Yehaa Bob

noodles

Original Poster
Live-streaming a Disney show on Sunday, April 26th at 6pm ET.

One of my favorite things to do at Disney World is to catch a Yehaa Bob show at Port Orleans. It's like a ritual for my family. I need this!

bunnm09

I really, really hope this is temporary and he’s able to return when Riverside opens back up. Bob is one of the primary reasons we stay at Riverside and he(and John that works in the lounge) has made so many memories for our family over the years.
His show has always been a key part of our trip and this is just heartbreaking for us

UNCgolf

I'm sure he was dumped for the same reason the Grand Floridian Orchestra was dumped, and tons of other entertainment etc. people we haven't heard about yet.

If you're looking at just from a dollars and cents perspective the way current Disney management seems to, they are basically worthless. They made add to the experience for guests, but they aren't driving sales. People are still going to stay at those hotels even without the entertainment, so it doesn't make any sense to keep them around.

I'm not saying I agree with that line of thinking, but I'm sure that's their belief. As long as guests are still spending the money to come/stay, the overall experience isn't that important.

DisneyDebRob

I hope Voices of Liberty at Epcot survive the lay offs.
I hope so also but these are the things that make Disney unique. You can’t find anything like him anywhere. A great man and fantastic entertainer. They are really starting to push things with the cuts. Why not just tell him.. come back when we open RS? Charge a cover to see him. It can be done.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

I'm sure he was dumped for the same reason the Grand Floridian Orchestra was dumped, and tons of other entertainment etc. people we haven't heard about yet.

If you're looking at just from a dollars and cents perspective the way current Disney management seems to, they are basically worthless. They made add to the experience for guests, but they aren't driving sales. People are still going to stay at those hotels even without the entertainment, so it doesn't make any sense to keep them around.

I'm not saying I agree with that line of thinking, but I'm sure that's their belief. As long as guests are still spending the money to come/stay, the overall experience isn't that important.
I agree with that line of thinking but he performed in that bar 4-5 nights a week. If you didn’t get there a hour early you couldn’t get in. That place will not be 25% full now. The loss on alcohol sales should be enough to keep him.

YodaMan

I hope Voices of Liberty at Epcot survive the lay offs.

Disney already mentioned them in regards to holiday offerings at Epcot. While not unheard of, sure would be weird to mention them returning if they were planning to fire them before then.

bunnm09

I disagree with this when it comes to Bob. He 100% makes Riverside money in alcohol sales. You ever seen that lounge when he’s playing? It’s jam packed for hours and the majority in there are ordering drinks. If his show is gone when they reopen there is no way that space is anything more than a quiet place to sit with maybe a handful of people in there at a time

UNCgolf

I agree with that line of thinking but he performed in that bar 4-5 nights a week. If you didn’t get there a hour early you couldn’t get in. That place will not be 25% full now. The loss on alcohol sales should be enough to keep him.

Yeah, that would be the argument to keep him, but I guess they think they'll save more money than they'd lose.

It makes me wonder if they're going to fire all the Jellyrolls performers and shut it down.

UNCgolf

I disagree with this when it comes to Bob. He 100% makes Riverside money in alcohol sales. You ever seen that lounge when he’s playing? It’s jam packed for hours and the majority in there are ordering drinks. If his show is gone when they reopen there is no way that space is anything more than a quiet place to sit with maybe a handful of people in there at a time

Maybe, but if Disney management believed that, he wouldn't be gone.

Unless they're planning to keep Port Orleans closed for a long time.

TrainsOfDisney

Yes I think it would be very unlikely to see anything happen to Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty.
I really hope you are right but I’m guessing after the holidays they will be cut as well.

Yeah, that would be the argument to keep him, but I guess they think they'll save more money than they'd lose.

It makes me wonder if they're going to fire all the Jellyrolls performers and shut it down.

Jellyrolls is not owned by Disney. Maybe the last place to see live music on property one day.

cmwade77

The problem is they aren't spending the money to stay there and these cost cutting measures are precisely why. Honestly, right now I don't think I would go to Disney World in its present state with so little entertainment, I am currently much more apt to using RCI and going to Silver Dollar City at the moment given the incredible amount of entertainment they have. And we are DVC members, we did have annual passes to both DL and WDW when this mess started, but honestly, the entertainment is a large part of why we go and if it is elsewhere, we will go there.

We live in California, so we will be going to Knott's more with all of the entertainment they have added (mostly people let go from Disney), of course that was before COVID, but I expect a return in the near future of the entertainment there. Disneyland will likely see less of our business as well, since we were on the payment plan, I had called to extend our annual passes at DL, I don't know if they got it noted right or not, but if they didn't, I may not push it after seeing how much entertainment is being cut at WDW.

bunnm09

Maybe, but if Disney management believed that, he wouldn't be gone.

Unless they're planning to keep Port Orleans closed for a long time.
I’m assuming these furloughs are all the result of the limit on furlough time coming up and they had to lay them off or bring them back. I really hope with Bob he’s brought back when Riverside opens back up. It just won’t be the same without him

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom