Worst Meal Ever...

Dad 2 M & M

We were there in 2009 summer and 2010 - I realize it was awhile ago but we basically went from loving it to hating it in a 1 year period. I was so upset with the service and the food. The egg rolls are great but the rest of the food is like bad CHinese from the mall.
We were there for the holidays '10...seemed to be fine (not great, but decent).

MagicMegan

My worst was a couple trips ago at the Chinese restaurant... 9 Dragons I think it's called? All I really remember is that all of the adults (6 of us) pretty much hated everything we had, the chicken was dry and lacking flavor, just bad. The only one who enjoyed it was my 3 year old niece, and I'm pretty sure it was because she loves plain white rice. I left hungry, and ended getting fish and chips down in England right after our dinner.

DisneyDad1977

There are downsides to living somewhere with a lower cost of living. I'm sure we don't have as many dining options round here. Not a lot of Food Network or Travel Channel shows make there way to the Cincinnati area to cover our dining. Outside of chili (which most everyone outside the area finds gross) we're not known for much. But $8 will get you a pretty decent burger.
lebeau-
Having lived all over the eastern half of the US including NYC and New England, I would say that there are few if any downsides to living where there is a low cost of living. My family moved to the Cincinnati area about 5 months ago and have found a vast array of dining options. Honestly, more than I expected. Having 4 children, dining at WDW is less about the food quality per se(my kids will eat just about anything!!) and more about the personality of the servers and the speed of service and total meal time. As long as the food is decent, the servers interact with my kids, keep refills coming and get us out the door in a reasonable timeframe I am happy. Being a restaurant manager/chef for almost 2 decades I recognize the challenges of running a high volume establishment and often see things most others would miss. I have had mostly great experiences dining at WDW, but there have been some big misses. I would agree with most that Pizza Planet is just plain terrible. I could easily overlook the awful food if the building was anything like the movie.

To dare to dream............

rob0519

Worst Buffet would be Holywood and Vine. Worst Quick Service would be the ABC Commissary. We found DHS to have the worst overall food service of any park or resort.

copcarguyp71

Worst meal on property was Cap'n Jacks in DTD. It was extremely disappointing especially after the hour wait! Although DD did love the glowing Tink that came in her dessert so it was not a total loss :D

jamesgf

I have never had a meal that was completely awful, but I did get a foodborne illness after eating at La Cantina San Angel. It turned the last two days of a wonderful trip into absolute misery not to mention I couldn't eat for another 3 days after arriving home. :shudder:

As I I was reading/planning for our upcoming trip I had to say when we were there in 2011 my daughter got horribly ill after eating here on our second to last day of our trip, we were unable to enjoy our last day as she was so sick and spent the final day in bed and had a really rough flight home.

We also had a horrendous meal at Le Cellier.

docandsix

I'm truly surprised by all the negativity regarding Le Cellier. We eat there every visit (though that may change because of the requirement of two credits on the DDP) and have never been disappointed.

On the subject of steaks, however, our experience at the Yachtman's left us all completely uninspired, especially the aloof service. I certainly did not consider the steaks anything impressive. (Not like Steakhouse 55 at Disneyland, for instance, though our service there also stank.)

I was totally unimpressed by our one visit to Ohana, a favorite on these boards. Average food, way too expensive, and marginal service. Even the atmosphere (there was an atmosphere, right?) did nothing for us.

The worst food we've had, however, came from the counter service Yak and Yeti's location. Wow. Boxes of rice with unrecognizable sauce and two or three ribbons of rubbery, cold meat.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've done Le Cellier 3 times over the past two trips (2011 / 2012). In 2011, they knocked it out of the park, both visits. In 2012, it was good, but not as good. I did a "Dine with an Imagineer" lunch at Brown Derby that also had a mushroom risotto filet that was amazing. And at both venues, the creme brulee wasn't very tasty.

The Chocolate Moose was fantastic as always though.

My least favorite place to eat is any place that serves breakfast, with the exception of Tusker House.

I've done Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare and the resort breakfasts many times, and they were always mediocre at best (this past 2012 trip 1900 Park Fare was just terrible, I won't be going back anytime soon).

Outside of breakfast, I think that the food overall at Disney is pretty good, and while I have places I care not to visit, I haven't ever been severely disappointed...well, outside of Germany's TS option. I love the venue, hate the food, but I grew up in Germany, so their cafeteria style versions of food really don't sit right with me. I can cook better at home.

maryszhi

sci fi and crystal place. food at sci fi was terrible, however, the shakes were good, which is why we ordered so dang many because it masked the taste. one trip at cp was so bad, that i literally took the bus back to the hotel and ate at the food court. the biscuits were rock solid, and the waffles burned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom