Worst Restaurant At WDW

badabing

Another place I forgot to nominate as one of the worst: Liberty Tree Tavern. IMO it was bland frozen dinner: turkey, green beans, potatoes, etc. that made for a disappointing and over-priced character meal.
Could'nt agree more about the Liberty Tree Tavern.We went there last Christmas Day, and it was a complete disapointment.

k.hunter30

Could'nt agree more about the Liberty Tree Tavern.We went there last Christmas Day, and it was a complete disapointment.
I've never been there, but from everything I've read and menus I've seen... I just think I can eat better with a true home-cooked meal than there...:shrug:

Ranch Dressing

The only place I would avoid like a plague, would be the noodle station in MK. That was the first and only time I ever threw out food after a couple bites.

A close runner up would be the McDonalds at DTD. Not because of the food, it was the 17 bucks I spent on one meal and an extra sandwich. The look on my face made my wife laugh.

Deadmanwalking

The only place I would avoid like a plague, would be the noodle station in MK. That was the first and only time I ever threw out food after a couple bites.

A close runner up would be the McDonalds at DTD. Not because of the food, it was the 17 bucks I spent on one meal and an extra sandwich. The look on my face made my wife laugh.

Then don't every stop at that McDonalds that's outside the park but on the roadway in, its just as expensive. For those prices I expect a waiter and wine with my mcnuggets.

Chickapin Chick

Shutters at CBR makes me shudder. Bad food, bad service, and a dreadful atmosphere that made me feel like I was eating in a glorified shopping mall.

I love the San Angel Inn, but I do understand those who have had unpleasant dining experiences because of wait staff snobbery. I generally like most food, but I am very picky about how it is prepared. I ordered a burrito entree, but then I eliminated most of the fixings, preferring to have only rice, chicken, and cheese inside. The waiter looked at me as if I had committed the eighth deadly sin (after all, thou shalt not pick apart thy burrito). He even questioned my decision, rudely putting down my order and pushing me to make it less plain. Finally, I retorted: "Sir. I would like four things from you - a tortilla, chicken, rice, and cheese. Those should be sufficient ingredients to make a burrito."

Tell me, though - is it common knowledge that Disney food isn't the greatest? Because if it is, then it's news to me. I adore the food. I crave the chicken fingers. I long for those Disney buffeterias. Then again, I am wonderfully satisfied by a simple bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, and if given the choice between Count Chocula and a prime cut of steak, I would probably choose the Count Chocula. My taste buds aren't exactly exotic.

PigletIsMyCat

Of course, I have to put in my three bucks worth of info. Sadly, I only accept PayPal :D

Now, I also feel that the atmoshphere has alot to do with it, because if I'm having a hysterical time, my food tastes better. Seriously.

Here's my ideas:

Liberty Tree Tavern: can only eat here with certain people. It's our special place. We love the food, we love Goofy, we love Chip and Dale, and we like Minnie. She hits on my hubby, so we don't like her that much. It is pricey, but very fun.

Crystal Palace: get on the Monorail. Go somewhere else. Chef Mickey's, O'Hanas, 1900 Park Fare. The only reason to go here is to see Pooh and his gang, and you can find them other places.

Casey's Corner: best place for a dog. Nice skinny fries. I think this is the best quick service bet in MK. Haven't been there in a bit, so I'm praying the cheese is still there... fingers crossed....

Peco's Bills and Cosmic Rays: both serve the same kind of fare: bugers and a wrap or chicken meal. Both kind of suck since the condiment stations have been pared down. My favorite part of quick serve was the free cheese and sauteed mushrooms.

Chef Mickeys: good fun for dinner. Loud. AWESOME mashed potatoes and prime rib. We love this place - great Donald Duck photo op!

O'Hana's: another favorite. For breakfast OR dinner. All the miniMickey waffles you can eat!?!?! YES!! For dinner, all the shrimp/sausage/steak bits I can eat!?!?!? EVEN BETTER! Also has our favorite salad dressing of all salad dressings. If you are over 21, get a Lapu Lapu or an Island Sunset. Or four. Breakfast includes Stitch.

1900 Park Fare: have only done for brekkie. Nice selection, great photo ops with Mary Poppins and one of the only places you're sure to see Alice. Hard to wrangle the waitstaff.

Concourse Steakhouse: pricey but a nice splurge. We enjoy the steak with the red wine butter and the Mickey brownie dessert sundae from the kids' menu.

Le Cellier: VERY pricey and terribly hard to get into, very dark but authentic atmosphere. Delicious cheddar cheese soup.

Biergarten: OUR ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. I cry if we go to Epcot and can't get in. Worth every penny. Love the show. (I have a crush on one of the lederhosen wearing trumpet players) Authentic biergarten atmosphere according to people who have attended Oktoberfest in Germany, minus the drunken idiots and smoke. Eat more spaetzle.

Sci-Fi: get a burger or a shake. Get nothing else. You are paying to sit in a 'car' and watch trailers and movie bits and dancing popcorn. And, it's really dark.

Electric Umbrella: true quick service. Lots of seating, lost of sauces and dressings to pick from, a little loud.

San Angel Inn: go to the Cantina. Save your money. It is overpriced, the portions are small, the margaritas are weak, and the food is bland. REALLY bland.

Also in Mexico... San Angel Cantina: awesome. Get the nachos. And the margaritas. And, if you're cheap like me, get the kids meal: a handful of chips, queso (cheese) to dip in, and a little quesadilla. For $4. Perfect.

Earl of Sandwich: yummy but pricey. Love the horseradish sauce.

Fulton's Crab House: another personal favorite. Very expensive but (we feel) worth it for very good fresh fish. Hubby is in love with the bisque, which is sherry based. Delicious starters and entrees, with a bangin' bar that's popular with the locals.

Cap'n Jacks: sucky. Really. Fish selection was small, not well prepared, service was horrible, and they billed me twice. Save your money: go to Earl's for a sandwich and use the leftover funds at Cap'n Jacks MARGARITA bar.

Can you tell I like margaritas? The 1800 Margarita at DTD are my fave. Also, in Epcot there is a cash only stand in France that sells champagne and champagne cocktails, as well as French wine. They also have the Grand Marnier Orange Slush. Best. Drink. On. Property.

Sorry, I have a lot of free time today.....

LeeSeeBabe

I don't like reading other people's responses to some of my favorite restaurants :lol:, so I'll go ahead and say my worsts:

Planet Hollywood: our service has always been terrible (eaten there atleast 5 times), and I find it highly overrated. Also, my mother got extremely sick from eating there once.
Rose & Crown: Good beer, The menu is blah to me, as well as the food.

figment1985

I am gonna say again that San Angel Inn was crap. You can get much better food at your local mexican restaurant, or taco bell or certain days, lol.

I love sci-fi, but the food is not good either... dont waste your money on anything big, just get a burger and enjoy the atmosphere! It's a nice cool place to eat!

MJMcBride

I am gonna say again that San Angel Inn was crap. You can get much better food at your local mexican restaurant, or taco bell or certain days, lol.

I love sci-fi, but the food is not good either... dont waste your money on anything big, just get a burger and enjoy the atmosphere! It's a nice cool place to eat!

I love the SAI

KimnAbby

The place I think is the worst is the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. The atmosphere is fantastic, but the food is completly terrible. We've tried it a few times, hoping the food would be better, but it's always been less than great.

I also wasn't crazy about the American fast food in Epcot. I thought it was dirty.

k.hunter30

I loved San Angel Inn. When I went three years ago it served some of the best mexican food I've had. And I've even spent time living in Mexico.

Hated sci-fi. Probably my least favorite place to eat - next to 50's PTC. To each his own I guess. :shrug:

Jacinda

Alfredo's! Yuck! For as many rave comments I had heard about it, I just wasn't impressed. I know I'll catch grief over this next one, but I have the same opinion of Ohana. Neither restaurant lived up to the hype, but that's just my opinion.

beachclubbasics

My family wasn't crazy bout the San Angel Inn either. We ate there in 2005 and haven't gone back. Same with a popular favorite of most people here...Chef Mickey's. We hated it, but it could be because there were a lot of kids who were unsupervised while wew were there and you know how unsupervised kids and a buffet can go...we also think that we all got food poisoning there, so CM's won't be on our itinerary again.

We love the Mitsokoshi Teppanyaki room (which is sadly closed for rehab this year), the Crystal Palace, and The Cape May Buffet (though I was a little disappointed in the lack of fish variety).

islesgirl

As much as people love Le Cellier...I have to pick it as one of my worst cause I got deathly ill after eating there. At first I thought it could have been something else that got me sick but when my brother, who ordered the same thing, got sick as well we knew it was the food.

Also...Tonys is god awful. I couldn't force that food down

lunarsquid

I'm not sure everyone should be including national theme restaurants in this... After all, Disney has little to do with how they're handled. (Rainforest, Planet Hollywood, Big River Grille, etc)

These both suffer from the same affliction: mediocre food, interesting atmosphere, very high prices.

But as far as actual Disney properties go, I think we can all agree that the very worst restaurant is the ABC Commisary! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom