Yehaa Bob

Communicora

Premium Member
Those dinosaur acts are the best to work for, there is usually only one original member left and everyone else is just hired on for the gig. He’s set in his ways, learn what he wants, do that, and it’s an easy gig.

Lady Gaga is doing stadium tours. Lots of arena acts in the pop world like Taylor Swift, Bieber, etc.

The clubs like house of blues are gonna have a mix of hard rock, punk rock, pop acts. They aren’t indie, they are mostly signed.

Then there’s the hipster coffee house shows. They’ll have the indie acts.
Ahem! I can't let this Taylor Swift slander stand. 😂 She does stadium tours. Her last tour was the highest grossing US tour. As you might imagine, the crowd was mainly young women in their 20s.

TrainsOfDisney

Ahem! I can't let this Taylor Swift slander stand. 😂 She does stadium tours. Her last tour was the highest grossing US tour. As you might imagine, the crowd was mainly young women in their 20s.
My bad! I have a friend who kept trying to get on Taylor’s tours doing merch. If she’s doing stadiums now I know why! $$$

But yes, that just adds to the point Millennials and younger are going out to stadiums just as they’ve done for decades.

DisneyDebRob

You ever try to get a seat even 15 minutes before Yehaa went on? Impossible (or you had to be very lucky). The amount of overpriced booze he generated at that bar was amazing. I did see quite a few millennials at his shows.
15 minutes??? I arrived there many times 45 minutes to a hour out and couldn’t get in. He was not only a great performer and a fun night out, he made Disney a lot of money.

TrainsOfDisney

Didn't this guy have charges against him for sexual assault? Is that also a factor in laying him off?
If I recall correctly... He was accused online of inappropriately placing his hand somewhere during a photo op. Disney management looked into it, and he kept his job. I don’t think the acuasation, if true and intentional, could be defined as assault but I’m not sure what the laws are. Either way, this had nothing to do with that, he was laid off with the grand Floridian orchestra, Polynesian entertainment, and hoop dee doo, as well as many other cm’s.

TrainsOfDisney

Couldn't get a seat. Just listened and enjoyed from a distance.
Same. I used to be amused at the guests in the back on the couches who would tell me I was standing in their way and they couldn’t see. I’m like... half the room is standing and hollering every 5 seconds and I’m the problem? Lol.

Whenever I could get a table I enjoyed ordering a drink from John or Holly. They were the best.

wannabeBelle

This popped up on my facebook feed this morning. The ending weekend of another great act. Slightly different intro music though.

Last edited:

Kkar

This, exactly this. Folks let's get this straight. Yee Ha Bob was NOT cut due to Covid only. It didnt help matters any, but the entertainment cast members who were cut this year very well may have been on the chopping block anyhow. I dont know anyone who can tell me that one way or the other.
What I do know for a fact is that over the last number of years, 6 for me as that is when it starting hitting home with the termination of Off Kilter, MoRockin' World Showcase players and some others, the following year with the termination of Mulch, Sweat & Shears, and others, etc. Disney has been getting rid of some of the great entertainment that could be found in the parks and resorts. 6 years ago, Covid was not impacting the parks, so what was the excuse then? Oh yes they wanted something new. The following year Mulch was terminated and no replacement was ever forthcoming. Some people I know had speculated at the time that this was due to the up and coming streetmosphere for Galaxy's Edge. Well we see how that has gone.
I get the whole issue with Covid right now, but this goes back much further than that with Disney making some cuts to entertainment for YEARS before this became a thing. If the cuts were only being done this year, I wouldnt have a problem saying that this is due to the current situation and that the great entertainment that I have always loved will be returning to WDW as soon as things stabilize. However Disney has shown this to not be the case based on the history. Disney can do better and should. I understand that things arent going to get back to normal immediately due to the virus.
I will tell you that I think people are watching to see the value of where they spend their hard earned vacation dollars. Rides are great and all, but the stand out moments for me are the interaction with the cast members, particularly in Entertainment for me. I dont recall the last time I rode on Dumbo, but TOTALLY remember the last shows on Off Kilter and Mulch, Sweat & Shears. Even happier memories of ringing in New Year's Eve a year or two before that with Mulch. Doing mass singalongs with the Off Kilter fans during the night shows for the band, which were always a little wilder, Dancing around in the Osbourne Lights while Mulch played. Singing along with Leon the Piano Player in the Rose and Crown, Signing Sweet Caroline or the Devil Went Down to Georgia with Jason and Billy at Scat Cats in POFQ. I could go on but you get the idea. THIS is what I want back. Days when we couldnt even figure out where we wanted to be as entertainment was so plentiful, that we had to decide which we wanted to go see!!!
I hope that Disney can do better going forward, but I fear they will not. Marie
Regarding the GFSO, we could see the writing on the wall awhile ago. When they removed them from the balcony, then put them in that awkward corner by the lobby entrance, I remember thinking "this is how they're going to phase them out". First, take them away from "front and center", make them less relevant, then pull the plug. COVID may have just accelerated the timeline a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom