyDad

While I understand what A mode is (and this definitely wasn't it), I agree with the OP that the illusion was better executed when I rode in October than when I last rode it in May. I thought perhaps they re-positioned him slightly, but maybe it was just better lighting.

Knowing Disney, I'd have to say that it was better lighting. They'll probably have to use a ton of WD-40 on the bolts holding him down since he's probably rusted to the foundation now. :(

Yes this may explain it exactly. I have never seen him so clearly before always thought he was boring til this past ride

Cesar R M

Same Yeti...same track.

The Yeti has not been moved. The track has not been moved.

They may have replaced a bulb, which may explain why he looks different.
hang on.. does this means its no longer DISCO YETI? POP YETI ANYONE?
since its almost halloween.. bring Michael Jackson's THRILLER!

lazyboy97o

The figure was not moved to a different static position.

natatomic

If you were not there on Sept 9th and 12th then shame on you for pretty much calling me a liar. I only posted what I saw. Yes he could have just been moved and that was the difference but he was exactly like the picture I posted so if that is what you call a disco yeti then so be it but I know he is not the same Yeti I have seen for the past several years. I just wished I had took a pic or video but I was afraid of losing my camera plus I thought he just must have been fixed and everyone knew about it. There were others that posted the same as me but I guess we are all blind n dumb but y'all weren't even there but yet we are liars? Like I said they could have done testing that week?

I was there the 11th. No change. Maybe better lit.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was there last week and carefully watched the Yeti's motion. It looked to me that he/she reached down. But not having ridden Everest before the Yeti broke, I've got nothing to compare current Yeti to. And the bird was there.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
I was there last week and carefully watched the Yeti's motion. It looked to me that he/she reached down. But not having ridden Everest before the Yeti broke, I've got nothing to compare current Yeti to. And the bird was there.
Really? Well, because you've never seen A mode yeti, let me describe him for you: He swings his gigantic paw down at your head and growls

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Really? Well, because you've never seen A mode yeti, let me describe him for you: He swings his gigantic paw down at your head and growls

With the strobe effect, it looks as though Yeti swings his giant paw down - I remember ducking.

acassels

Sorry guys I'd hate to tell you but the Yeti is never going to go back to its original movement. I worked as a college CM on Everest and the problem is that the movement is actually tearing the mountain apart. The yeti and the mountain are two separate structures, and the yeti's movement was ripping on the reinforced concrete floor under the mountain. To do this, if you ever do a behind-the-scenes tour, there are still massive chunks of lose concrete under the mountain. We were instructed that WDI is working on a way to try and make it so just the arm moves, but for the near future nothing's going to change.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry guys I'd hate to tell you but the Yeti is never going to go back to its original movement. I worked as a college CM on Everest and the problem is that the movement is actually tearing the mountain apart. The yeti and the mountain are two separate structures, and the yeti's movement was ripping on the reinforced concrete floor under the mountain. To do this, if you ever do a behind-the-scenes tour, there are still massive chunks of lose concrete under the mountain. We were instructed that WDI is working on a way to try and make it so just the arm moves, but for the near future nothing's going to change.
College Cast Members are always the most knowledgeable about the inner working of complicated designs.

Besides, you contradicted yourself. They are two separate structures, but one structure is attacking the other structure?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom