Y'all should ...

bubbles1812

I'm honestly just annoyed by it all. One person is absolutely for sure it's coming, then another is saying it may be coming, then someone else is saying it'll never come and cycle just keeps rotating. Everyone's getting jumpy and excited for something that hasn't even been announced yet. I just find it irritating.

I understand your feelings but I mean, what you just described is something that happens constantly with a lot of different things. But maybe that just means you've found a place on the forum where you don't want to "hang out" as much? Sorry not saying you should "leave" by any means. Just saying there will always be more of these type debates here and its no fun to feel irritated that way. I think its ok personally to be excited for it when I think all of the trusted sources on here say it has a high probability of coming.

bubbles1812

Right. It's upsetting. I'm really disappointed with the way they've been dealing with Avatar Land. I'll admit I wasn't super excited to hear Avatar was coming to Disney, but I was pretty excited to see the concept artwork. Now if just seems to have fallen by the wayside, like a lot of things do at Disney. It's just so disappointing.

I would agree it is disappointing the way Disney often handles things and I do hope for change. Maybe with a change in management but even then I doubt it. That's the way things go at Disney these days...things fall by the way side...

Californian Elitist

I understand your feelings but I mean, what you just described is something that happens constantly with a lot of different things. But maybe that just means you've found a place on the forum where you don't want to "hang out" as much? Sorry not saying you should "leave" by any means. Just saying there will always be more of these type debates here and its no fun to feel irritated that way. I think its ok personally to be excited for it when I think all of the trusted sources on here say it has a high probability of coming.

No, you're right. I need a break. A long, long one. I just don't want people getting their hopes up and being disappointed in the end.

I'll be hanging around the Disneyland forum, as usual, but the other forums may not be seeing me for a little bit. Break time starts... Now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm honestly just annoyed by it all. One person is absolutely for sure it's coming, then another is saying it may be coming, then someone else is saying it'll never come and cycle just keeps rotating. Everyone's getting jumpy and excited for something that hasn't even been announced yet. I just find it irritating.

Has anyone with any credibility said that it definitely isn't happening?

DznyRktekt

No, you're right. I need a break. A long, long one. I just don't want people getting their hopes up and being disappointed in the end.

I'll be hanging around the Disneyland forum, as usual, but the other forums may not be seeing me for a little bit. Break time starts... Now.

Raven24,
Don't stay away too long. I like hearing your perspective from The Happiest Place on Earth. :)

Taylor

No! I enjoy talking to you :(

FrankLapidus

If you find that irritating I'm surprised you've lasted so long on this forum :p. I do see what you're saying though, every time I get my hopes up that Avatarland is dead an insider seems to pop up and announce that it lives on. I do enjoy some of the cycles even if their never-ending nature can get frustrating but that seems to be the nature of things at Disney today, indecisiveness reigns supreme.

spacemt354

Chili's

I take everything said by insiders, fans, etc on this site with a grain of salt. Until ground moves and announcements are made, nothing is 100% fact. Everything is always fluid, as is most of life. Not everything goes as planned, not everything turns out the way we want them to, and then sometimes life hands you great surprises out of nowhere. In the meantime though, I think it's fun to speculate based on information we have been provided with. Unless people are speaking out of their you know what's and simply spreading false rumors like "marvel is coming to WDW as the fifth park next year woo!!!" then I think it's fun to debate back and forth about the speculative ideas such as Cars land, Avatar, and others.

It's human nature to jump the gun and get all excited about things that "may" be coming, even though they not concrete fact. I'm guilty of the same thing. And I try not to get too excited, but it's hard since everyone on this site is at heart a disney fan. Although we may all want different things, we all have a love of Disney in common. So yes, it does get a bit annoying, but I certainly wouldn't leave for good. You seem to really like commenting on these forums and I enjoy reading your posts and debating, even if we don't always agree. Maybe just try to not take everything as fact when an insider suggests what might be coming, and then you won't be so annoyed if it doesn't happen. :)

doctornick

How many people championing Cars Land have visited it?

I have and it's fantastic and it makes a ton of sense to bring it to Orlando.

Honestly, the idea of not cloning Cars land would be like Universal not bothering to put Potter in Cali just because "people can save up and travel to Florida if they want to see it". When you have something that is a draw unto itself and a merchandise goldmine, it makes sense to make it accessible to as many potential guests as possible.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I am under the impression that Carsland is most likely still on its way, but that TDO is being kept out of the decision making process. Now that Burbank is aware of the softening occupancy rate problem the finger pointing has begun. And TDO is taking a beating in the halls in Burbank.

That all sounds very much like what I am hearing on all fronts ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Everyone here has there own agenda. Is their infighting going on now, yes, it's not as bad as it has been before, though. Have things cooled on Carsland or mi absolutely not. The only thing that has cooled off is avatar,deep freeze cool. Disney is in a really bad position right now revenue is cooling, next year they don't have a tent pole as large as avengers, and resorts are down, they now know they have to have some follow thru. Disney is now at their crossroads, they now are realizing next-gen isn't the answer and they have too react. Usually there are very few solid rumors, but at this time there are credible people that are chatting a lot more than usual. Things are happening, it just takes time. Am I optimistic, yes. Would I put money on a lot of the things written here or that I'm hearing,no only Carsland at this point. I'm not trying to do my JT04 impression, he's 9 times out of 10 talking thru an orifice other than his mouth, but things are starting to get a little clearer and I may not like all the upcoming changes in corporate but if they get the job done I'll be happy as a clam.
100% certain will happen Carsland and MI
60% certain after cars something to do with Lucas Indy/star wars possibly both

I'll only state that I agree with much of the post above, but my odds are a bit different:

85% sure parts of Carsland and MI coaster will happen;
Less than 50% sure that anything significant with any Lucas property will happen after;

Be very happy to be wrong on both. But I hear there is plenty of behind the scenes battles playing out ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
People are driving themselves crazy over the idea of Cars Land (Gosh, I wish people would get the spelling right. There's a space in between Cars and Land) and no one knows for sure. Relax and wait for a dang announcement and construction. It's no fun watching people going back and forth over the idea and people obsessing over it.

You haven't been here long enough ... obsessing over tiny things and going back and forth is the purpose of these discussion boards, even if it drives you a bit batty.

And when you get to the bigger stuff ... well, it never ends. Take a look at all the new F-land discussions, many of which will simply cover the same territory.

WDW1974

Original Poster

I take them from time to time ... good for the Spirit ... mental health breaks. You need them or any forum like this will drive you insane! But don't stay away too long ... the Spirit likes ya!:)

FrankLapidus

I'll only state that I agree with much of the post above, but my odds are a bit different:

85% sure parts of Carsland and MI coaster will happen;
Less than 50% sure that anything significant with any Lucas property will happen after;

Be very happy to be wrong on both. But I hear there is plenty of behind the scenes battles playing out ...

Is John Lasseter still fighting to keep Cars Land out of WDW? I can barely keep up with all of this speculation anymore.

I too would be very happy to see you proved wrong in regards to anything new regarding Lucas properties :rolleyes:. I really like Star Tours II but the Indy Stunt Show has definitely seen better days.

rle4lunch

I'm stationed in SoCal, and I got the chance to ride RSR and the Tow Mater ride (Flying tires were down), and they were both great. Going into RSR nearly spoiler free, it was a great experience. However, I don't think they should clone it at DHS. Yes, on the money side of it, it's a win-win for WDW, but nearly everything that WDW has brought from DL pales in comparison. They do it 'on the cheap'. Especially with rides like HM, IASW, and POTC, which is sad. With all the room that WDW has, there isn't any excuse other than being tight with their money. If they do put RSR in DHS, I'm 90% sure it'll be shoved into a spot it can barely fit in, and will have a cheap feel to it (WDW IASW anyone?).

I grew up going to WDW and didn't experience DL until I was 30 years old, so it's sad to throw WDW under the bus on this, but it's the truth.

FrankLapidus

They do it 'on the cheap'. Especially with rides like HM, IASW, and POTC, which is sad. With all the room that WDW has, there isn't any excuse other than being tight with their money. If they do put RSR in DHS, I'm 90% sure it'll be shoved into a spot it can barely fit in, and will have a cheap feel to it (WDW IASW anyone?).

I'm a regular at WDW and I don't think there is anything 'cheap' about any of those rides, especially Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion. Those two are examples of WDW at it's best, entertaining and thematically immersive.

Atomicmickey

nearly everything that WDW has brought from DL pales in comparison. They do it 'on the cheap'. (WDW IASW anyone?).

Um, Mermaid? Plussed beyond belief from the CA version.

And, in reverse, WDW's TOT is miles ahead of the DCA version.

So, there's yer two contradictory examples, right there!

That having been said, yeah, I hope if they DO bring RSR to WDW, it's the same--or plussed. Not a watered down version.

rle4lunch

That having been said, yeah, I hope if they DO bring RSR to WDW, it's the same--or plussed. Not a watered down version.

POTC is like 10 minutes shorter, the only thing better is the queue. IASM has a county fair front fascia, and is shorter as well. Same with HM, they're all shorter. Granted TOT is longer, and Mermaid has a land built around it, well, it's about time. Don't get me wrong, WDW is great, but you would think the classic rides would've been redone EXACTLY the same way, or better, which they were not. They were thrown together almost on the fly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

But only in the queue, not the actual ride. The changes to the ride are minor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom