Worst Meal at Disney

wdw4brits

Probably the Rose & Crown. Waited ages for a table then they split us up! Poor service (reflects the brits well actually in comparison to the excellent american service)!

Phonedave

Cape May Cafe for Dinner.

Ate their for the first (and last) time this last Sunday.

I'll be putting up a dining thread with pictures later, and will detail my reasons, but suffice to say there was not a single good item on the buffet. From eraser like mussels, to clams with a teaspoon of sand in them, to ribs that were like chewing on rubber. Not a good meal in any way. (well, there were one or two passable items)

-dave

ddbowdoin

when I am WDW, I eat to survive... thats about it.

granted, I have never stayed on site so I'll be having more ADR's than normal, but still... I am not expecting world class cuisine

Phonedave

when I am WDW, I eat to survive... thats about it.

granted, I have never stayed on site so I'll be having more ADR's than normal, but still... I am not expecting world class cuisine

There are some good places to eat in WDW. Mainly in the resorts, not in the parks.

Swing by V&A, they are pretty good :)

-dave

Avenger117

My worst meal in WDW has to go to Liberty Inn. In fact its the only one that I can say was just really awful.

Oh and I'm not picky, one of my favorite restaurants is Cosmic Ray's. So the Liberty Inn was just bad.

Disneygal1

I'm surprised a lot of people don't like The San Angel Inn. I went there for a birthday dinner for my cousin, and I loved it. The food was awesome, but I guess it depends on the person. I like Sci-Fi Dine Inn, it's fairly decent. I HATE the Norway Restaurant at the world show case in Epcot, it's terrible. The food was cold and raw.

quirkle

Yak and Yuki

1) Yak & Yeti - went there in Aug 2008 and then for Xmas is 2009. Loved it is 2008 - thought I was in a diffrent place in 2009. Does the quality go down at XMAS?? the egg rolls were great but the sweet & sour chicken made me:hurl:.

2) CRT for breakfast - I have eatten here 4 times before 2009 (1994, 1996, 2002, 2005) It was the best breakfast in the park - those potatoes and that pastry but then we went for a very very special Xmas day breakfast and we got nothing the same. We had a choice of an omelet (microwaved I think) or a waffle - seriously?? For 2 creadits pp?? Also the princesses seemed far far away. I complained when I go back to POFQ and they refunded me the credits because I literally freaked out. We will never go back there!

3) San Angel -a again I was there in 1996 and then back in 2009 - I swear the food got worse. My husband loves the atmosphere but I dont get how unauthentic it is and horrible. IMHO they keep the lights down just so we dont see our slop!:veryconfu

4) China - really?? You cannot do Chinese food well - go to any town and any corner and you get better CHinese.

5) Any buffet dessert - they put all that stuff out and it tastes all the same. How can cheesecake and fruit be the same tasteless stuff??:shrug:

As for a meal or place that I never read about - Picnic in the Park at AK - we ordered ours (dont get the potatoes- too spicy) and brought it to the animal station (I forgot the name :hammer:) we sat outside and ate a yummy picnic while everyone asked us where we got it - the brownies were to die for!

I liked Norway - it was great!! My next trip is all about no repeats in dining!

Disneygal1

I can see some people liking the Hawaiian food, but for some reason I did not like it. And yes there was a lot of hype and it was very expensive, which made me think it was going to be good. I was wrong.

Springer

Worst meal was easily the Maya Grill at CSR. Ordered a chicken dish. The chicken was perfectly seared and brown on the outside...and completely raw on the inside. Imagine my surprise and disgust as I bit into it. Luckily, i did not get :hurl:

Magical Dreamer

Cape May Cafe for Dinner.

Ate their for the first (and last) time this last Sunday.

I'll be putting up a dining thread with pictures later, and will detail my reasons, but suffice to say there was not a single good item on the buffet. From eraser like mussels, to clams with a teaspoon of sand in them, to ribs that were like chewing on rubber. Not a good meal in any way. (well, there were one or two passable items)

-dave

I guess I ordered the same meal in November................More like the Cape Dismay Cafe :lol:

flavious27

I'm surprised a lot of people don't like The San Angel Inn. I went there for a birthday dinner for my cousin, and I loved it. The food was awesome, but I guess it depends on the person. I like Sci-Fi Dine Inn, it's fairly decent. I HATE the Norway Restaurant at the world show case in Epcot, it's terrible. The food was cold and raw.

I haven't eaten at San Angel, but the theming is great. Sci fi was okay, but you paid for the atmosphere because the food was the same quality as the commissary. As for Norway, the concept got in the way of the food; and then tdo's solution to fix the problem was a hot menu that doesn't match the theme and a freakin character meal.

rstaut

Planet Hollywood, October 2007. Nasty cold food. Too loud. Poor Service. We canceled a meal at Tony's Town Square to go here instead. Ooops!

DisneyJunkie

ABC Commissary......the food there is simply inedible.

50's Prime-time Cafe......not only was the waitress not in character, but the menu was lacking and the food pretty bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom