Y'all should ...

Californian Elitist

Then it wouldn't be any fun

People are driving themselves crazy over the idea of Cars Land (Gosh, I wish people would get the spelling right. There's a space in between Cars and Land) and no one knows for sure. Relax and wait for a dang announcement and construction. It's no fun watching people going back and forth over the idea and people obsessing over it.

M.rudolf

People are driving themselves crazy over the idea of Cars Land (Gosh, I wish people would get the spelling right. There's a space in between Cars and Land) and no one knows for sure. Relax and wait for a dang announcement and construction. It's no fun watching people going back and forth over the idea and people obsessing over it.
Thank you I apologize for misspelling Cars land please don't be mad I failed spelling in school. In Orlando they are shortening to just Carsland save a little money on signage not having to put in the spacing

stevehousse

I still am not a huge fan of a complete Cars Land at DHS, I think if they made it a Pixar Studios Land with Toy Story and had RSR and MI Coaster and one other Pixar franchise based ride it would work better for the overall theme of the park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Speak for yourself! ;)

Taylor

Everyone here has there own agenda. Is their infighting going on now, yes, it's not as bad as it has been before, though. Have things cooled on Carsland or mi absolutely not. The only thing that has cooled off is avatar,deep freeze cool. Disney is in a really bad position right now revenue is cooling, next year they don't have a tent pole as large as avengers, and resorts are down, they now know they have to have some follow thru. Disney is now at their crossroads, they now are realizing next-gen isn't the answer and they have too react. Usually there are very few solid rumors, but at this time there are credible people that are chatting a lot more than usual. Things are happening, it just takes time. Am I optimistic, yes. Would I put money on a lot of the things written here or that I'm hearing,no only Carsland at this point. I'm not trying to do my JT04 impression, he's 9 times out of 10 talking thru an orifice other than his mouth, but things are starting to get a little clearer and I may not like all the upcoming changes in corporate but if they get the job done I'll be happy as a clam.
100% certain will happen Carsland and MI
60% certain after cars something to do with Lucas Indy/star wars possibly both
Now if I remember right the Indy idea was knock down the stunt show theater and build a new ride or clone the DL ride. And with star wars was build the Mos Eisley Cantina and put the Jedi Academy in the abc sound studio. Right?

M.rudolf

Now if I remember right the Indy idea was knock down the stunt show theater and build a new ride or clone the DL ride. And with star wars was build the Mos Eisley Cantina and put the Jedi Academy in the abc sound studio. Right?
Yes it been talked about, it would more than likely not be the DL ride though

bubbles1812

Why isn't it fun? If we didn't talk about the "rumors" this part of the board would not be nearly as exciting. As much as I may disagree with some people at times, I do like talking and debating with others. Isn't that the whole idea of a forum? To go "back and forth" and dialogue? Everyone on this forum loves Disney, so why not obsess over things that may have a huge impact on it?

Not to mention that to "relax and wait for a dang announcement and construction" could take a very long time. Disney is slow. This is a well known fact. It could be months and months before they make an "official" announcement. And even longer still til construction! Look at Avatar for goodness sakes... they announced... and then there was nothing and is still nothing, at least as far as information releases to the press by Disney.

I always enjoy reading your posts Raven but I'm a little confused by this one.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
How many people championing Cars Land have visited it?

The excuse about RnD costs is only a factor if you want new technologies. Disney has plenty of existing technology at its disposal and Im sure it still remembers how to construct a nice looking façade and gift shop.

Californian Elitist

Why isn't it fun? If we didn't talk about the "rumors" this part of the board would not be nearly as exciting. As much as I may disagree with some people at times, I do like talking and debating with others. Isn't that the whole idea of a forum? To go "back and forth" and dialogue? Everyone on this forum loves Disney, so why not obsess over things that may have a huge impact on it?

Not to mention that to "relax and wait for a dang announcement and construction" could take a very long time. Disney is slow. This is a well known fact. It could be months and months before they make an "official" announcement. And even longer still til construction! Look at Avatar for goodness sakes... they announced... and then there was nothing and is still nothing, at least as far as information releases to the press by Disney.

I always enjoy reading your posts Raven but I'm a little confused by this one.

I'm honestly just annoyed by it all. One person is absolutely for sure it's coming, then another is saying it may be coming, then someone else is saying it'll never come and cycle just keeps rotating. Everyone's getting jumpy and excited for something that hasn't even been announced yet. I just find it irritating.

lazyboy97o

I'm honestly just annoyed by it all. One person is absolutely for sure it's coming, then another is saying it may be coming, then someone else is saying it'll never come and cycle just keeps rotating. Everyone's getting jumpy and excited for something that hasn't even been announced yet. I just find it irritating.
Such is how things are inside of The Walt Disney Company. Even when they announce it is not always what happens. Compare the announced Fantasy Forrest project to what is opening as part of New Fantasyland.

Californian Elitist

Such is how things are inside of The Walt Disney Company. Even when they announce it is not always what happens. Compare the announced Fantasy Forrest project to what is opening as part of New Fantasyland.

Right. It's upsetting. I'm really disappointed with the way they've been dealing with Avatar Land. I'll admit I wasn't super excited to hear Avatar was coming to Disney, but I was pretty excited to see the concept artwork. Now if just seems to have fallen by the wayside, like a lot of things do at Disney. It's just so disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom