Y'all should ...

PurpleRose

I stand behind it as I said my sources so far have been on the money about avatar and universal
I don't doubt you, so please don't take it as such. It's just real easy to get wrapped up in the excitment of the possibilities (greenlit or not) without mentioning how fluid everything is until groundbreaking. In this age were even announcements from Disney do not come to realization, it's easy to become skeptical. I certainly hope nothing changes from the information you've been given and have shared with us. Thank you for doing so. I hope it sees fruitation. :)

M.rudolf

I don't doubt you, so please don't take it as such. It's just real easy to get wrapped up in the excitment of the possibilities (greenlit or not) without mentioning how fluid everything is until groundbreaking. In this age were even announcements from Disney do not come to realization, it's easy to become skeptical. I certainly hope nothing changes from the information you've been given and have shared with us. Thank you for doing so. I hope it sees fruitation. :)
I agree everything is definitely fluid and I wouldn't claim otherwise. Disney definitely marches by a different drummer. The things as I posted are the facts of that time and could change at any time. That's why I he's totaled to post originally

twebber55

I agree everything is definitely fluid and I wouldn't claim otherwise. Disney definitely marches by a different drummer. The things as I posted are the facts of that time and could change at any time. That's why I he's totaled to post originally
Can we get a short recap of whats allegedly coming to DHS, DAK, and UNI

SirLink

I think there will be a press hoopla. Whenever they decide to decide on something!

Sorry... Indy... No EMV or Coaster. The DL and TDS EMV versions btw are almost identical, save for name, loose plot and ride system propulsion. The DLP and TDS coasters are also identical save for minor theming. And so far as I know none of which, EMV or Coaster, are going anywhere in Orlando.

What about an Indy flume ride based on the plot from the great PC adventure game,
Indiana Jones® and The Fate of Atlantis™?

rioriz

If all this comes to fruition I will finally have a reason to get a Wdw season pass to go along with my Universal one

RSoxNo1

Taken directly from the article:
"It seems that all of the other rumors that have been circulating are very fluid right now and could change at any moment."

bubbles1812

Can we get a short recap of whats allegedly coming to DHS, DAK, and UNI

It would seem that at

**DHS: Carsland either has been approved or there is a strong possibility that it is coming to DHS. It will be in the area that LMA and Backlot Tours currently resides. Possibly, the thought to be dead (at least that was the impression I got) Monsters Inc Coaster will also be coming concurrently with Carsland or relatively shortly thereafter. Some time after that, the Indy show will be going and an Indy ride will take its place. Should this be approved, it will not be a clone of the ride in DisneyLand. That ride, as stated by Spirit and other posters, will very likely never come to DW.

**DAK: The project is still alive so far as posters with sources here have confirmed. The most recent proposal calls for some sort of walk through zoo of Pandora's animals, a clone of the Soarin' ride system that would be a soar over Pandora in 3D, and the motorcycle bike roller coaster through the flying mountains of Pandora (a clone of the ride system in Shanghai). The budget for Avatar has a hard ceiling of 500 million or so but Disney would like it reduced by at at least 100 million. If the budget is lowered, the motorbike roller coaster would most likely be the one to go. This disagreement between Cameron and Disney on the budget is what is slowing the project to the pace of snail. But so far, the project still has life.

**Uni: Potter 2.0 is obviously coming. It will be ready for action in 2014. No official statements have been made by Universal, but per other threads (see the Universal article thread), there will at least be two and possibly three rides: the Gringott's roller coaster and the train ride between the two different parts of Potter world being ones confirmed per posters here. Transformers will also be coming in 2013. It seems that Seuss landing is also getting another ride. As per other posters, more projects are coming down the pipeline (But I will not disclose what those are. That is for the posters with the actual sources to choose when they would like to disclose Universal's other plans)

##All these with the exception of Potter 2.0 and Transformers I'd say are still very much subject to change. If I got anything wrong or forgot to add something, please feel free to correct.

Skyway

Since everything sounds so fluid, is there any competing theme for the Vekoma motorbikes at WDW if the Avatar attraction is killed? I recall that TRON was proposed and killed for MK. Could it resurface at another WDW park in lieu of Avatar (and if so, that begs the question of which film property is a bigger gamble for Disney to build as an attraction).

And since I'm asking, do the motorbikes have a future at DL as well?

ChrisM

And since I'm asking, do the motorbikes have a future at DL as well?

The TRON motorbike coaster was going to go into DL Tomorrowland, but now it sounds like an Iron Man attraction may be going in there instead.

Word came down a few months ago that blue sky plans for a Marvel-themed third gate for DLR were in the works, so there is/was probably some thrash about whether Iron Man should go into Tomorrowland or be saved for this proposed third gate.

Zac Skellington

Rather than close two attractions, build Carsland, and THEN build Monsters Inc coaster. Wouldn't it make more sense to complete MI first? Although it most likely will be expanded, the show building is already sitting there doing nothing.

Beholder

Just thinking, but if those in California want to have something that won't be cloned in WDW, then anything Marvel related seems like a safe bet. Ride system maybe, but they, or us for that matter, wouldn't ever worry about the cloning issue.

Ignohippo

As to the WDWFANBOYS posting earlier this evening, sorry I didn't post earlier but even I fall asleep sometimes. Yesterday I posted info about avatar and ironman that had been confirmed by the way of Spirit. In a conversation I have had with the same 2 individuals that gave that info amongst other things such as the Seuss landing project, bubbles1812 can verify we had a conversation about this and numerous other universal projects last night. I was told that Carsland had been greenlighted along with a set of projects that would be done in phases after Carsland had been completed. Like the fantasyland expansion.
Phase one would of course be Carsland. Followed by a monsters inc coaster and then finally a closing of the Indy stunt show for a Indy ride, my sources were not sure about which rode it would be and personally I was so happy to get the info I didn't question this any further. I've been asked numerous times who are my sources there are more than 1 and they are trustworthy.
I was also informed today that WDWFANBOYS was hassled today by a beer fan, cor less calories than a bud. On August 15 he produced a very similar article with no sources saying that all this was still on the table. I also find it funny that certain members here are ready to pm and talk when they know juicy info is in the pipes but then once it's released they go radio silent and no longer have the time of day for you.
Basically this is my info given by my sources, I usually don't talk in riddles and I believe in what I have been told 100% percent. So Mr Coors man or anyone else if you have any questions or comments please pm me
Like I said I stand behind my info and I will gladly answer anyone's questions
Remember the upcoming months will prove this right or wrong. If my sources are wrong I will admit it, but when they are proven right I will have a Cheshire grin for a long time

SWEEEETT! Thanks for the info. I knew if the Fanboys had gone so deep with the story, they must believe it 100%.

That is exactly what DHS needs. I have to say, I wish the Indy ride were an addition, rather than a replacement. I really enjoy the Indy Stunt Show, and I think DHS will be missing something when it's gone.

nytimez

Word came down a few months ago that blue sky plans for a Marvel-themed third gate for DLR were in the works, so there is/was probably some thrash about whether Iron Man should go into Tomorrowland or be saved for this proposed third gate.

I think I missed that -- where would a third gate at DLR go?

bubbles1812

Rather than close two attractions, build Carsland, and THEN build Monster Inc coaster. Wouldn't it make more sense to complete MI first? Although it most likely will be expanded, the show building is already sitting there doing nothing.

They have to go somewhere... I think it'd be more of an issue where to put Carsland, not Monsters Inc. I guess if all 4 attractions could be kept, of course I'd want that (even if Backlot is really a shell of its former self and LMA is somewhat a see once, don't need to see it again attraction). But if it's an either/or choice, hands down it goes to Carsland. And I don't see Disney saying lets expand DHS and keep those two attractions.

PurpleRose

SWEEEETT! Thanks for the info. I knew if the Fanboys had gone so deep with the story, they must believe it 100%.

That is exactly what DHS needs. I have to say, I wish the Indy ride were an addition, rather than a replacement. I really enjoy the Indy Stunt Show, and I think DHS will be missing something when it's gone.

I would be beyond estatic for the Indy ride to come to DHS but I agree with you. I will miss the Stunt Show if the ride replaces it. I really enjoy the BatB show and the Indy Stunt Show every time I go to DHS and catch a show of each every time I go. But if doing away with the show will bring on the ride, I will support that.

SirLink

Rather than close two attractions, build Carsland, and THEN build Monsters Inc coaster. Wouldn't it make more sense to complete MI first? Although it most likely will be expanded, the show building is already sitting there doing nothing.

Actually that building is where thy test all the NextGen stuff so they will need a miracle before they close that first.

Zac Skellington

They have to go somewhere... I think it'd be more of an issue where to put Carsland, not Monsters Inc. I guess if all 4 attractions could be kept, of course I'd want that (even if Backlot is really a shell of its former self and LMA is somewhat a see once, don't need to see it again attraction). But if it's an either/or choice, hands down it goes to Carsland. And I don't see Disney saying lets expand DHS and keep those two attractions.

Thanks for the reply, but you missed my point. Why would they build Carsland first? Seems like it would be easier to complete MI, and have that attraction online, before taking down two existing attractions to build Carsland.

As far as LMA and BLT... Can I please set off the charges?!? PLEASE...?

Pixiedustmaker

I was told that Carsland had been greenlighted along with a set of projects that would be done in phases after Carsland had been completed. Like the fantasyland expansion.
Phase one would of course be Carsland. Followed by a monsters inc coaster and then finally a closing of the Indy stunt show for a Indy ride, my sources were not sure about which rode it would be and personally I was so happy to get the info I didn't question this any further.

Carsland won't be coming to WDW anytime soon, probably not ever. The word on the street is that they want to keep Carsland a DCA exclusive. They didn't do Indy in WDW, but went with the Dinosaur ride which is a very similar ride system, hence no Indy. Plus, Epcot has Test Track, historically they don't want rides that have too similar a ride mechanism.

Avatarland is stuck in development, but they obviously need to add something to Animal Kingdom. They aren't going to creep along with Avatar, plus also look at cloning Carsland. And, they did a Radiator Springs themed hotel, which would look very awkward if they did Carsland.

Indy is a great ride in DL, but let's face it, the Indy franchise sort of hit a bump in the road with the last film, the series really hit its peak over a decade ago, so why would they clone Indy for WDW? The headlines would make Disney look a little out of date considering Transformers and Potterland.

You gotta take everything that has been said about Carsland with a grain of salt as it is mostly fans going to Carsland and then concluding that it will come to WDW. Indy . . . if they were going to clone this ride for WDW, the opportune moment passed a long time ago.

Funny how the rumor involves two things that DLR has that fanbois in WDW want cloned!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom