Worst Meal Ever...

tracyandalex

I know iam gonna get bombed for this but mine would be " Le Cellier " We were so looking forward to our meal in 2010 but you know the feeling you get when the amazing doesn't happen,well that was our feeling. From the moment we were seated right at the door entrance in a small table that 3 of us struggled to eat from,to the steaks,which were way below average,and our server who was more interested to find out if we had finished our meals.

Hatter our experience wasn't that bad, but I do definitely agree that Le Cellier is overrated and the tables are too small and too close together.

lebeau

I need to move

There are downsides to living somewhere with a lower cost of living. I'm sure we don't have as many dining options round here. Not a lot of Food Network or Travel Channel shows make there way to the Cincinnati area to cover our dining. Outside of chili (which most everyone outside the area finds gross) we're not known for much. But $8 will get you a pretty decent burger.

steviej

now this was over 10 years ago, but I gotta say breakfast at garden grill. The food selection was terrible, the eggs were disgusting (wound up getting sick because of them). Refuse to go back there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Don't really have any desire to go back to sci fi since they took the ribs off their menu. Yeah, the atmostphere is cool, I kept going there cause of the ribs. Now that they don't have them anymore, i have a been there, done that attitude.

ddbowdoin

Hatter our experience wasn't that bad, but I do definitely agree that Le Cellier is overrated and the tables are too small and too close together.

Le Cellier is weird... it's pricy, but their steaks are well above chain restaurants (outback, longhorn) but well behind true steakhouses (mortons, smith and wollensky, peter luger, etc etc)

ddbowdoin

There are downsides to living somewhere with a lower cost of living. I'm sure we don't have as many dining options round here. Not a lot of Food Network or Travel Channel shows make there way to the Cincinnati area to cover our dining. Outside of chili (which most everyone outside the area finds gross) we're not known for much. But $8 will get you a pretty decent burger.

yeah, I know what you mean. I have family down in Cocoa Beach... when we visited I was just ready to come home for some well cooked food. Seems like everything in FL is a chain!

WDWmazprty

I'll say this... I used to be hard on dining at WDW. I have since really calmed down those sentiments.

"It is what it is"... I'm lucky, I eat well here at home. To me, real Italian food is authentic food in the North End. Seafood is, well... New England says it all. We have some of the best steak houses, some real progressive establishments... freshest menus by well known chefs.

I have a hard time being critical of an 8 dollar sandwich at a QS spot. It is what it is...

California Grill is delicious, but at 50 dollars a plate it should be. But to people being critical of an 8 dollar burger, come on guys! What do you expect?

Right, sometimes people set there expectations a little too high. Yes, you're at Disney, and yes, it's expensive, but its a theme park; it doesnt matter what you THINK it should be, its going to be expensive no matter what. You really can't expect 5 star meals or every time you eat there have this 'this is the best food of all time' reaction.
At the same time, some people act like they're eating garbage at some of these places. Really? There will always be some Disney restaurants that are better than other Disney restaurants. Yes, a burger at any theme park will be more than at McD's, Burger King, etc. whether its 8 dollars or 80 dollars.
A lot of it is also a matter of taste though. For a burger place, I've always loved Cosmic Rays...its a burger. Its cooked all the way through and you put your own stuff on it; it tastes great to me-its expensive fast food I dont know, thats just my opinion.

tracyandalex

Le Cellier is weird... it's pricy, but their steaks are well above chain restaurants (outback, longhorn) but well behind true steakhouses (mortons, smith and wollensky, peter luger, etc etc)

I think that was part of our issue, it was good, but not great! DH had the filet and he liked his and I had the ribeye and it was good, but definitely the best ribeye I've ever had. I do love the ribeye though so perhaps my standards are too high, lol.

Being in Tallahassee I can tell you there are very few restaurants that are not chains that I would call good to great places. We do have a lot of what we call mini-chains, only a few locations and those are quite good, some are even great. We pay about $7 for a burger.

ddbowdoin

Right, sometimes people set there expectations a little too high. Yes, you're at Disney, and yes, it's expensive, but its a theme park; it doesnt matter what you THINK it should be, its going to be expensive no matter what. You really can't expect 5 star meals or every time you eat there have this 'this is the best food of all time' reaction.
At the same time, some people act like they're eating garbage at some of these places. Really? There will always be some Disney restaurants that are better than other Disney restaurants. Yes, a burger at any theme park will be more than at McD's, Burger King, etc. whetehr its 8 dollars or 80 dollars. A lot of it is also a matter of taste, for a burger place, I've always loved Cosmic Rays...its a burger. Its cooked all the way through and you put your own stuff on it; it tastes great to me. I dont know, thats just my opinion.

I walk around all day, feel tired... I need to eat.

Eh, a burger... it's fuel.

ddbowdoin

I think that was part of our issue, it was good, but not great! DH had the filet and he liked his and I had the ribeye and it was good, but definitely the best ribeye I've ever had. I do love the ribeye though so perhaps my standards are too high, lol.

Being in Tallahassee I can tell you there are very few restaurants that are not chains that I would call good to great places. We do have a lot of what we call mini-chains, only a few locations and those are quite good, some are even great. We pay about $7 for a burger.

yeah, New England (especially greater Boston) is really anti-chain. You certainly see a ton of fast food and chains (like chili's, olive garden, etc) but overwhelmingly we support small businesses here. There's a lot of entrepreneurship here in the region and food is huge.

tracyandalex

yeah, New England (especially greater Boston) is really anti-chain. You certainly see a ton of fast food and chains (like chili's, olive garden, etc) but overwhelmingly we support small businesses here. There's a lot of entrepreneurship here in the region and food is huge.

Being from NJ and about 30 mins from NYC, I definitely do miss having other options. That is why I look to WDW to give me more/better food options. I am rarely disappointed.

Hulacat

Hmmm, I think we have a few- but Liberty Tree Tavern was soooo hyped in the books/online. We were seated next to 2 tables (thisclose2gether) of screaming babies, the server was inattentive and didn't seem to have a good grasp of english- and the food was NASTY. Why bother listening to me when I request dressing on the side- just dump a vat of oil over my salad. And DH's sandwich was vile- the bread was so sodden with oil it was shiny. The server ran off and couldn't be bothered to see if we were happy with our meals, drinks were left empty- and no mention was made of us having "honeymoon" on our adr(it was also made obvious by the mouse bride ears & our "just married" buttons).Total disappointment.
The Hacienda San Angel (the newer full service outside of the Mexican pavillion) was lovely until the server realized that we weren't going to order alcohol- and we ordered 2 appetizers for 2 people to share. The food itself was not special- and the salsa had the consistency of ketchup & tasted like acidy/bitter tomato paste.Yuck.
On the flip side- we loooooved Yak & Yeti!!! The service and decor were nice- and the food was very good. We loved the wonton soup that they serve with fresh crispy fried wonton wrappers, and the main course sald was nice, too. DH loved his meal so much that we canceled our adr for Sci Fi and went back for more Yak & Yeti goodness:)

The Incredible Schmulk

Mine would be Tutto Italia at Epcot.
Mama Melrose’s at DHS is better, neither has decent appetizers.

I would go as far as to say that outside of Il Mulino, there is no good Italian food anywhere on property. I'm going to give Portobello a long-deserved second go around on our next trip, but I've yet to have a meal at an Italian establishment that has approached anything more than disappointing. A couple, namely Tony's and Mama Melrose, I thought were downright gross.

Tutto is highway robbery. They should be ashamed for charging so much for food that tastes like Stouffer's.

RonAnnArbor

I think this thread has lost its usefullness -- clearly what some people love (Yak and Yeti, Le Cellier) others do not....
The OP asked about the WORST food, i.e. inedible food, that you have had in the park...almost NONE of the restaurants that people are complaining about here are "inedible" -- they just didn't like them.
Personally, I have never had a meal at quickservice or in any of the sit down restaurants that is inedible, though there are restaurants I might not go back to for one reason or another.

materbuddy

Garden Grill dinner. The service was awful, the food was practically inedible. Very dry and tasteless. The dessert was the best part and that was only mediocre. My DW and I took our DNephew and he wouldn't even eat the kid's meal they gave him. The only part of the meal that was nice were the characters, farmer Mickey especially.

Tusportsfan

I think this thread has lost its usefullness -- clearly what some people love (Yak and Yeti, Le Cellier) others do not....
The OP asked about the WORST food, i.e. inedible food, that you have had in the park...almost NONE of the restaurants that people are complaining about here are "inedible" -- they just didn't like them.
Personally, I have never had a meal at quickservice or in any of the sit down restaurants that is inedible, though there are restaurants I might not go back to for one reason or another.

I agree with you - every restraunt seems to have both good and bad experiences - and while I've had some sub-par meals at many Disney restraunts, none were what I would call inedible.

coachwnh

I know iam gonna get bombed for this but mine would be " Le Cellier " We were so looking forward to our meal in 2010 but you know the feeling you get when the amazing doesn't happen,well that was our feeling. From the moment we were seated right at the door entrance in a small table that 3 of us struggled to eat from,to the steaks,which were way below average,and our server who was more interested to find out if we had finished our meals.
wasnt my worst meal, but I'd have to say that le cellier is easily the most over rated place in WDW!!! Yachtsman, jiko, and citricos all (in my opinion) have better filets.
Id have to go with Sci Fi for worst, and Narcoosee (sp) for most underwhelming and disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom