Yehaa Bob

wannabeBelle

Not a bad idea at all El Scorpion, I can see this totally working. Still much of the entertainment is gone in the parks and resort areas. Some can (and should) be brought back now such as outdoor venues where people can socially distance, wear masks etc. The Villages have re-opened their entertainment stages for performances with attendance caps in place and other safeguards. Entertainment venues in the area of WDW have opened up and are having shows, indoors and out. Take the safeguards of course. These places are and havent had a problem (The Villages are only just re-opening now) but bringing back the entertainment at Disney Springs wouldnt be a bad place to start with open air shows. Some are running that i have seen scheduling for, most are not. If you build it, they will come!!! Marie

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The Villages have re-opened

Oh Dear God (sarcasm). Rocky and the Rollers playing there yet? Disney could have (speaking in past tense because the decision to lay him off has already been made) created some outdoor space at Crockett's very easily that would have addressed distancing guidelines.

I'm just joking about the Villages BTW. They are avid cruisers. I need them to come back. Quickly.

Lilofan

Not a bad idea at all El Scorpion, I can see this totally working. Still much of the entertainment is gone in the parks and resort areas. Some can (and should) be brought back now such as outdoor venues where people can socially distance, wear masks etc. The Villages have re-opened their entertainment stages for performances with attendance caps in place and other safeguards. Entertainment venues in the area of WDW have opened up and are having shows, indoors and out. Take the safeguards of course. These places are and havent had a problem (The Villages are only just re-opening now) but bringing back the entertainment at Disney Springs wouldnt be a bad place to start with open air shows. Some are running that i have seen scheduling for, most are not. If you build it, they will come!!! Marie
It's not exactly themed for it, but if WDW put the talented belly dancer from Epcot/Morocco at Disney Springs to perform she can attract quite a crowd.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It's not exactly themed for it, but if WDW put the talented belly dancer from Epcot/Morocco at Disney Springs to perform she can attract quite a crowd.

Wait. We could have Yehaa on the piano doing his thing and the Moroccan belly dancer doing an interpretive dance to the music. It would be so awkward that it'd probably work. I'm thinking Hangar Bar. They got some outdoor space they could work with. I want to be an imagineer (not now per se - but when they're hiring again)

wannabeBelle

Oh Dear God (sarcasm). Rocky and the Rollers playing there yet? Disney could have (speaking in past tense because the decision to lay him off has already been made) created some outdoor space at Crockett's very easily that would have addressed distancing guidelines.

I'm just joking about the Villages BTW. They are avid cruisers. I need them to come back. Quickly.
Since I'm sure they are your favorite band ( :)::rolleyes::rolleyes:) Rocky and the Rollers are playing October 21st at the Lake Sumpter Landing and October 27th at Paddock Square. Personally I Am trying to see if I can get there for one of the two performances of Southbound but I wouldnt turn down the Hooligans or MPire either. Southbound has members of Off Kilter and Mulch, Sweat & Shears, the Hooligans has members of Mulch as well, and MPire has some people from the British Revolution and some others. As far as cruising, I cant wait!!! I am waiting on eggshells for them to announce when that will resume. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is soon!!! Marie

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Since I'm sure they are your favorite band ( :)::rolleyes::rolleyes:) Rocky and the Rollers are playing October 21st at the Lake Sumpter Landing and October 27th at Paddock Square. Personally I Am trying to see if I can get there for one of the two performances of Southbound but I wouldnt turn down the Hooligans or MPire either. Southbound has members of Off Kilter and Mulch, Sweat & SHears, the Hooligans has members of Mulch as well, and MPire has some people from the British Revolution and some others. As far as cruising, I cant wait!!! I am waiting on eggshells for them to announce when that will resume. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is soon!!! Marie

CDC pushed back to 10/31. Costa and MSC are doing okay in Europe. TUI reported it's cases reported earlier were a false positive. Saudi Gov't chartered Silver Spirit and she's been sailing for a month. A lot of pressure being put on by CLIA. We'll see.

wannabeBelle

Good for CLIA. I had heard about all of the other information except for the Silver Spirit one. I think that the lines are ready and have a pretty solid plan in place for a re-opening including the test runs with the crew acting as guests. I think when that happens will determine if we resume cruising sooner rather than later. If I am being optimistic, I am thinking mid November, if not Beginning of next year. What are your thoughts on this one? Marie

Disstevefan1

You say “made them play” as if it would have been better to have left them on furlough and then fire them instead and not give them those 2 months of pay and performances and a final show?
When I said made them, I mean they kicked them out of their custom made location at the Grand Floridian ( the space was designed for the acoustics of the orchestra) and made the fill in for other cast members Disney was in dispute with.

All I was trying to say was the voices of Liberty may not be safe, Disney May keep them employed through the holiday season, then fire them.

But yes, I agree it’s always better ( for anyone) to be working rather than what they are doing now, maybe nothing. I don’t know, but I am guessing talent like these folk have, hopefully, even now in the time of COVID, will pick up other work somewhere.

solidyne

the River Roost was never intended to appeal to kids in the 18-22 range.

I’m also not sure if you know their habits as well as you think, I work in the live entertainment industry and a large majority of concert attendees are in that age range.
I was being a tad facetious, of course, but I do think the nature of live entertainment is changing.

Looking at the "Boxscore" chart from the last pre-Covid issue of Billboard, I find mostly acts of my generation: Celine, Joel, Tool, Widespread Panic. (Those four are still around?) Hipster trash Rex Orange County is the only act I recognize to have a younger audience. To be fair, the biggest grosses are coming from these Dinosaur acts who can charge 50-year-olds $200 a pop. So what are "the kids" paying to see? Indie bands in clubs? (Genuinely curious.)

I'd suspect that one of the largest draws for younger folks is EDM and associated festivals. And some might call such a genre the aural equivalent of screenz!!

TrainsOfDisney

To be fair, the biggest grosses are coming from these Dinosaur acts who can charge 50-year-olds $200 a pop. So what are "the kids" paying to see? Indie bands in clubs? (Genuinely curious.)

Those dinosaur acts are the best to work for, there is usually only one original member left and everyone else is just hired on for the gig. He’s set in his ways, learn what he wants, do that, and it’s an easy gig.

Lady Gaga is doing stadium tours. Lots of arena acts in the pop world like Taylor Swift, Bieber, etc.

The clubs like house of blues are gonna have a mix of hard rock, punk rock, pop acts. They aren’t indie, they are mostly signed.

Then there’s the hipster coffee house shows. They’ll have the indie acts.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Those dinosaur acts are the best to work for, there is usually only one original member left and everyone else is just hired on for the gig. He’s set in his ways, learn what he wants, do that, and it’s an easy gig.

Lady Gaga is doing stadium tours. Lots of arena acts in the pop world like Taylor Swift, Bieber, etc.

The clubs like house of blues are gonna have a mix of hard rock, punk rock, pop acts. They aren’t indie, they are mostly signed.

Then there’s the hipster coffee house shows. They’ll have the indie acts.
And plus. Do you have any idea what The Stadium Tour was going to bring in? Places were selling out in 30 minutes.

Crue, Leppard, Poison, Jett.

Ticket sales weren’t exclusively GenXers. Lots of Millenials in there as well.

Club Cooloholic

Exactly. This isn't hard. Put up a band shell, and a few drink carts and rake in the cash. Heck you can even rotate locations.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Paid a pretty penny for GnR, then it was cancelled.

Saw GnR a few times. Caught them opening for Motley after Poison got kicked off the tour in Hollywood, FL. (Back in 88 or 89). Appetite hadn't broken yet. A lot of us were really PO'd driving to that concert. Then we heard "It". We all bought the album (or cassette) the day after. Good Times..

Lilofan

Saw GnR a few times. Caught them opening for Motley after Poison got kicked off the tour in Hollywood, FL. (Back in 88 or 89). Appetite hadn't broken yet. A lot of us were really PO'd driving to that concert. Then we heard "It". We all bought the album (or cassette) the day after. Good Times..
At a Orlando resort that Guns N Roses stayed in the early 90s. The stories of Slash , Axl and the groupies they partied with is legendary.

phillip9698

An additional problem is that millennials, as well as members of "gen Z," do not even understand live entertainment. Their idea of a good time is a four-inch screen and an 1/8-inch speaker.

Why should Disney invest in a man playing an instrument (so 20th century) singing songs no kid (i.e, person under 35) knows? Just put up a ScrEEn.

[I teach kids 18-22 for a living, so I know their habits, interests, and skills quite well. Yes, I am 50. Yes, I am grouch. But I am basically right.]

You are 50? Well you know millennials are pushing 40 right? You aren't that much older than us.

Lol at us not understanding live entertainment. This couldn't possibly be a more ignorant take. So because someone knows how to use a cell phone they don't enjoy live music? Exactly what are you basing this on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom