Yehaa Bob

Imo it's easy sit here and assume, to us it looks like disney is an evil company. However, none of us are in the meetings. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe he didn't want a transfer, maybe it was his choice to leave. While I never really cared to watch him, a loss is a loss.

MouseDreaming

Although I agree in principle that he should be performing in another resort, I don't think the style of show is particularly feasible with Covid. Singing has been shown to project aerosols further so the crowds shouldn't be joining in with songs, also they will need to remain seated and distanced which isn't really in the spirit of the show.
He is probably capable of doing a "quieter" show where everyone remains quieter and seated at their socially distanced tables, but it wouldn't be the same.
that, and there may be a legitimate concern over the use of wind instruments and singers. If many can’t perform while wearing a mask, and there’s a famous study of that inside choir that social distanced where everyone still got sick.
While I agree with you both, you are forgetting. Everything goes in Florida, now. Although Disney is keeping some precautions/restrictions, it is not the state telling it to do so.

Jon81uk

While I agree with you both, you are forgetting. Everything goes in Florida, now. Although Disney is keeping some precautions/restrictions, it is not the state telling it to do so.

I don't think anyone suggested it was the state mandating no singing audiences. But if Disney are taking steps to discourage it, then it is the right thing to do.

Minnesota disney fan

I disagree with this when it comes to Bob. He 100% makes Riverside money in alcohol sales. You ever seen that lounge when he’s playing? It’s jam packed for hours and the majority in there are ordering drinks. If his show is gone when they reopen there is no way that space is anything more than a quiet place to sit with maybe a handful of people in there at a time

And, alot of guests from other resorts made the trip just to see Bob's show. That brought in more people to snack, eat, drink, and check out the resort. Plus POR has the best resort store in wDW, IMO. It's sad that the magical touches that were free are now disappearing. I hope the WDcompany realizes that people return to WDW time and time again due to these touches.

Lilofan

And, alot of guests from other resorts made the trip just to see Bob's show. That brought in more people to snack, eat, drink, and check out the resort. Plus POR has the best resort store in wDW, IMO. It's sad that the magical touches that were free are now disappearing. I hope the WDcompany realizes that people return to WDW time and time again due to these touches.
WDW has a new President that came from non guest facing role. Perhaps the cast that are impacted didn't really sink in that guests will feel the impact. Hopefully if things get better, the laid off cast can be recalled.

castlecake2.0

Imo it's easy sit here and assume, to us it looks like disney is an evil company. However, none of us are in the meetings. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe he didn't want a transfer, maybe it was his choice to leave. While I never really cared to watch him, a loss is a loss.

I was thinking the same for him and the GF orchestra, these guys are mostly close to retirement, and Disney potentially could have given them the nudge in that direction.

TrainsOfDisney

I was thinking the same for him and the GF orchestra, these guys are mostly close to retirement, and Disney potentially could have given them the nudge in that direction.
They have both made it clear on their public Facebook pages that Disney made the decision.

Equity Ben did frame it as though he may have made the decision, but didn’t say either way.

With these decisions it is very clear that the Disney World you remembered will not be coming back. Enjoy the voices and Main Street philharmonic while you can if you are able to visit soon.

JIMINYCR

Of all the Disney things theyve done away with ... THIS bothers me more than anything. Yee Haa Bob was the most entertaining person you could find at Disney. No matter what time you entered the room you were included into the banter and got an entertaining show. i always looked forward to attending, multiple times as well on the same trip, and every trip I hoped to see him perform and dreaded the day he might retire. Now its not his call but Disneys. What a way to treat someone who put so many years into adding to their guests enjoyment.

The_Jobu

Aw, that is unfortunate. Was planning to see him for the first time this year before I had to cancel. Wont get to see him at all now. Hope he lands on his feet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Although I agree in principle that he should be performing in another resort, I don't think the style of show is particularly feasible with Covid. Singing has been shown to project aerosols further so the crowds shouldn't be joining in with songs, also they will need to remain seated and distanced which isn't really in the spirit of the show.
He is probably capable of doing a "quieter" show where everyone remains quieter and seated at their socially distanced tables, but it wouldn't be the same.
I’m saying hold onto him until it’s safe to preform again. It’s TWDC not a small office.

mdcpr

And, alot of guests from other resorts made the trip just to see Bob's show. That brought in more people to snack, eat, drink, and check out the resort. Plus POR has the best resort store in wDW, IMO. It's sad that the magical touches that were free are now disappearing. I hope the WDcompany realizes that people return to WDW time and time again due to these toucheN

WDW has a new President that came from non guest facing role. Perhaps the cast that are impacted didn't really sink in that guests will feel the impact. Hopefully if things get better, the laid off cast can be recalled.
None of these touches were free--customers are paying for this as part of the experience. Is WDW lowering their prices now that there's less of everything? Probably not.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney should have invested in the entertainment staff and created Disney+ content. Use imagineers, entertainment tech.’s and performers like yeehaw Bob, Orchestra, Dapper Dans etc. to create unique material for Disney+ that is entertaining and helps to advertise the parks.

Don’t stop there, use the orchestra in Florida to score a custom short created by Disney or Pixar animation.

In other words... LEAD the company to the future. Don’t CUT the company down to the bare bones.

Lilofan

Disney should have invested in the entertainment staff and created Disney+ content. Use imagineers, entertainment tech.’s and performers like yeehaw Bob, Orchestra, Dapper Dans etc. to create unique material for Disney+ that is entertaining and helps to advertise the parks.

Don’t stop there, use the orchestra in Florida to score a custom short created by Disney or Pixar animation.

In other words... LEAD the company to the future. Don’t CUT the company down to the bare bones.
Imagineers are also being trimmed down. 411 of them who work at the Glendale location have been axed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom