Y'all should ...

ctxak98

As of right now avatar isnt scrapped to my knowledge Im working to find out more info on that front. I do know of the details of a few attractions that everyone here knows about but I would like to wait till Monday or Tuesday of next week to post
do any of the rumors include a Jurassic Park addition???...that would be awesome. Sorry I am just so pumped right now

MerlinTheGoat

Didn't several people (including '74) confirm that Hollywood Studios would absolutely NOT get Indiana Jones at all? Or has something changed just in the last couple of days since he said that?

I'm not really a clone crazy person, but I wouldn't in any way be against an Indy ride here. It wouldn't even have to be a clone, there's tons of possibilities for an Indy ride without having to 100% clone the CA version. I believe someone (perhaps RandySavage?) came up with an idea of a "Fate of Atlantis" Indy ride based on the classic adventure computer game from the 90's. That would be interesting. But I expect this to be a full on clone from Disneyland anyways.

DisneyFan 2000

Considering all these are credible sources, the only conclusion I can come up with is that management, as of today, have absolutely no clue in which direction to take DHS (and AK to a lesser extent). The fact that so many stories are floating around and are changing statuses every other week is a telling sign. In all my years as part of the Disney community I don't think I've ever seen so much turmoil over what's the newest addition to a park.

cookiee_munster

omg. things have quickly changed. an indy ride, carsland and monsters inc coaster coming to the studio's?

that totally has my vote against avatar. the studio's could really benefit from 3 amazing attractions like that.

whether avatar will come in the future i guess the imagineers and james cameron have more time to work on concepts, as well as cameron at least being able to finish both films.

i always thought carsland at california was a huge risk. mainly because as i film(s) they're not regarded as the best of pixars work. BUT in terms of franchise and merchandise ive never seen any other pixar film do so well in that area (obvs toy story toys also sell really well)

now you take avatar into account. it did incredibly well in terms of box office gross, but thats mainly down to marketing. the film doesn't really have a huge cult following or anything, or even a large merchandise range like cars. it seems quite risky to even break ground until the 2nd film is at least released to know if it'll do as well as the original. if so, then carry on. break ground and then bring out the 3rd and develop the 4th film. if it doesn't do so well, then move onto another concept.

people always say, you don't need a huge franchise to market a ride. taking splash mountain into account, thing is though, even though a lot of people havent seen the film, im pretty sure they know "zippedy dooh dah" a very well known song. now what does avatar have that audiences can relate to? the only thing im left with is its visual style like the glowing flora/fauna. but thats it really. *shrugs*

build carsland, indy and this monsters in coaster and then eventually bring mysterious island to animal kingdom with a nighttime show as its centre piece.

doctornick

Didn't several people (including '74) confirm that Hollywood Studios would absolutely NOT get Indiana Jones at all? Or has something changed just in the last couple of days since he said that?

I'm not really a clone crazy person, but I wouldn't in any way be against an Indy ride here. It wouldn't even have to be a clone, there's tons of possibilities for an Indy ride without having to 100% clone the CA version. I believe someone (perhaps RandySavage?) came up with an idea of a "Fate of Atlantis" Indy ride based on the classic adventure computer game from the 90's. That would be interesting. But I expect this to be a full on clone from Disneyland anyways.

Couldn't they clone the Indy ride from Tokyo instead? I haven't ridden it, but isn't it the same basic ride at DL, but with different themes? I mean, if they wanted something different from Cali.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Wow. My head hurts.

So far....

Carsland or at least RSR plus more - probably
Monsters Coaster - very possibly.
Indy EMV - no.

Marni, you think they're be an official announcement on these projects, or will Disney simply begin work without acknowledgment, ala the DVC construction?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni, you think they're be an official announcement on these projects, or will Disney simply begin work without acknowledgment, ala the DVC construction?
I think there will be a press hoopla. Whenever they decide to decide on something!

Sorry... Indy... No EMV or Coaster. The DL and TDS EMV versions btw are almost identical, save for name, loose plot and ride system propulsion. The DLP and TDS coasters are also identical save for minor theming. And so far as I know none of which, EMV or Coaster, are going anywhere in Orlando.

twebber55

but at this rate even if they have some type of big press event you gotta wonder if it gets built..i seem to recall a big press event this time last year....

bubbles1812

As to the WDWFANBOYS posting earlier this evening, sorry I didn't post earlier but even I fall asleep sometimes. Yesterday I posted info about avatar and ironman that had been confirmed by the way of Spirit. In a conversation I have had with the same 2 individuals that gave that info amongst other things such as the Seuss landing project, bubbles1812 can verify we had a conversation about this and numerous other universal projects last night. I was told that Carsland had been greenlighted along with a set of projects that would be done in phases after Carsland had been completed. Like the fantasyland expansion.

Confirmed! :) Exciting times for Universal and it would appear per this thread...finally for Disney as well. (Avatar, if that plan goes through and Carsland both are projects I can get far more excited about than NFE)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom