Y'all should ...

Taylor

I am under the impression that Carsland is most likely still on its way, but that TDO is being kept out of the decision making process. Now that Burbank is aware of the softening occupancy rate problem the finger pointing has begun. And TDO is taking a beating in the halls in Burbank.
Was TDO about to quit on DHS?

bubbles1812

I am under the impression that Carsland is most likely still on its way, but that TDO is being kept out of the decision making process. Now that Burbank is aware of the softening occupancy rate problem the finger pointing has begun. And TDO is taking a beating in the halls in Burbank.

Its rather sad that they only just now realized that their occupancy rate has stagnated... I hate to hear that there is infighting and that's what is delaying the approval of some big stuff, but at least I can hope at the end of up, they realize it's probably time for some change in management and that some major stuff needs to be done to fix problems in WDW. I can at least wish right?

PurpleRose

Something fishy this way comes?

I tried to make a joke about napkins to the comment earlier about how much worse can it get but every time I tried, my explorer force closed on me. Guess Disney is trying to send me a message through my computer. ;)

djlaosc

Three weeks ... you UKers sure have it easy!!!

Seriously, though, aren't you at all bored with WDW spending so much time there?

We did three weeks last time that we were there (as well as the two times before that), but we didn't just do WDW - we've always done the 3 main companies.

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Downtown Disney
DisneyQuest
Fantasia Gardens
WinterSummerland
T-REX Cafe (worst meal of the entire holiday)
Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Universal Studios Orlando
Islands of Adventure
Universal CityWalk Shops (should get to try the clubs next time)
SeaWorld Orlando (Labor Day Weekend so we could see the nighttime shows)
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Discovery Cove
Aquatica Orlando (best water park out of the three)
Kennedy Space Center
Mall at Millenia
Orlando Premium Outlets International Drive
Orlando Premium Outlets Vineland Avenue
Some time by the pool

djlaosc

Quite possibly the worst meal in Florida, not counting that guy who ate someone's face off under a bridge in Miami (and, let's face it, even that may have been better than the food at T-Rex).

Obviously, being British, I went for the fish and chips (was possibly the only thing that I would have eaten on the menu) - quite probably the worst fish and chips that I have ever had (although the ones I had at Cookes of Dublin back in 2007 (I think?), and in a restaurant (I think quick service) beside Jaws at Universal back in 2002 or 2005 (I think?) were horrible as well. In fact, until this last holiday in 2011, the only place where I've had good fish and chips in Orlando was at the Rose & Crown (2002), and Yorkshire County Fish Shop (2002, 2005, 2007) - but in 2011, they weren't nice either (very greasy) - maybe because Harry Ramsden's name has been removed from the sign/has nothing to do with it anymore - is it back to just Disney fish - which is not that nice whenever I've had it (at the hotels, Columbia Harbor House, etc.)

The only place that I had nice fish and chips last holiday was at The Three Broomsticks at WWOHP in IOA.

mgf

Okay. The secrets out. I couldn't hint anymore about fish. Fish. Mermaid. Geddit?

Any chance the relatively early soft-open (over a month before passholder previews) has something to do with trying to get UNI to blink before the December presser?

From Disney's perspective it seems that building early buzz over FLE is preferable to risking it being overshadowed by your own upcoming announcements. Sort of like: "Yeah, we know this is cool, but it is no longer cool enough to be treated as the main event. You all loved FLE in October and now (in December) we give you _______." They might also hope that UNI sees FLE (rightfully) as "that's it?" and decides to trump the opening with a Transformers announcement. Then Disney could adjust it's December announcement to be more substantial (ie CL, MI) if needed without directly downplaying FLE.

OR might Disney try to spin this to be more Disney Decade-esqu saying, "We just gave you TT, then FLE, and now we give you new shows at DHS, and soon we will give you CL/MI. We keep adding because we are awesome, not because we have to."

M.rudolf

If California thinks so little of TDO that they're keeping them out of the final decision-making, then how in the world does Meg keep earning promotions?
Meg is basically out of the loop now, she's a figurehead that will be replaced very soon. TDO has screwed the pooch enough so it really is time for some else to make vital decisions.
And please don't take my comments about meg to be in disrespect, she is ill and this is one of the few times I will give her an excuse.

M.rudolf

Everyone here has there own agenda. Is their infighting going on now, yes, it's not as bad as it has been before, though. Have things cooled on Carsland or mi absolutely not. The only thing that has cooled off is avatar,deep freeze cool. Disney is in a really bad position right now revenue is cooling, next year they don't have a tent pole as large as avengers, and resorts are down, they now know they have to have some follow thru. Disney is now at their crossroads, they now are realizing next-gen isn't the answer and they have too react. Usually there are very few solid rumors, but at this time there are credible people that are chatting a lot more than usual. Things are happening, it just takes time. Am I optimistic, yes. Would I put money on a lot of the things written here or that I'm hearing,no only Carsland at this point. I'm not trying to do my JT04 impression, he's 9 times out of 10 talking thru an orifice other than his mouth, but things are starting to get a little clearer and I may not like all the upcoming changes in corporate but if they get the job done I'll be happy as a clam.
100% certain will happen Carsland and MI
60% certain after cars something to do with Lucas Indy/star wars possibly both

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom