Worst Restaurants.

71dsp

...and Boma, after all of the hype and hearing how amazing it was, was disappointing to us. :shrug:

I'm glad it's not just us! It seems that a lot of people like Boma, but it was not our cup of tea. I ended up eating off of the kid's buffet! :ROFLOL:

wdwfan317

My worst and BEST dining experiences

I agree on the Planet Hollywood comment. The $15 voucher Disney gives you with your Magic your way package - "IT'S A TRAP!" We ate at Raglan Road, 1 out of 10- I give it a 3. For P.H.- The best part was the atmosphere and the cool stuff to look at and letting my boys pick out something in the gift shop. the food was ok, the server was slow and a bit of a jerk. We will not be back to P.H. again. As for Hollywood and Vine- try the breakfast buffet, especially if you have little kids. We were seated promptly with no wait- it was a light crowd, the characters(Little Einsteins, some big yellow bear(not Pooh), and Handy manny). they were cute and they put on a little show for us and sang happy birthday to my son. The food was very good, nothing really spectacular, but a lot of variety, fresh, and tasty. Service was GREAT. One of our favorite restaurants is the Sci Fi Dine in- I had the shrimp pasta with artichokes and sundried tomatoes. It was AMAZING. To the gentleman whose steak was not good- try the ribs. My husband had those and thoroughly enjoyed them. Have a milkshake for dessert if you didn't care for the dessert you had. Another icky/WORST experience was Chef Mickeys breakfast. Food just ok. VERY crowded. LONG wait time (30-45 min) even though we had advance DR. JUST "OK" service and There were BIRDS FLYING AROUND IN THE RESTAURANT POOPING ON PEOPLE'S FOOD! YUCK! :dazzle:Will NOT be going back there again. Restaurants I HIGHLY RECOMMEND: The Crystal Palace.(ALL MEALS)- characters are adorable, food is amazing, LOTS of great dessert choices, and service always great. Ohana's character meal. - FAB. BOMA! :slurp:(one of our faves)- breakfast buffet- go at the latest time for breakfast because they have several brunch-y type choices on the bar. Donald's Safari Breakfast, The Yak n Yeti at Animal Kingdom,(get the salmon!), Fish n chips at the counter service place in Epcot(Yorkshire ?) - best ever. And we enjoyed the Garden Grill as well. Thought the service and food (home cooked style?)were great. I guess to each his own. OH! And Kona Cafe'- my husband and i ate there - I was VERY emotional about some sad news I had just received and cried through half the breakfast. There were 2 servers that went ABOVE AND BEYOND To cheer me up.- brought an extra side dish at no charge, brought my own pot of coffee to the table, gave me a clip-on drink light thing(I am 40 YEARS OLD, but i thought this was incredibly sweet). Was very impressed with this restaurant and its staff. :sohappy:

NiarrNDisney

YES.
Boma, after all of the hype and hearing how amazing it was, was disappointing to us. :shrug:

I didn't mind Boma much though I am not a fan of buffets and now that Sanaa opened I probably will not make reservations there again. My only issue with Boma is how packed it always seems to be which makes it a very loud dining experience.

mickey2008.1

At Tutto, we were served the best appetizers we've had but that was completely undone by the blandest to entrees we've ever had. And they were different. Bland only begins to describe food that was virtually flavorless.

Dead on about Tutto, great anti-pasta platter, entrees with no flavor.

les Chefs de France this past Sept. was horrible. Classic french cooking my a--! One of the biggest disappointments in the World. Not one of us in a party of six liked anything. Gruyere mac n cheese was dry and had no flavor what so ever! Braised short ribs fatty, chewy, and no flavor! This place cant season for anything.

Spikerdink

The absolute worst meal my group has ever had was at Chef Mickey's for Dinner. Sub-Chef Boyardee food, nasty looking presentation and even the interaction with the characters was strange. Donald and Minnie were acting as if they were having an affair. Odd. Never again for dinner - breakfast a different story.....

The MadHatter

number 1 grand champion worst....cape fear cafe (cape may)

MK-toneys town square
pinocchio village haus (have not been since i heard they refurbed)

EPCOT- coral reef
san angelo inn
any of the the eateries around innoventions

HS- abc commissary

AK- havent really dined here...only tried yak and yeti but that was pretty good. i guess rainforest cafe was pretty bad but its not like i was expecting anything great.

BiggerTigger

I'm glad to say we have not had a terrible meal, we have had some less then stellar service. And the few time we have been served something that was not quite up to snuff, it was replaced quickly by the great staff. I don't think I could call anything terrible, but again, I haven't eaten at every restaurant yet.

But this is only my opinion.

sweetpee_1993

ABC Commissary is by far and consistantly the worst of the worst. A strong runner-up would be Hollywood & Vine for lunch. Oh! And also the Electric Umbrella. :hurl:

Most over-rated award goes to the Yachtsman. I'd love to say that was an "off" night but they'd have had to have 2 "off" nights inside of a week. Both were underwhelming on the food while still stellar on the service. Food kills service, tho.

A lot of the restaurants have been hit-or-miss for us over the years. When some have been great on one trip they'll be average at best on the next. Service is also hit-or-miss all too frequently. Even the best food can be overshadowed when you're dying of thirst or have no room on the table with all the dirty plates piled-up. Ya know? It's a shame. Hate having to live with the dining crap-shoot..........:lookaroun

The MadHatter

Most over-rated award goes to the Yachtsman. I'd love to say that was an "off" night but they'd have had to have 2 "off" nights inside of a week. Both were underwhelming on the food while still stellar on the service. Food kills service, tho.

totally forgot till you mentioned it. i just got back a few weeks ago and i would have to agree with you...def didn't feel or taste like a signature restaurant. i was hoping it was an off night. i think im gonna substitute shulas steakhouse next time around.

seattlemousers

Would definitley have to say Sci-Fi, even the dessert was blah
One and done, but that's part of the experience, try and learn and try another. Also very disappointing CRT keeps changing their menu options. First the desserts changed, now the Major Domo is different, if isn't broke, don't fix it.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I agree with a lot of what's already been said...

Tony's in the MK is inedible. Blech. Over at DHS, I also avoid Mama Melrose. Whoever the chef is there has an extreme fondness for the salt-shaker. At Epcot, I won't ever go back to the Coral Reef- had a few bad meals there, in addition to horrendously slow service. As far as resort dininng, given the price they charge for it, I found the dinner at Chef Mickey's to be a complete waste. Terrible food (that looked like it had been sitting out there for hours) coupled with a disorganized environment.

For counter service, the worst has to be the ABC Commissary, though dishonorable mention also goes to Electric Umbrella, Village Haus, and Pizza Planet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom