Y'all should ...

Taylor

No lie, I've only ridden Splash once. I thought I was going to fall out during that drop and it was the most horrible feeling. Not to mention I got completely soaked!

I used to work at Disneyland in Fantasyland.:) I don't work there anymore, I was a CP last year for the Fall. I didn't drive him but I'm sure one of my old co-workers did! I can see that your son really enjoyed the ride!:) I enjoyed talking to the guests more than driving one of the trains. Whenever I was stationed at Casey, I used to always ask my fellow cast member if they wanted to drive the train. It's fun after maybe three or four times but after that it would start to get irritating. Talking to the guests was much better and the song would always get stuck in my head. "Casey Jr's comin' down the track, comin' down the track, with a smokey stack..."

How did your son feel on the small drop for Indiana Jones? I would imagine he was a little afraid at first?
Does the DL splash have lap bars?

Mawg

How did your son feel on the small drop for Indiana Jones? I would imagine he was a little afraid at first?

He was fine with it, I think he would like the drops now, he was just too afraid to try them. He liked the ones in PoC too and he also loved SM and BTMR. It's the really long drops he thinks he does not like. But he's only ever tried one before a few years ago, a log plume here in Albuquerque. Still I'm not going to be one of those parents to force him on something he doesn't want to try. He'll try it when he's ready. His 3 yr old brother rode ToT and Splash and loved them and rode them over and over, he was getting high 5's from the cast members as he got off.

Californian Elitist

Does the DL splash have lap bars?

They do now, I believe. The first and only time I rode, they didn't.

He was fine with it, I think he would like the drops now, he was just too afraid to try them. He liked the ones in PoC too and he also loved SM and BTMR. It's the really long drops he thinks he does not like. But he's only ever tried one before a few years ago, a log plume here in Albuquerque. Still I'm not going to be one of those parents to force him on something he doesn't want to try. He'll try it when he's ready. His 3 yr old brother rode ToT and Splash and loved them and rode them over and over, he was getting high 5's from the cast members as he got off.

Oh, ok. It seems like he's kind of warming up to the idea of a longer drop, but he's too afraid to try it. He'll get there. I can't believe your three year old was able to repeatedly do Splash. I'm a huge chicken.

It's nice to hear there are some parents out there that don't force their kids on rides. I can't tell you how many screaming and crying children I witnessed ride Pinocchio, Snow White and Toad. Snow White was the worst. Those poor children. I always told the parents they shouldn't force the kid but they rarely listened to me.

PurpleRose

Exactly. It took me forever to ride ToT in the first place. I remember feeling like I was floating above my seat when I first started riding it. I didn't like it at all.

I like The Twilight Zone series but I enjoy watching the Indy film more.
Yeah, same here. I came out of my seat on the first drop. Thank God for the seatbealts! I love the ToT queue and it really is an awesome experience. I just have a hard time handling the ride.

nytimez

Just because I say one cupcake is better than the other because it has sprinkles... does not mean I think sprinkles makes steaks better. The post was comparing three attractions - not everything in the universe.

The point was, John Williams' music does not automatically make one theme park attraction better than another, IMO.

How you feel about steaks and sprinkles sounds like a far more personal issue.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The point was, John Williams' music does not automatically make one theme park attraction better than another, IMO.

but when struggling to compare between a finite set, of which only one has the property, and the property is highly desirable in that combination. It can become a distinquishing factor. And yes, John Williams is that good :p

And now I've spent 4 posts trying to explain a simple one liner...

Rasvar

DHS TOT is to DCA TOT what DL Fantasmic is to DHS Fantasmic. However, I still prefer Indy with a caveat - that the effects are working right. There are no lap bars on DL's Splash Mountain. It was so freaking hot on Saturday, I rode it twice to cool down!

I think Indy is probably the best Disney ride in the US but I am also a huge Indiana Jones fan (Crystal Skulls never happened).

ChrisM

Giant magnets to create the flying mountains? I don't think that would work. If outdoors they will have to suspend them from the bottom. I guess that's why I always pictured them indoors suspended from the ceiling using forced perspective to make them look larger and lighting to hide the suspension cables.

The supports would need to be hidden in some fashion....I'd presume via waterfalls, foliage, or some forced perspective/hidden angles.

nytimez

but when struggling to compare between a finite set, of which only one has the property, and the property is highly desirable in that combination. It can become a distinquishing factor. And yes, John Williams is that good :p

And now I've spent 4 posts trying to explain a simple one liner...

No, I get what you're saying. I just don't agree -- and I've spent four posts pointing that out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom