Ye Olde Epcot Photos..

Shadowdawn

Here's the concrete cake from summer of 1987

retro_0001.jpg

YES YES YES! I don't know why but I loved this thing.

jeffb

I've been scouring the web tonight looking for photos of Epcot of areas i've never seen, dont recall, or havent seen in years.

Merf - have you looked on FLICKR - I have stumbled on a number of good EPCOT Center shots over the past year on FLICKR.

dixiegirl

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Horizons "choose your own ending" effects..

http://www.kesigndesign.com/code/horizon1.htm

Mousemerf....My I say you constantly amaze me how you come up with stuff!!! I love seeing the old Vintage pics of Any Walt Disney World Park and resort..I and know Im not the only one feel when I went as a kid , there is so much I took for granted and really don't remember when I went to disney at the age of 12 for the first time..So seeing old pics and video ..I love it!!!

dixiegirl

Here's the concrete cake from summer of 1987

retro_0001.jpg

and the topiary cake from MK for good measure

retro_0009.jpg

Ok I recently was going through pics at mom's house and came across a pic of me near the topiary cake at Mk but with a 200 on top....mom was clueless, anyone have a clue??? I googled it and came up with them celebrating their 200 millionth guest but no pics....any help would be great!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, it`s been nagging me in all its geekness - the Communicore `playground` picture. I think I`ve got it.

CCore area NW102 - Communicore West - in FutureCom. The photo was taken with the plaza windows / SSE behind the camera, looking towards the direction of The Land. In the top right you can just see part of the Fountain of Information - the handrail gave it away. Only the Fountain of Info ramp had the white tube atop the solid wall. All other low level walls were either just solid or had the tube atop a glass wall. Top left is some of the truss that surrounded the AT&T Intelligent Network (the display is off to the left of the image)

By 1990 this space had become "OnLine, The World at Your Fingertips" - once the consumer internet was future-near.

Lee

Adventurer
CCore area NW102 - Communicore West - in FutureCom. The photo was taken with the plaza windows / SSE behind the camera, looking towards the direction of The Land. In the top right you can just see part of the Fountain of Information - the handrail gave it away. Only the Fountain of Info ramp had the white tube atop the solid wall. All other low level walls were either just solid or had the tube atop a glass wall. Top left is some of the truss that surrounded the AT&T Intelligent Network (the display is off to the left of the image)

Sometimes......................Martin scares me a little bit.:lookaroun

:wave:

Has anyone read his book, Building a better mouse?
Yep. It's pretty good.

:animwink: Great pictures, love the classic picturs of the parks. I was on that bus
when I was there in 1985. The one picture of the girl coming out of the maze was taken in the Imagination Pavilion, when you walked in the door on the original design of the pavilion, you walked down the ramp and it was in the center of the main section. The maze was set up to look like a big computer chip.

Again great pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom