Y'all should ...

nytimez

Seems to have happened down the road with a certain wizard.

Seems like that one is pretty divisive, too -- I've seen plenty of posts here and on other boards that complain it's too small, it's just a bunch of gift shops around a glorified motion simulator and a couple of older rides re-themed, etc. etc. etc. As well as griped that it's not a "lasting" property and therefore unworthy of its own land, the hype will quickly die down, there are no more books or movies so interest will fade, etc. etc.

FWIW, I happen to think Potter Land is fantastic -- and I'm not a Potter fan -- and I don't understand the gripes.

Expo_Seeker40

Ouch! Coach? The truth is out.

I appreciate the info spirit gives as well as his writing style. What I am not sure of is all of the bragging about not paying for things and being in the 1% is genuine or humor.
It would make sense if it's humor. Then it would be ripping on the bloggers who get paid with free stuff.
If its genuine, then it's tacky.

I can confirm that the spirit is more in the 53% category, but has 1% connections.

TalkingHead

Just spitballing here, but does Disney have enough confidence in Avatarland to build two E-tickets? I mean, Harry Potter and Cars had well-established popularity and merch sales even before their respective theme park lands opened. They were, for lack of a better term, automatic slam dunks. I wonder if Disney's looking at the proposed budget and getting cold feet.

orky8

How much could another Soarin knock-off cost? It is just a movie theater with a rather simple ride system. Is it really that expensive to make an 5 minute omnimax film, which will be almost entirely CGI anyway?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just spitballing here, but does Disney have enough confidence in Avatarland to build two E-tickets? I mean, Harry Potter and Cars had well-established popularity and merch sales even before their respective theme park lands opened. They were, for lack of a better term, automatic slam dunks. I wonder if Disney's looking at the proposed budget and getting cold feet.

If they are two high quality E-tickets will it really matter? I think if they are good rides people will come to ride them no matter what movie (or none at all) that they are based on. Sure a popular movie might give you a bump in the short term, but over the long term the quality of the attraction will be far more important.

SirLink

How much could another Soarin knock-off cost? It is just a movie theater with a rather simple ride system. Is it really that expensive to make an 5 minute omnimax film, which will be almost entirely CGI anyway?

Em the CGI if they want to do anything of quality will be the biggest cost.

IWant2GoNow

Em the CGI if they want to do anything of quality will be the biggest cost.
Not sure if there is even a Soarin' Over Pandora planned, but I bet if there were it would be 3D as well which may be an additional cost. I've heard 3D on Omnimax theatres are more difficult to give the effect, but I'm just guessing they would have 3D involved somehow or else... it's just another Soarin' & I'm not sure it would have the same draw.

M.rudolf

Since 74 has let the cat out of the bag I guess it doesn't hurt to open it all the way up. For the past 2 weeks I've been speaking with a certain atarist and he can verify the content of our conversation.
The proposal for avatar is three rides a vekoma motorbike coaster thru the floating mountains e-ticket.
Soaring 2.0 in 3d no explanation needed
And a Pandorian zoo.
The only thing stopping this is Disney wants a 20% cost reduction across the board. Cameron ain't having it.
If this proposal does go thru look for groundbreaking in may. As I said believe it or not my source usually has universal info but this time he had a Disney surprise for me.

Mawg

Since 74 has let the cat out of the bag I guess it doesn't hurt to open it all the way up. For the past 2 weeks I've been speaking with a certain atarist and he can verify the content of our conversation.
The proposal for avatar is three rides a vekoma motorbike coaster thru the floating mountains e-ticket.
Soaring 2.0 in 3d no explanation needed
And a Pandorian zoo.
The only thing stopping this is Disney wants a 20% cost reduction across the board. Cameron ain't having it.
If this proposal does go thru look for groundbreaking in may. As I said believe it or not my source usually has universal info but this time he had a Disney surprise for me.

Thank you for the to the point info

Rasvar

I have to admit that experiencing Cars Land last weekend has changed my mind on duplicating it at DHS. It is really something the park needs, as long as it gets the whole treatment. It was incredibly well done. DCA is now a fantastic park. I dare say it exceeds all but the Magic Kingdom here in Florida. My schedule was off so I did not get to meet up with Spirit and I hope that everyone that did had a good time.
Although, next time I am there, I can do without the 105 degree afternoons. It wrecks havoc on attractions and outdoor performances!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom