Worst Restaurant At WDW

Mouseless2Long

Rose and Crown

Agree with the "Italian" places being less than impressive; my sister really didn't like Tony's. And for Nine Dragons in China, we've always enjoyed it but you can get good Chinese almost anywhere.

My least favorites: Rose & Crown (UK) and Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco). Have only eaten at each place once. Not sure if it was what we ordered, or if they were having a bad night, but I doubt we ever venture back to either place. Well, maybe the bar at Rose & Crown but don't see us trying the food again anytime soon.

Regarding the Rose and Crown . . . :veryconfuI think we're looking for a somewhat authentic pub experience as opposed to a great meal. How is the atmosphere? Can you order an appetizer or something similar while sitting in the bar?

Dwarful

I think people order items like spaghetti at places like Tony's and then they are really disappointed. My kids LOVE spaghetti..made from grandma's recipe because thats what they are used to. They always 'think' they will love spaghetti at places like The Old Spaghetti Factory, or Olive Garden or even Tonys...but its not the same. I think food like that is so personal that its hard to be satisfied. But we had great steaks and wonderful service at Tonys and the atmosphere was wonderful. If you need a break from Character meals, where you can sit down, relax and let someone else do all the work, then I think Tonys in MK can be a wonderful retreat.

wdwmomof3

My family wasn't crazy bout the San Angel Inn either. We ate there in 2005 and haven't gone back. Same with a popular favorite of most people here...Chef Mickey's. We hated it, but it could be because there were a lot of kids who were unsupervised while wew were there and you know how unsupervised kids and a buffet can go...we also think that we all got food poisoning there, so CM's won't be on our itinerary again.

We love the Mitsokoshi Teppanyaki room (which is sadly closed for rehab this year), the Crystal Palace, and The Cape May Buffet (though I was a little disappointed in the lack of fish variety).

We also hate San Angel Inn. I will never go back! Our service has always been bad and the food is tasteless. On Chef Mickeys, it's one of our favorites but I see what you mean about the kids but I keep mine in check:) I hate that you got sick there. I guess if it happened to me I would feel the same way.

davinakb

Another vote for SAI. My sister and I went a couple months ago, figured we had not been in a few years. I remember why: much better food options in EPCOT, and these days good, "authentic" Mexican food is not hard to find.

sbkline

I hate Oriental food. So I would definitely say that all the Oriental restaraunts at WDW would be the worst restaraunts there. :hurl:

Krimedog

Planet Hollywood-Ate their on my first trip, hated it, will never eat at Planet again

Coral Reef- Although while i do enjoy the atmosphere and sea food, theirs was just mediocre. It should not be mediocre for the price they charge.

Brown Derby- Ate their on my last trip, my mom and i both hated it, as well as my girlfriend. Overpriced and the food was terrible.

Hollywood & Vine- Did not like the food selection at all

For me to hate food is a rarity. I love food, i am up to trying anything. But these are my picks.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I will add that the Ginger Chicken Salad at the japan quick-service was downright vile.

The first time in Epcot i think i've ever almost yakked after 1 bite.

Ravenclaw87

The breakfast at CRT. The only thing my boyfriend and I would eat were the kid's french toast sticks that our awesome waitress so very kindly brought out for us. (And she even gave us an extra sword after the bf broke his. :)) I miss when they used to serve normal breakfast fare, and not that cream cheese filled blueberry crap.

Other than that, Rainforest Cafe in DTD was pretty terrible. I had much better food, and much better service, at one in a mall in CT. BUT, I guess that one isn't Disney's fault...

(And, on a side note, I think my grandfather and I are the only people in the world who like ABC. Those banana chips are addicting!)

happymom52003

Wow, I thought something was wrong with me because I have never liked Alfedos...glad to see Im not the only one. Hopefully the new restaurant will be better.
I also agree with many other posters that the food at San Angel Inn is not great. I am a self proclaimed expert in Mexican food:animwink: . I live in Texas and have access to many, many Mexican restaurants....interior Mexican food and Tex-Mex. We eat it several times a week, we cook it, it is the first thing we eat when we have been out of town and return home... we love it! In my opinion San Angel Inn food is not that great. We still go on occasion because we love the atmoshphere. But it is low quality, cheap food. You can buy better chips and salsa at your local grocery store. And dont even get me started on the margaritas. If a Mexican restaurant cant even get the chips, salsa and maragaritas right, then you know the food is going to be terrible!

ThinkTink721

ABC Commisary as well. :hurl: Everytime I've had the misfortune of eating there I just threw my money away. Rock hard, old burger and ice cold undercooked chicken nuggets - both seperate visits. NASTY. I'll never eat there again.

Worst sit down was Planet Hollywood by far. They sat us on the edge of the walkway so the servers literally PUSHED into us every 30 seconds as they walked by. One even spilled coke on Love. The food came out wrong and gross and it was overpriced. A close second of overrated and overpriced is Rainforest Cafe.
-m
We ate at the RC in DTD last summer & it was pretty good (not the best, but pretty good). :) :wave:

ThinkTink721

Not a fan of Pecos Bills or Cosmic Ray's. I mean it is good if you are looking for cardboard burgers, but if that is not your thing, you might just want to skip it.... :lol:
I like both of these counter service restaurants.
Although, Peco Bill's always seems to be overcrowded.:eek:
:wave:

ThinkTink721

Sci-fi: the ribs and cole slaw were awful. How do you ruin cole slaw? And the waitress tried a little too hard at being entertaining. It just came across as annoying.

ABC Comissary: I've had many a hamburger at the World. Theirs is hands down the worst I've ever had. It was lunch hour and it was dry and cold like it had been sitting there for hours. And I agree that the tvs are way too loud.

Shutters: I ate there on the DP and being free didn't make up for how bad my steak was.
I really would like to try Sci-Fi.
Maybe an order of onion rings & a shake during EMHs!:confused: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom