Year of a Million Dreams Giveaways

DizneyPryncess

I've never won an official prize from the Dream Squad but I have had a few magical moments in the past few years there...

1. Free congratulations Mickey cake at The Garden Grille in Epcot when I got engaged.
2. Got a table when we had no reservations & a free appetizer at Garden Grill in Epcot for wearing our bride/groom mouse ears. (Different trip! The girl at the front said she always finds room for those w/the ears on!)
3. Friends of mine got to drive the monorail (I missed out, I wanted to stay in the park, so jealous!)
4. Lots of "special attention" from characters like getting pulled out of long line waits & having them "pretend to propose", and things like that, all because of some brides ears and a button. And that was all just for engagement stuff - can't wait for the honeymoon!

Leianne

I am so excited to share ours, I haven't read anyone else having won this:

My BF, his brother, and his mother and I were all herding into the Lights, Motors, Action arena; and there were some cast members calling for 4 excited people. I shouted back, "We are four excited people!" And they took us aside and brought us to a seperate entrance, and we got to sit in directors chairs, and be the "directors" of the show. They brought a camera over to our seating area, and we were on the huge screen and started the show by saying "Lights, Motors, Action!" We got a certificate and it was an awesome memory. We always to go back to the show to see who else got to be chosen, and think about how much fun they are having too!

We leave tommorow for another trip, wish us luck!

bayoumoon

On our first trip to the World 2/07 we were awarded a private Limo ride from our resort to the airport. We were very sad to leave, but man what a way to go:). We were sitting outside at CSR waiting for the ME to come take us away when a lovely lady (Karen) offered us a private limo ride as part of the Year of a Million Dreams. She was standing near by and I guess she heard us talking about how sad it was for us to have to go home and how we couldn't wait to come back and why did it take us thirty plus years to come in the first place here we were to adults acting like five year olds "I don't want to go home" she made even our exit magical.

I also got picked to sit on stage during part of Flights of Wonder at AK and was lucky enough to be picked to be one of the twelve citizens of Cairo during the Indy show (I was a screamer) not that those were "dreams" but it sure was extra magical to me.:D

mrscricket

When we were picked it was two adults (in age only)

:ROFLOL:

It just seems like they would pick people that would have the most impact.

Last time I went last august, there were 10 of us and all the posts on this that I have read ( i not read all of them) were in small groups.

I've heard of college kids getting the castle prize before so I dont think its just the cute kid criteria. A few people at another WDW forum have won the prize too (or been part of the winners group anyways)

We've only been once during the YOAMD and last year I dont recall winning anything other than the certificate for winning the UK quiz at World Showcase England

I got close to some Dream ears in Typhoon Lagoon. Was lounging nearby the Crush n Gusher and saw people coming out with hats, thought it was a little weird and then a few moments later realised the dream team must be about giving out hats at the exit. Made an EPIC baywatch dive into the pool and swam real quick. Alas the last hat went as I got to the walkway. I was a little crest fallen but I got after it after taking a quick trip to the wave pool and castaway creek.

I also got one of the YOAMD pins unwittingly off a CM in a trade later on in my trip. one of the "My dream came true" motifs with Donald and Goofy in their special YOAMD suits.

Other than that I havent been too bothered, it sure would be nice to win the castle or something like that but I'm just happy being at Disney for the most part. Also looking foward to my first character meal this year (I'm actually sort of excited about this even though I'm 20, I'm such a big kid lol)

Ilovewishes

My DH and I have won the lanyards w/ pins twice. The first time was March 07 on TOT as we left the video room. The second time was last September and was a really nice pick me up as it was our last day. We'd just checked our bags in with Virgin at the Downtown Disney depot and were feeling really depressed when these two really bubbly CMs came bouncing over and gave us the lanyards. It put a smile on my face again as at least I would be taking a bit of the magic home with me!

Last October me and my friend were on the single rider line for Everest and just when I was about to go on a CM told everyone who was about to get on the next train that they were filming a promotion for YOMD. He said that if you didn't want to be on film, they would give you a fastpass to return later. I decided to go on and when the ride was over, there was a member of the dream squad giving the entire train dream fastpasses and a huge camera crew filming it all. Since I was on the single rider line, my best friend was on a different train and the CM was very nice to give me and extra dream fastpass for my friend.

On a side note, a co-worker of mine actually won a night in the castle. (I'm so jealous, but I was happy for him)

He said he won right when he entered the MK when it just opened. He was holding his neice. I'm going to see if he'll let me post pictures...

mrscricket

He said he won right when he entered the MK when it just opened. He was holding his neice. I'm going to see if he'll let me post pictures...

that would be really good if we had pics. what do you get when your up there? is it just a night there or do you get like VIP service or anything like that?

Kwit35

I feel like such a looser. I have been to the parks a couple time in the past year and I send in my little postcard everyday. I have NEVER won anything.
When you win by mail, do they notify you somehow? Or does the prize just show up?

Disneyfalcon

I feel like such a looser. I have been to the parks a couple time in the past year and I send in my little postcard everyday. I have NEVER won anything.
When you win by mail, do they notify you somehow? Or does the prize just show up?

The prize just shows up. When did you start sending them in? I haven't heard anyone say they've gotten a 2008 prize by mail yet.

WildLodgeFan

Well, you might say that we're buying it by going 6-7 times a year, and forking over half our salary to Disney!!

ROFL :ROFLOL:!!!!!!

So true, we only treat ourselves every 4 years, but then I would think I would be due for some really good luck. Though I have to admit on our last trip in 2004 - we had some of the most awesome seats for Hoop De Do and 2nd row seats for La Nouba - absolutely an amazing show you have to splurge on at least once!

MissM

In my case, I had a knock at the door. It was the US Post Office mailman with a registered box for me. I had to sign for it. The return label was "Dream Team c/o WDW" and inside was the Mickey ears with a card informing me I was a winner in the Year of a Million Dreams contest. It simply showed up out of the blue, without any advance notice. Oh and it came a few months after I had stopped sending in postcards. (I had run out of stamps and never picked any more back up.)

That was 2007 though. I've not won anything in the second year of the contest so far. I've seen the new hats on people in the parks, but I haven't heard of anyone winning through the mail so far for 2008 either. Then again, since there seems to be at least a two-month delay between entering and the prize arriving, maybe they just haven't gotten to people yet.
-m

kc1296426

Keep sending the postcards in, it's equivalent to actually being in the parks having a chance to win something. There is always a delay with the mail in entries but I find you have more chances winning by sending a mail in.

DizneyPryncess

Keep in mind that the address for postcards for 2008 is different from the address for 2007. It took me 3 months to figure this out, because for some reason they didn't get forwarded back to me until a few weeks ago! The P.O Box changed, everything else is the same.

I'm sure everyone here knows that already - I was just a little slow figuring it out :snore:

Kwit35

Thanks for the information. I started sending the cards in (to the new address ;) ) a few months ago. I guess we will all keep our fingers crossed for each other. I need a Disney fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom