Worst Meal Ever...

experiment624

Via Napoli, EPCOT World Showcase: Italy! For three people, cost over $95 after tip. One bowl of speghetti and meatballs with a coke to drink (no refills), a spinache lasagna (no meat) and tap water, and rigatoni with cream sauce (no meat) with a drink of Blood orange juice. No salads, no bread, no dessert, NOTHING else. The portions were small when considering there was nothing else offered. My sister hated the lasagna, it was a pile of mush, i swapped with her just to give her something to eat. The Blood orange juice was so watered down, there was hardly any flavor other than the acidic taste, i ended up drinking just water and leaving the $6 juice on the table. WILL NEVER GO BACK. We left feeling hungry and very dissatisfied.

The Incredible Schmulk

I think this thread has lost its usefullness -- clearly what some people love (Yak and Yeti, Le Cellier) others do not....
The OP asked about the WORST food, i.e. inedible food, that you have had in the park...almost NONE of the restaurants that people are complaining about here are "inedible" -- they just didn't like them.
Personally, I have never had a meal at quickservice or in any of the sit down restaurants that is inedible, though there are restaurants I might not go back to for one reason or another.

Well, nothing that is served in the parks is truly inedible. This is an exercise in hyperbole, as are all threads like this.

That being said, I stand by my bashing of Tony's. When you serve food at a premium price, merely because it's a sit-down experience inside of a theme park, you should have the decency to at least serve an average meal. Tony's is almost aggressively poor. They do things with their pasta and red sauce that I would never consider doing in my own kitchen, and that's the simplest possible application of Italian cuisine imaginable! The whole of the restaurant is a travesty. The fact that it's also so pricey, to me, makes the food inedible.

Could I eat there and obtain enough nutritional value to survive in the event of a nuclear holocaust or something like that? Absolutely. Would I eat there unless such an event occurred? You would have to pay me for that traumatic experience.

captainkidd

In terms of dining experience, I'd have to say probably Planet Hollywood. In terms of food, I'd have to go with Pizzafari or Pizza Planet. Most disappointing meal was California Grille. First time we went, it was excellent. Second time, terrible.

Dwarful

well originally I'd have said Pizza Planet. We had half frozen cardboard pizza. This past June though our new least favorite...no way I could ever drag my family into this place again...ever....is Kouzzina's. We had to wait well over an hour just to be seated, bad service and the food was inedible. We like Greek food...but you could almost blow the cinnamon off of some of the food. Someone was going heavy handed on that spice. Maybe it was just that night...as our friend who was with us and had talked us into giving it a try was really disappointed. We should have known something was up...we were able to get reservations in June the night before. Guess there was a reason there were soooo many empty tables.

Dad 2 M & M

I would go as far as to say that outside of Il Mulino, there is no good Italian food anywhere on property. I'm going to give Portobello a long-deserved second go around on our next trip, but I've yet to have a meal at an Italian establishment that has approached anything more than disappointing. A couple, namely Tony's and Mama Melrose, I thought were downright gross.

Tutto is highway robbery. They should be ashamed for charging so much for food that tastes like Stouffer's.
Let us know how Portobello's goes. I didn't get Tutto's either, not worth the time or credits. Have you tried Via?

The Incredible Schmulk

Let us know how Portobello's goes. I didn't get Tutto's either, not worth the time or credits. Have you tried Via?

We haven't tried Via Napoli, yet, but it's a walk-up possibility on the trip, as well. It might be a decent place to grab a beer and a slice, should the craving hit. It's not on the top of the list, though. I'm wary of pizza joints that claim to be "authentic", even if that restaurant is in Disney. Plus, I've had the pizza at Naples in the Anaheim Downtown Disney, and I didn't think it was all that spectacular. They have the same parent company and a pretty similar menu, so I imagine that there's not too much difference between the pizza recipes. They don't really have me dying to check out their latest location.

We will definitely post a review of Portobello either on here or our blog when the time comes. I had a great experience at their bar just having the meatball sliders and a beer on our last trip, and we might opt to just take our full meal there on this next trip. At the very least, Portobello has a leg up on all non-Il Mulino Italian on property for that bar alone.

westie

This is most likely my own fault for choosing the last seating of the night but, the last time I ate at Le Cellier I ordered the prime rib, which has always been to die for. Well, they must have been out because they brought me a pan fried prime rib that was dry and chewy as leather. Not the roasted to perfection I am used to. I was really disappointed but, when I mentioned it, the waiter blew me off, probably due to being the last few there and the staff wanting to go home. But, as mentioned, for the price your paying for the meal, maybe something else should have been offered or compensated. My only recourse was not to leave a tip and remind myself to dine earlier than later.

acishere

Tony's Town Square is an insult to Italian Food. I thought I was eating spaghetti and sauce from a can. Olive Garden is more competent and they can't even pronounce the names of the food right in their ads.

DisneyJunkie

Actually, we enjoy the pizza at Pizza Planet, it's one of only a few places now we can get pizza. (Still can't believe they converted the pizza at Pinocchio's Village Haus to flatbreads.) Places where we've had meals that weren't very good at all: Restaurant Marrakesh (bland as could be), ABC Commissary (always nasty), Mama Melrose, Tutto Italia, Chefs de France. Mealwise, the food at San Angel Inn is merely adequate....except for the dessert. It has what I'd consider the best dessert anywhere in WDW, some kind of white chocolate mousse that's just out of this world.

DizneyPryncess

We've been lucky and have rarely had a bad meal in Disney. There's few places I don't have any desire to go back to. One is Pizza Planet - add me to that list. The pizza just tasted like thawed out frozen pizza. I thought it would be fresh. I guess it is what it is. The arcade part was dirty too, and just not what we expected.

Dad 2 M & M

We haven't tried Via Napoli, yet, but it's a walk-up possibility on the trip, as well. It might be a decent place to grab a beer and a slice, should the craving hit. It's not on the top of the list, though. I'm wary of pizza joints that claim to be "authentic", even if that restaurant is in Disney. Plus, I've had the pizza at Naples in the Anaheim Downtown Disney, and I didn't think it was all that spectacular. They have the same parent company and a pretty similar menu, so I imagine that there's not too much difference between the pizza recipes. They don't really have me dying to check out their latest location.

We will definitely post a review of Portobello either on here or our blog when the time comes. I had a great experience at their bar just having the meatball sliders and a beer on our last trip, and we might opt to just take our full meal there on this next trip. At the very least, Portobello has a leg up on all non-Il Mulino Italian on property for that bar alone.
I tried the one in Anahiem April '10...it wasn't busy and it was obvious as to why.

polynesiangirl

Probably Pizza Planet. But it wasn't really terrible, just really underwhelming.

Also, on a somewhat related note in re: burgers at QS places, once I saw a guy in line ordering the level of doneness on his QS burgers. As in, "one burger medium well, one medium rare..." and the CM was just sort of nodding and smiling. This was at some SUPER cheap QS place years ago and I was 100% sure they were frozen patties back there that were most certainly not going to come out of the kitchen any way but well done. I felt kind of bad for the guy, knowing how disappointed he was probably going to be in a few minutes, haha...

Redsky89

The Sci-Fi Drive In. Food wasn't all that and the service wasn't the best. That and if you sit there long enough you saw the same things on the screen over and over again.

luv

Sci-Fi wins for Worst Single Meal I've Had.

Tony's, though, is consistently below par. It's never terrible, but it's never any good.

l4dybu6

Truthfully, I will have to say Boma! The service was FANTASTIC and the atmosphere was amazing, but they use some spice in their food that I hate.....
I guess African food isn't my thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom