Yehaa Bob

gwhb75

Sucks that yee ha Bob got cut, but not surprised. How many acts have been cut without a real replacement in the past few years. Mulch Sweat & Sheers, cuts to the citizens of Hollywood, Off Kilter, Gi-tar Dan, and so on.. Unfortunately it seems par for the course when it comes to live entertainment. Have to find a way to pay for those new IP coasters I guess.

Mickey5150

Disney cuts in the past were to save money where they thought they could get away with it. Now it's all because 50% of their business is shut down. Seriously without Disneyland or filled movie theaters Disney is gonna hemorrhage billions of dollars. They have to make cuts and this won't be the last of them. Things will not be going back to the way they were, probably ever, and everyone just needs to adjust to a new normal.

Lilofan

Disney cuts in the past were to save money where they thought they could get away with it. Now it's all because 50% of their business is shut down. Seriously without Disneyland or filled movie theaters Disney is gonna hemorrhage billions of dollars. They have to make cuts and this won't be the last of them. Things will not be going back to the way they were, probably ever, and everyone just needs to adjust to a new normal.
The D23 event is cancelled for 2021. Not much to celebrate the year prior.

Obobru

None of these types of entertainment will ever come back to Disney. People will soon have to accept that the Disney of the past which has been dying a slow death for 20+ years has finally died of COVID. The Disney parks moving forward will not relate to the past ways of operation with entertainment for the sake of it or extra details in attractions to satisfy fans. The Imagineers of old have gone and the few hanging on will also soon be gone and the management of the company have no ties to Disney company of the past.

A break with the past would best achieved in people's minds if the company was renamed the Disney Entertainment Corporation and Walt's name was dropped from WDW to simply Disney World which is what everyone calls it anyway. This break with the past and a disconnect from a man who's been dead so long his kids are now dead is overdue. What the company is today isn't Walt's company, it's a company that has no connection to the Disney family and whose sole purpose is to increase its share price.

Last edited:

corran horn

Should anyone get sick, make Disney's upper management foot the bill. Surely they have the cash handy!
It'd seem so.

TrainsOfDisney

Im so done seeing this type of thing...The people that made WDW are just being tossed aside. I feel like these were the last lines that keep WDW from becoming a glitzy Six Flags.

Without the special cast members, its just a park with some rides.
Exactly.

Dollywood has kept all of their outdoor entertainment this year. They have 2 wonderful live bands, a juggling show, 50’s style acapella group, and streetmosphere actors (one of whom used to be at Disney in hoop dee doo.).

Club Cooloholic

Im so done seeing this type of thing...The people that made WDW are just being tossed aside. I feel like these were the last lines that keep WDW from becoming a glitzy Six Flags.

Without the special cast members, its just a park with some rides.
Exactly. Want to stay on property and get a unique experience, live music, boats ect? Nope just becoming glorified chain hotels(motels). Instead they say you get the privilege of booking your FP early(I am speaking precovid), things that don't cost money to give..

TrainsOfDisney

Exactly. Want to stay on property and get a unique experience, live music, boats ect? Nope just becoming glorified chain hotels(motels). Instead they say you get the privilege of booking your FP early(I am speaking precovid), things that don't cost money to give..
And post covid (so now until...?) you have to stay onsite to get advance reservations at a park.

wannabeBelle

Sucks that yee ha Bob got cut, but not surprised. How many acts have been cut without a real replacement in the past few years. Mulch Sweat & Sheers, cuts to the citizens of Hollywood, Off Kilter, Gi-tar Dan, and so on.. Unfortunately it seems par for the course when it comes to live entertainment. Have to find a way to pay for those new IP coasters I guess.
This, exactly this. Folks let's get this straight. Yee Ha Bob was NOT cut due to Covid only. It didnt help matters any, but the entertainment cast members who were cut this year very well may have been on the chopping block anyhow. I dont know anyone who can tell me that one way or the other.
What I do know for a fact is that over the last number of years, 6 for me as that is when it starting hitting home with the termination of Off Kilter, MoRockin' World Showcase players and some others, the following year with the termination of Mulch, Sweat & Shears, and others, etc. Disney has been getting rid of some of the great entertainment that could be found in the parks and resorts. 6 years ago, Covid was not impacting the parks, so what was the excuse then? Oh yes they wanted something new. The following year Mulch was terminated and no replacement was ever forthcoming. Some people I know had speculated at the time that this was due to the up and coming streetmosphere for Galaxy's Edge. Well we see how that has gone.
I get the whole issue with Covid right now, but this goes back much further than that with Disney making some cuts to entertainment for YEARS before this became a thing. If the cuts were only being done this year, I wouldnt have a problem saying that this is due to the current situation and that the great entertainment that I have always loved will be returning to WDW as soon as things stabilize. However Disney has shown this to not be the case based on the history. Disney can do better and should. I understand that things arent going to get back to normal immediately due to the virus.
I will tell you that I think people are watching to see the value of where they spend their hard earned vacation dollars. Rides are great and all, but the stand out moments for me are the interaction with the cast members, particularly in Entertainment for me. I dont recall the last time I rode on Dumbo, but TOTALLY remember the last shows on Off Kilter and Mulch, Sweat & Shears. Even happier memories of ringing in New Year's Eve a year or two before that with Mulch. Doing mass singalongs with the Off Kilter fans during the night shows for the band, which were always a little wilder, Dancing around in the Osbourne Lights while Mulch played. Singing along with Leon the Piano Player in the Rose and Crown, Signing Sweet Caroline or the Devil Went Down to Georgia with Jason and Billy at Scat Cats in POFQ. I could go on but you get the idea. THIS is what I want back. Days when we couldnt even figure out where we wanted to be as entertainment was so plentiful, that we had to decide which we wanted to go see!!!
I hope that Disney can do better going forward, but I fear they will not. Marie

Last edited:

Thelazer

What I do know for a fact is that over the last number of years, 6 for me as that is when it starting hitting home with the termination of Off Kilter, MoRockin' World Showcase players and some others, the following year with the termination of Mulch, Sweat & Shears, and others, etc. Disney has been getting rid of some of the great entertainment that could be found in the parks and resorts. 6 years ago, Covid was not impacting the parks, so what was the excuse then?

Yup.. It started years before that however, with the closure of PI.

TrainsOfDisney

This, exactly this. Folks let's get this straight. Yee Ha Bob was NOT cut due to Covid only. It didnt help matters any, but the entertainment cast members who were cut this year very well may have been on the chopping block anyhow. I dont know anyone who can tell me that one way or the other. What I do know for a fact is that over the last number of years, 6 for me as that is when it starting hitting home with the termination of Off Kilter, MoRockin' World Showcase players and some others, the following year with the termination of Mulch, Sweat & Shears, and others, etc. Disney has been getting rid of some of the great entertainment that could be found in the parks and resorts. 6 years ago, Covid was not impacting the parks, so what was the excuse then? Oh yes they wanted something new. The following year Mulch was terminated and no replacement was ever forthcoming. Some people I know had speculated at the time that this was due to the up and coming streetmosphere for Galaxy's Edge. Well we see how that has gone. I get the whole issue with Covid right now, but this goes back much further than that with Disney making some cuts to entertainment for YEARS before this became a thing. If the cuts were only being done this year, I wouldnt have a problem saying that this is due to the current situation and that the great entertainment that I have always loved will be returning to WDW as soon as things stabilize. However Disney has shown this to not be the case based on the history. Disney can do better and should. I understand that things arent going to get back to normal immediately due to the virus. I will tell you that I think people are watching to see the value of where they spend their hard earned vacation dollars. Rides are great and all, but the stand out moments for me are the interaction with the cast members, particularly in Entertainment for me. I dont recall the last time I rode on Dumbo, but TOTALLY remember the last shows on Off Kilter and Mulch, Sweat & Shears. Even happier memories of ringing in New Year's Eve a year or two before that with Mulch. Doing mass singalongs with the Off Kilter fans during the night shows for the band, which were always a little wilder, Dancing around in the Osbourne Lights while Mulch played. Singing along with Leon the Piano Player in the Rose and Crown, Signing Sweet Caroline or the Devil Went Down to Georgia with Jason and Billy at Scat Cats in POFQ. I could go on but you get the idea. THIS is what I want back. Days when we couldnt even figure out where we wanted to be as entertainment was so plentiful, that we had to decide which we wanted to go see!!! I hope that Disney can do better going forward, but I fear they will not. Marie
Yes yes and yes. Let’s not forget all the great live entertainment from pleasure island too.

wannabeBelle

Yes yes and yes. Let’s not forget all the great live entertainment from pleasure island too.
Absolutely!!! Sadly I had just found PI when they closed it. I was lucky enough to visit The Adventurer's Club a few times before it ended, but knowing what I know now, I would LOVE to have gone to the Rock & Roll Beach Club!!! I loved PI and it just would have gotten better and better for me as time went on I'm sure!! Doing a shot of liquor down a channel cut into block of ice is probably not a good idea right now, but that was the most incredible thing to see back then. And yet PI is another example of great unique entertainment, that was cut and never brought back. This makes me so sad. In the meantime other companies are expanding their offerings ( Pre-Covid of course) to entice visitors to come and vacation with them. Look to all of the cruise lines as well as other land based options. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom