Ye Olde Epcot Photos..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I've been scouring the web tonight looking for photos of Epcot of areas i've never seen, dont recall, or havent seen in years.

Anyone got any good contributions?

Here's what I found so far..

The old flag pole and pre-Innoventions plaza.

1515555799_882636fa1d_b_d.jpg

Epcot Computer Central:

1515554419_197e05882f_b_d.jpg

And the old entrance to World of Motion...

273234334_822de38dce_b_d.jpg

echoscot

Wow, merf, those are great. Too bad my pics are in storage or I would post some I have of the opening events. That flagpole one was even before the fountain structures that were put in place for Splashtacular.

Shadowdawn

I remember there was a game in the Computer Center that required you to move chemicals from one table to another in a certain order or they would become unstable and blow up. Well I spent most of my childhood trying to get that game right and I finally did it a few months before I moved up north. Most of my best memories come from growing up in those parks.

Does anyone remember the concrete birthday cake they put up in the entrance plaza near the old fountain in front of SSE? I would love to see a picture of that.

Horizons1

WHOA! Communicore plaza really was listening to the land. That's just amazing, and quite a contrast to what we have today.

TheDisneyMagic

Great find there, looking forward to see what everyone comes up with, I am going to have a dig around tomorrow and see if I can find anything.

Pirate665

Wow, merf, those are great. Too bad my pics are in storage or I would post some I have of the opening events. That flagpole one was even before the fountain structures that were put in place for Splashtacular.

Might be able to find mine from opening day, if they're still backed up on the other computer...

>Steve

echoscot

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Horizons "choose your own ending" effects..

http://www.kesigndesign.com/code/horizon1.htm

That was really cool, except he blocked the videos:( I was really hoping to see the old ending videos. He said the Desert sequence was the best and I agree that was the one I always chose (well after seeing all three of them), but the people I rode with inevitably wanted the Space ending.

echoscot

I don't know, I thought the Haunted Mansion refurb was pretty grand. I also think Everest is a pretty spectacular and grand attraction.

I just read on another forum that the ending to SSE is getting a pretty major overhaul on its brief respite before official opening day...Judi Densch will invite us to discover our own future as we help to find Captain Jack Sparrow who is in his own time machine vehicle...

baz212

EPCOT pics from summer of 1985

World of Motion
retro_0026.jpg

retro_0027.jpg

retro_0028.jpg

And I'm pretty sure this was at EPCOT, but I'm not sure where. Can anyone help?
retro_0029.jpg

jeffb

Baz212 - great EPCOT Center pictures, they bring back some great memories. I also enjoyed your MSEP shots on the picture of the day thread.

baz212

Baz212 - great EPCOT Center pictures, they bring back some great memories. I also enjoyed your MSEP shots on the picture of the day thread.
Thanks. My dad took all of the pictures except the ones he was in since I was five and seven on those trips.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've been scouring the web tonight looking for photos of Epcot of areas i've never seen, dont recall, or havent seen in years.

Anyone got any good contributions?
Oh, a couple of thousand!! :D

Baz212; the Communicore photo is great. A playground... Got me stumped! I`d hazzard an educated guess and say it was in FutureCom, looking at the displays in the background. I want to say CCore SW, in the never-used TRON Arcade space pre Expo-Robotics (opened in 1988) but the sloping ramp in the bg should have windows behind it, not displays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom