Worst Restaurant At WDW

VoiceGuy07

Planet Hollywood. The service was slow, I had to literally hold my glass up to attract our servers attention to get a refill. I was also fairly annoyed when they brought our main courses out while we still had our starters to finish.
While the Hard Rock Cafe over at Universal has comparable food, everything about it blows Planet Hollywood out of the water.

Agree. Good food but very probably (and consistently) the worst service on the property!! Ate there again in November '06 and spent most of the "meal" waiting around waiting.

DonmoyerFamily

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]just read this on allears..sure to make some of you very happy...and after reading a lot of the response i might agree...atmosphere may make up for poor food[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]L'Originale Alfredo di Roma to Close August 31, 2007![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disney's contract with L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante ends August 31, 2007. Disney is currently working on plans to develop a new Italian restaurant for World Showcase's Italy pavilion. No further details are yet available.[/FONT]

k.hunter30

Worst FOOD:
Sci-Fi Drive In (Although I remember liking the desert quite a bit)
50s Prime Time Cafe (Nothing beats TRUE home-cooking)
Planet Hollywood

Food not as good as I hoped:
Germany buffet
Marrakesh (I agree with whoever said it wasn't flavorful enough..)

Best:
Boma (the variety adds to my love of the place)

mousebymarriage

I can't say we have ever had a really bad experience at any of the WDW resturants. When hubby and I went without the kids in Oct 2005 we ate breakfast at O'Hanas and the eggs came to the table really wet and slimy:hurl: , we mentioned it to the waitress and it was fixed immediately with no problems at all. The staff was great and the characters came by to take pictures and joke around even though we didn't have any kids with us.

bucky1023

I guess it depends on the person, but I have tried the Big River Grille and Brewing Works ob the Boardwalk twice and both times I really didn't care for the food.

I also went to the Brown Derby and had the Cobb salad, which I didn't like one bit :)hurl:), but I am going to give the place a 2nd chance the next time I go down.

Valawen9

I'm going to go with ABC Commissary. Gross! I was sick for the rest of the day after eating there! :hurl:

Oh and I'm not a big fan of Rainforest Cafe either. Blah.

VoiceGuy07

Planet Hollywood - You could commit suicide here and the staff wouldn't know. It's that loud, obnoxious, and over rated.

Have almost done so just to get the attention of a server - good thing I didn't - wouldn't have helped!

Also find the service at Bongo's pretty substandard. Have eaten there twice with the family over the period of five or so years and it was consistent - consitently bad.

tink68

In 2004 we ate at Sci-Fi and while the atmosphere was great the food was not. Also the breakfast at Pop kinda stunk. We have been lucky though and enjoyed most of our meals at DW.

bradkay

We ate at Hollywood & Vine for dinner on Thanksgiving last year. Food was uninspired steam table food. I've been to other buffets at WDW and the food was much better.

JikoMarie

I'm not surprised that people didn't enjoy chain restaurants like Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe. It's a generic menu that's the same throughout the continent. I wouldn't waste my time eating at these types of restaurants while at WDW since you can eat at them in so many other cities.

I didnt really Like the sit down one in the Caribbean Beach forgot what its called tho

Are you talking about Shutters?

Some of the choices you all have made for worst restaurant kind of surprise me.

Toss up between Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station *gag*

A lot of people said this which is too bad. After looking at the menus at MK, we thought this was one of the only CS restaurants that steered away from burgers and fries. We'll take your advice and avoid it.

Immediately, the first two things to pop into my head were the Morroccan and Chinese places over at Epcot.

A lot of people also mentioned Restaurant Marrakesh. We have an ADR here for our upcoming trip. Most of the reviews we read about it have been great. I guess I'm curious as to what it is people dislike? How does the food compare to other Moroccan food that you've had?

ABC Commisary, useless staff & cold, greasy food:fork: .

This is another one we will put on the "avoid" list thanks to you all. Sounds really bad.

Victoria and Alberts.

This is shocking to me!! I've heard extremely great things about V&As. I'm a little skeptical of the bad reviews to tell you the truth since it is the only five star restaurant in Southern Florida and mostly ever critic has had nothing but glowing reviews of it. I think we'll keep our ressie at the Chef's Table and let you know how it goes.

I guess it depends on the person, but I have tried the Big River Grille and Brewing Works ob the Boardwalk twice and both times I really didn't care for the food.

Like the Sci Fi Dine-In, I don't think this is a place to go for a culinary adventure. We are going to BRGBW but we have low expectations for the food. We are going for the brew, not the food.

wbt06

yea si fi sucked it was cool inside but after being there for an hour i think we watched what was on the screen like 4 times they should realy change up what they show or actually show some real movies. the best thing about that place was the glowing ice cube and yolu can get them almost everywhere

inafog

A lot of people also mentioned Restaurant Marrakesh. We have an ADR here for our upcoming trip. Most of the reviews we read about it have been great. I guess I'm curious as to what it is people dislike? How does the food compare to other Moroccan food that you've had?

For me the food at Restaurant Marrakesh isn't as good as the counter-service place at Morocco. Marrakesh's food is under-seasoned. Also, I once got food poisoning at WDW and Marrakesh was the prime suspect (raw apple dessert; it was the only thing I ate that no one else did).

I think Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney is the worst place I've ever eaten. Our kids were told by their friends that it was great so we went. I'll never do that again.

I also don't like Pecos Bill's, although that's mostly because they always have huge lines. Since they only have about five things on the menu, what in the world can the holdup be?

Lucky

For me the food at Restaurant Marrakesh isn't as good as the counter-service place at Morocco. Marrakesh's food is under-seasoned. Also, I once got food poisoning at WDW and Marrakesh was the prime suspect (raw apple dessert; it was the only thing I ate that no one else did).

I think Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney is the worst place I've ever eaten. Our kids were told by their friends that it was great so we went. I'll never do that again.

I also don't like Pecos Bill's, although that's mostly because they always have huge lines. Since they only have about five things on the menu, what in the world can the holdup be?
Why the huge lines at Pecos Bill's? Splash Mt. & Thunder Mt. near by, parade route right outside the door. And for fast food it's not bad.

bayoutinkbelle

Worst experiences I ever had were at ABC Commissary and the pizza at Pop.

Pop pizza: We've tried it not once, not twice, but three times (I know, I know :) ). Not appealing at all and I'll never order it again.

ABC Commissary: We ordered burgers and I couldn't even eat mine.

figment1985

I loved the Rainforest cafe at Downtown Disney. I had the shrimp skewers and garlic mashed potatos and it was really yummy. Our server was nice and the atmosphere was awesome.

I really think so much depends on your own experience... there is rarely a place that is ALWAYS consistant.

When we ate at the San Angel Inn our bill was like $70 and I swear I've had better mexican food for $10.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom