Year of a Million Dreams Giveaways

BensMum

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here. I've been reading the site for ages and thought it was about time I joined in the fun.
We were visiting the Studios last November and I went along to the Cars meet & greet. We'd been there a couple of days earlier and seen L McQueen, but our 7 year old son Ben was disappointed that Mater wasn't there that day. I went ahead of my hubby and son and asked a CM if Mater was there today as my son was a fan. She said she he'd been out earlier and she was pretty sure he'd be there again. I promptly went to get my hubby and son and 10 minutes later we were at the back of a line of 20 or so people. The CM I had been speaking to earlier came over and started chatting to us. She asked my son if he liked the Cars characters and he told her that Mater was his favourite. He then proceeded to show her his Mater impersonation (at the time he had 2 big front teeth with a gap in the middle which he draped over his bottom lip. This blew the CM away and she asked him if he'd like to be a member of the pit crew and lead out Lightening & Mater for the meet and greet. He was taken to the end of the street where he was given a jacket and headset to wear and a checked flag to carry. His face was a picture as he got to do a slow walk up the street, waving the flag, with Lightening and Mater following him. We then got a few minutes for some brilliant photos. My son got his certificate saying the Dream Squad had made him a member of the Junior Pit Crew.

Tinkerbella16

Haven't won anthing yet :(. And we havent even seen anyone around us win anything, while at the parks.

Just being there is a dream in itself and is enough for us, but it would be nice. :)

gardenia

My family has been extremely lucky in the "dream" department. We've been to Disney 3 times in the last year and won something each time.

Wow. You are LUCKY. We are Florida residents and we go 6-7 times a year, for about 4 days each trip, and we've never even SEEN a dream team. However, I can't complain, because in May of last year we were upgraded for free from a regular MK view at the Contemporary to a 14th floor, one bedroom suite on the corner nearest MK. It was probably due to overbooking, not YOAMD, but nonetheless it was amazing!

WildLodgeFan

Wow. You are LUCKY. We are Florida residents and we go 6-7 times a year, for about 4 days each trip, and we've never even SEEN a dream team. However, I can't complain, because in May of last year we were upgraded for free from a regular MK view at the Contemporary to a 14th floor, one bedroom suite on the corner nearest MK. It was probably due to overbooking, not YOAMD, but nonetheless it was amazing!

Okay, where can i buy this luck folks! :drevil:

Grumpy-Fan

We were given DFP`s at AK our last visit. We were at Rafikis Planet Watch. We were both very excited. The only thing was, everything was a walk-on that day. At my wifes request, we used one for Dinosaur, I believe we actually lost three spaces in line by doing so.:lol: That`s OK, it was just super cool getting one and it makes a very cool souvenir!:sohappy:

Disney_Belle

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here. I've been reading the site for ages and thought it was about time I joined in the fun.
We were visiting the Studios last November and I went along to the Cars meet & greet. We'd been there a couple of days earlier and seen L McQueen, but our 7 year old son Ben was disappointed that Mater wasn't there that day. I went ahead of my hubby and son and asked a CM if Mater was there today as my son was a fan. She said she he'd been out earlier and she was pretty sure he'd be there again. I promptly went to get my hubby and son and 10 minutes later we were at the back of a line of 20 or so people. The CM I had been speaking to earlier came over and started chatting to us. She asked my son if he liked the Cars characters and he told her that Mater was his favourite. He then proceeded to show her his Mater impersonation (at the time he had 2 big front teeth with a gap in the middle which he draped over his bottom lip. This blew the CM away and she asked him if he'd like to be a member of the pit crew and lead out Lightening & Mater for the meet and greet. He was taken to the end of the street where he was given a jacket and headset to wear and a checked flag to carry. His face was a picture as he got to do a slow walk up the street, waving the flag, with Lightening and Mater following him. We then got a few minutes for some brilliant photos. My son got his certificate saying the Dream Squad had made him a member of the Junior Pit Crew.

That is priceless!!! What a great story!!!

And welcome to the boards! :wave:

Disneykidder

Welcome Bensmum!:wave:

I have won 2 pairs of ears bymail. While there we were in the Woody parade show near BTMR, my hubby got free popcorn and a few free drinks.:)

Grim Grinner

My wife and I both won lanyard sets while walking through the fountain outside of Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. Actually, I won at first and pulled my wife in with me so she'd win too!

All the time the Dream Team kept asking us if we were Cast Members, of course which we were not.

Another time, I almost won a big prize... I was about to walk out of the toy store when the wife pulled me back in to look at a gift for one of our friends. The lady who walked out instead of me was great by a team with a monitor. Whatever it was that she won caused her to start screaming in joy.

So close...

Tinkrbell

We were given DFP`s at AK our last visit. We were at Rafikis Planet Watch. We were both very excited. The only thing was, everything was a walk-on that day. At my wifes request, we used one for Dinosaur, I believe we actually lost three spaces in line by doing so.:lol: That`s OK, it was just super cool getting one and it makes a very cool souvenir!:sohappy:
That's where I got my Dream FastPass. We didnt use any of them, though because we were on our way out of the park for the day. We onyl really do the safari & nemo musical at AK & we had already done the safari twice that morning & we saw the nemo musical earlier in the day (I dont think there was a fp for it though)

LoriMistress

Won 2 Dream FPs (once at MGM & once at AK).

Won Dream landyard and pins at AK.

We also got some other perks like having first dibs in the American Pavillion show, etc.

EPCOT Explorer

I never won anything from YOAMD.:cry:

Did have a birthday Magical Moment at the American Adventure where I got a certificate "preferred seating" and being honnored as the First Familly announced at the beginning of the show.:D That was cool.

britlightyear

My family won MK fastpasses after riding HM in Jan '07. However the whole park was so empty that day we only used it on BTMRR. But it was still cool getting it and it is an excellent addition to our scrapbook!

disney21

My cousins were chosen to ride Dumbo with Mickey and Mickey @ night , on our first day in the parks... It was so much fun!... Mickey and Mickey held my cousins hands (16 & 12) while they walked over to the ride and they were mobbed by people! It was like being with celebrities in the park. Afterwords my cousins got to take pictures with them and were given many free Disney pins. (i think they got around 10)... good times :king:

kc1296426

On a cold, empty day at Typhoon Lagoon (like only 10 families were in the park, it was freezing cold) I won dream ears after getting off Crush n' Gusher. They ended up giving me like 50 more of those ears, because they had no use for them since I was like one of the 3 people to get them that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom