Worst Meal Ever...

swissamy

The ABC Commissary is a place I will only go to if I am truly desperate as it is really bad - in quality and in taste. We have also had bad service and mediocre food at 50"s Prime Time and mediocre but tremendously overpriced food at Chef Mickeys and Garden Grill, although both are restaurants we have since and will continue to frequent. Tutto Italia has become a dont do since it switched from Alfredos -high prices and food is certainly not as good as Alfredos was although service is very good. I think it depends on the day and your server as any mediocre meal can be fondly remembered if the experience and server is good and any good meal can be remembered with bad sentiments if the experience/server is lacking...In any case, I'll take anywhere at WDW over anywhere here at home!

jdnetone

We did not like Tusker House when we went in 2010 for lunch the place was nice but we simply did not like the spices used and will stay away from African Cuisine. I see they serve American cuisine now but I believe back then it was African.
We were disappointed in the Biergarten also, just not what we were expecting.

disney magic 06

I think my vote would have to go to ABC Commissary. Cool, greasey, chicken gristle curry yuk. Inedible.

My daughter would say Yachtsman. Her filet had thick white fat running right through it and it was served very rare instead of medium rare. The other 2 of us had beautifully cooked lean filets, but we will never go back. The server was horrible, and took the money we gave him to pay for drinks and tip as all tip, and charged the drinks to the room! By the time he brought us the slip to sign and we realised what had happened we were too embarassed to explain, although we were of the opinion he knew exactly what he was doing. We wrote the whole thing off to experience but we won't make the same mistake twice.

Thankfully, most of our meals have been great, I can't think of any other really bad experiences.

wiigirl

Mine would be Tutto Italia at Epcot.
Mama Melrose’s at DHS is better, neither has decent appetizers.

Totally agree about the appetizers....
75.gif

lebeau

The only restaurant we actively avoid is Cosmic Ray's. The set-up is terribly inconvenient. At meal times, the place is a zoo. Finding a table while carrying trays, dealing with strollers, etc is a real chore.

The food, for the most part, is acceptable. But we have had some real losers there too. Last time, my wife had a piece of chocolate cake that was freezer burned to the point of being a frosted hockey puck. Completely inedible.

BamaDisneyFan

I agree with Real Mad Hatter, Le Cellier. We went in 2011 and the food was okay, but the service was REALLY BAD. I hate that I wasted 2 TS credits. DH did not want to leave a tip it was that bad, however I did, but it wasn't a good one. We will never go again.

mickey2008.1

For us it's Les Chefs de France. It was a dirty place, poor service, and the food was horrible. And don't just mean horrible, but disgusting. Our party of six hated everything, except for the profitarols. French onion soup was anything but that, could have put dirt in a cup with water and had better. But not just only the food, the place was really cramped, and very dirty/ outdated.

Tutto Italia, same as above, except for the antipasta platter. Now that it has been redone, we will now have to try it.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Okay, throw out your bombs - what's the absolute worst meal you've ever had on WDW property and was it bad enough for you to swear off ever going back?

My worst was Pizza Planet way back in '95 on our first visit. The pizza was worse than frozen pizza and to top it off I was super disappointed that Pizza Planet didn't even remotely resemble the Pizza Planet from Toy Story. And the latter is probably the main reason we've never been back. I was traumatized. Lol...

Toy Story for these exact reasons, I think I would have returned and stomached the horrible, horrible food if I felt I was dining in "Pizza Planet"

Close seconds are:

Sci Fi - Horrible food - service was ok...( I might consider this place again for atmosphere alone)
Coral Reef - food wasn't horrible but that combined with Bad, bad...service. I don't think they'll see my dollars again.

Weather_Lady

For me, the worst quick-service was Pizza Planet, and the worst table-service was Hollywood and Vine. The Pizza Planet pizzas were sub-par and tasteless (the oft-heard "cardboard" analogy is spot-on) and we had to wait a long time for them. Hollywood and Vine was simply forgettable and not worth the price -- it was just a stunning variety of mediocre dishes. (Also, I didn't care for the cold, clinical cafeteria feel of the place, and kept casting longing glances toward the 50's Prime Time restaurant next door, which seemed so much warmer and friendlier by comparison.)

Other than that, we've had very good experiences with Disney dining, both counter and table-service.

righttrack

For a quick service, I'd have to say ABC Commissary was the worst, closely followed by Pizza Planet, which is redeemed by atmosphere. Fresh food, and fresh tasting food is a must at these prices.

For a sit down, I'd say I was disappointed at what I perceive to be a lack of authenticity at some of the International Showcase restaurants but I won't dive to heavily into details there. I know they are making the food for a mostly American audience, but assume that by eating in these restaurants people want something more flavorful and authentic than they can get at their neighborhood Chinese/French/Italian/Mexican/Japanese/etc restaurants. This is getting better, but it bears repeating. I'll also state that I live in the NYC metro area so maybe this is only a problem for me.

For a single sit down disappointment, I'm going to have to go with Hollywood and Vine (I know I'm picking on Studios food a bit). It just was an unimaginative buffet. Food was OK, but you know, it just wasn't WDW enough. I would suggest more adventurous food and stick to one theme rather than make this place a hodgepodge of themes that don't work.

PolynesianPrincess

Either I'm just not a picky eater or I had an experience so bad that I completely blocked it out of my mind, but in all the trips I've been to WDW, I don't recall anything being truly terrible. Everything is either good or better, even the QS places. All our TS meals have been good and the service has been good or above. We don't into places with high expectations cause I know places can have off days. I think the only possible sub-par service we may have had was at Sci Fi this past May and even that wasn't too bad. The place was packed and our waiter had quite a few tables so he didn't come back to our table for a bit from time to time but we could always track him down at one of the other tables.

For us it was Tony's in MK. From the time they called our name to walking back onto Main St was 20 minutes. The worst Italian food ever. Second would be ABC Commissary.

Funfy

Okay, throw out your bombs - what's the absolute worst meal you've ever had on WDW property and was it bad enough for you to swear off ever going back?

My worst was Pizza Planet way back in '95 on our first visit. The pizza was worse than frozen pizza and to top it off I was super disappointed that Pizza Planet didn't even remotely resemble the Pizza Planet from Toy Story. And the latter is probably the main reason we've never been back. I was traumatized. Lol...
I felt the same way when we went, but, my kids went last summer and I think they have improved greatly!

ddbowdoin

I'll say this... I used to be hard on dining at WDW. I have since really calmed down those sentiments.

"It is what it is"... I'm lucky, I eat well here at home. To me, real Italian food is authentic food in the North End. Seafood is, well... New England says it all. We have some of the best steak houses, some real progressive establishments... freshest menus by well known chefs.

I have a hard time being critical of an 8 dollar sandwich at a QS spot. It is what it is...

California Grill is delicious, but at 50 dollars a plate it should be. But to people being critical of an 8 dollar burger, come on guys! What do you expect?

NYwdwfan

Really? We loved Sci-Fi! And we have reservations for Yak and Yeti! :confused: Oh well.

I've never had a terrible meal at WDW. The only one I didn't love was at Marrakesh. That was only because I was a vegetarian at the time and the meal I ordered was just gross, but I'm sure they had better things on the menu!

We had a great experience at Yak & Yeti - sometimes it just depends on the day...

My worst was the Southwest salad at the place behind Indy in DHS. The chicken, while cooked, was frozen. The rest of the salad was good though!

lebeau

But to people being critical of an 8 dollar burger, come on guys! What do you expect?

Where I am from, if you charge $8 for a burger, it had better be good. $8 for a burger that wouldn't cut it at McDonalds is a rip-off. So, yeah, I expect better than Disney burgers for $8.

tracyandalex

I will say Hollywood and Vine dinner. Definitely the worst buffet we had at Disney. That is one I think we will never go back to.

Absolutely!! We go once every few years just cause we're tired of the other 2 restaurants (I can't get DH to try Brown Derby) and then we remember why we've stayed away!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom